Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169427 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1905 on: January 03, 2012, 05:20:31 AM »
Very awake which at almost 10 is not too good

I'm wide awake too, because I am watching Hoarders.  :thumbup:
Speaking of hoarding trying to break the habit of keeping too many things I threw out some parts to a respirator I thought I would never use, and now I have to go out and buy them as I am going to need them:thumbdn:

Why do you need a respirator?  ???

I work in very dusty environments  at times in attics it is hard to see there is so much.  I am going to be installing spray foam insulation and and need different cartridges and adapters that I used to have but threw out for the chemicals that are in it 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1906 on: January 03, 2012, 07:25:13 AM »
been out of the house with friends and family for the last three weeks or so. i just want to go back home and colapse in bed with my weighted blanket and just stop being so stressed...

i dont like going out. dont get me wrong i enjoyed my friends and a select few family members but my grandma has been at me every time i have been around her nagging me half to death and im just fed up with being yelled at for doing things like flicking an elastic band at my sister. she wasnt even fucking upset. she just said ouch and i got yelled at and called stupid.

FUCK.

anyways i just want to either let the world disipear right now or just fucking die.

dont know what my depressions is due to... i was starting to feel a bit better from my last bought a month before x-mas. than family comes along and BANG! gotcha! cant escape me!

/end rant
I don't mean going out continuously every day all day. Just a couple of times a week for a few hours or something. And not in your grandmother's company, heh.

Your depression could be due to stress. This time of year always gets me too, but it hasn't been too bad this year. Because I have been able to have a lot of alone time which I enjoy.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1907 on: January 03, 2012, 08:14:04 AM »
Very awake which at almost 10 is not too good

I'm wide awake too, because I am watching Hoarders.  :thumbup:
Speaking of hoarding trying to break the habit of keeping too many things I threw out some parts to a respirator I thought I would never use, and now I have to go out and buy them as I am going to need them:thumbdn:

Why do you need a respirator?  ???

I work in very dusty environments  at times in attics it is hard to see there is so much.  I am going to be installing spray foam insulation and and need different cartridges and adapters that I used to have but threw out for the chemicals that are in it

I have a half-mask respirator that I use frequently with particle filters when I'm working with wood (sawdust), dry cement or even just emptying the vacuum cleaner.  I also have organic gas/vapour filters for when I'm solvent welding pipes or acrylic sheet, or using a lot of aquarium silicone, since the acetic acid vapour it gives off can get quite irritating at high concentrations.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1908 on: January 03, 2012, 08:50:16 AM »
^For the latter - the acetic acid vapour - how do you protect your eyes? I used to water mushrooms with chlorine and had to wear a full face mask for that because the fumes would make my eyes sting otherwise. The mask was heavy and a pain to have to wear for two hours at a time.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1909 on: January 03, 2012, 09:48:07 AM »
^For the latter - the acetic acid vapour - how do you protect your eyes? I used to water mushrooms with chlorine and had to wear a full face mask for that because the fumes would make my eyes sting otherwise. The mask was heavy and a pain to have to wear for two hours at a time.

I just did some reading on mushroom cultivation.  I knew that fungi tended to be quite resistant to a wide range of chemicals, but I hadn't heard of watering them with chlorine bleach (1 part bleach to 200 parts water seems to be the dilution used).  I wish I could use that trick with my live food cultures to stop mould and mites from infesting them, but the organisms being cultured are invariably less hardy than the invaders.

The acetic acid vapour doesn't bother my eyes as much as it bothers my throat and lungs, but safety goggles provide some protection if I need it.  I use bleach to sterilise tanks and equipment and I sometimes wear my respirator and goggles for that too, but I put bleach into a misting bottle and spray it all over the things to be sterilised, so the main hazard is droplets of bleach being directly inhaled or getting in my eyes. 

Sometimes mum mixes bleach with acidic household cleaning products when she cleans the bathroom, which causes it to give off lots of chlorine gas, and that can bother my eyes and respiratory tract, but again, it bothers my throat and lungs before it bothers my eyes.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1910 on: January 03, 2012, 11:31:55 AM »

I just did some reading on mushroom cultivation.  I knew that fungi tended to be quite resistant to a wide range of chemicals, but I hadn't heard of watering them with chlorine bleach (1 part bleach to 200 parts water seems to be the dilution used).  I wish I could use that trick with my live food cultures to stop mould and mites from infesting them, but the organisms being cultured are invariably less hardy than the invaders.

The acetic acid vapour doesn't bother my eyes as much as it bothers my throat and lungs, but safety goggles provide some protection if I need it.  I use bleach to sterilise tanks and equipment and I sometimes wear my respirator and goggles for that too, but I put bleach into a misting bottle and spray it all over the things to be sterilised, so the main hazard is droplets of bleach being directly inhaled or getting in my eyes. 

Sometimes mum mixes bleach with acidic household cleaning products when she cleans the bathroom, which causes it to give off lots of chlorine gas, and that can bother my eyes and respiratory tract, but again, it bothers my throat and lungs before it bothers my eyes.

Does your mum know that she isn't supposed to mix bleach with acidic cleaners because chlorine gas is toxic?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1911 on: January 03, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »

Does your mum know that she isn't supposed to mix bleach with acidic cleaners because chlorine gas is toxic?

I talked to her about it just there and she said that she knows not to mix bleach with other things.  She uses bleach in a spray bottle like I do, and she tends to just chug bleach into the spray bottle, so it's something like a 1:4 or 1:3 dilution, even though I've explained many times that she's making it too strong.  Also, the chlorine smell seems particularly to come from the toilet when she's added green or orange toilet cleaning stuff to the bowl and peeing in the toilet intensifies the chlorine smell, so I think she might be spraying bleach in the toilet before she adds the toilet cleaner, although she denied it.

She doesn't use enough to generate dangerous levels of chlorine; just enough to make me hold my breath while I pee straight after she's cleaned the bathroom.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1912 on: January 03, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »

I talked to her about it just there and she said that she knows not to mix bleach with other things.  She uses bleach in a spray bottle like I do, and she tends to just chug bleach into the spray bottle, so it's something like a 1:4 or 1:3 dilution, even though I've explained many times that she's making it too strong.  Also, the chlorine smell seems particularly to come from the toilet when she's added green or orange toilet cleaning stuff to the bowl and peeing in the toilet intensifies the chlorine smell, so I think she might be spraying bleach in the toilet before she adds the toilet cleaner, although she denied it.

She doesn't use enough to generate dangerous levels of chlorine; just enough to make me hold my breath while I pee straight after she's cleaned the bathroom.

Pee has a little ammonia in it, so you might get a chlorine smell from chloramine if you peed into a bleach solution.

Offline DORKY CHOU

• Frequent Poster
  • Cynicism at Work
« Reply #1913 on: January 03, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »
That surely was very nasty.

Anyway, I just have had an headache, and thanks to painkillers, I'm okay.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1914 on: January 03, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
Still laughing my head off....got told today i am so much like this woman

it bears a slight resemblance i reckon,  hehehe
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1915 on: January 03, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
That's a cute clip, Bodaccea!

"Sometimes the truth is painful!"

:laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1916 on: January 03, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
Cold.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1917 on: January 04, 2012, 05:03:40 AM »
Five free throws in a row today. I'm feeling very good.

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1918 on: January 04, 2012, 05:10:24 AM »
^That is a tongue twister to even read. What does it mean?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1919 on: January 04, 2012, 05:26:19 AM »
^That is a tongue twister to even read. What does it mean?

I meant in basketball. Been practicing shooting in preparation for the actual matches coming up within a few months.