Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169592 times)

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1140 on: November 01, 2011, 05:12:24 AM »
Concerned. Uni are asking me to pay them over 800 pound in university fees but I don't have any money, nor do I believe I am the person who should be paying them. Thing is I'm a very poor communicator when it comes to this type of thing so I'm fucked really. :(

What kind of documentation have they sent to prove that you owe this money?
 Can you have your parents talk to them and get it sorted out?   :orly:
None yet, just that it's for my uni fees of the 2010/2011 academic year. I already paid that though I think, or rather, my student loan did. I left the year early and I shouldn't have had to pay for the time after I left. :dunno:
My Dad's away on business, I called him but he's in a meeting. Parents seem to want me to do this myself but the thing is when this happens I always mess up and then they tell me off even though I did my best and they knew it'd happen. I must be such an annoying child :laugh:

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #1141 on: November 01, 2011, 05:14:25 AM »
Concerned. Uni are asking me to pay them over 800 pound in university fees but I don't have any money, nor do I believe I am the person who should be paying them. Thing is I'm a very poor communicator when it comes to this type of thing so I'm fucked really. :(

None yet, just that it's for my uni fees of the 2010/2011 academic year. I already paid that though I think, or rather, my student loan did. I left the year early and I shouldn't have had to pay for the time after I left. :dunno:
My Dad's away on business, I called him but he's in a meeting. Parents seem to want me to do this myself but the thing is when this happens I always mess up and then they tell me off even though I did my best and they knew it'd happen. I must be such an annoying child :laugh:

i somehow get the feeling all aspies are annoying children... meh better than being just a plane brat... at least were annoying but forgivable!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1142 on: November 01, 2011, 05:14:44 AM »

You sound like a loyal and loving child.  I hope they help you with this.  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1143 on: November 01, 2011, 08:22:13 AM »
Over booked and overwhelmed by the amount of work coming in
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1144 on: November 01, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »

From a business point of view: 
They will have to pay the salaries and other expenses whether you finish your courses or not.  They don't say to the professor, "A student dropped, so you'll be paid $175 less for the rest of the year."  If they refunded your money they would not be able to find a student to take the rest of the class and pay.   An analogy:  If you don't eat all the food on your plate or leave a movie early because you don't like it would you ask for that share of your money back?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #1145 on: November 01, 2011, 11:04:14 AM »

From a business point of view: 
They will have to pay the salaries and other expenses whether you finish your courses or not.  They don't say to the professor, "A student dropped, so you'll be paid $175 less for the rest of the year."  If they refunded your money they would not be able to find a student to take the rest of the class and pay.   An analogy:  If you don't eat all the food on your plate or leave a movie early because you don't like it would you ask for that share of your money back?
Agreed. Spoke with a woman from the finance department at uni and it's not something that would be covered by my student loan. I'm paying installments for the next four years and not gonna make the mistake of uni again, especially now the fees have gone up to 9k a year.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1146 on: November 01, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »
In the U.S. we have community or technical colleges. 

The community college will grant you an Associates Degree after completing a 2 year course of studies in areas such as IT, Early Childhood Education, Vet Tech, etc.  It will also let you transfer to some regular 4 year colleges if that is the course of studies you choose.  It allows you to take the basic courses for college at a much cheaper cost. 

A technical college will train you for a skilled job (culinary arts, electricial, computer aided drafting, practical nursing, welding, etc) usually in less than 6 months.  They cost even less than community colleges.

eris

« Reply #1147 on: November 01, 2011, 01:44:51 PM »

The community college will grant you an Associates Degree after completing a 2 year course of studies in areas such as IT, Early Childhood Education, Vet Tech, etc.  It will also let you transfer to some regular 4 year colleges if that is the course of studies you choose.  It allows you to take the basic courses for college at a much cheaper cost. 

A technical college will train you for a skilled job (culinary arts, electricial, computer aided drafting, practical nursing, welding, etc) usually in less than 6 months.  They cost even less than community colleges.

I took 2 semesters at a community college before I transferred to a university. I could have went straight to The University of Pittsburgh, but doing that saved me $8, 000. And NOWHERE on my diploma does it say I went to CC for 2 semesters. CC's are harder than people think . It is mostly university professors looking for some extra cash, so curriculum is the same. It can even be harder. They had lawyers teaching all the pre-law classes. I couldnt even tell wtf they were talking about half the time, ( most of the reason i changed my major )

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #1148 on: November 01, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »

i bileve CAD is computer aided design not drafting your Majesty...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

eris

« Reply #1149 on: November 01, 2011, 01:50:34 PM »
cad is computer aided drafting. That's what my older brother went to college for .

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1150 on: November 01, 2011, 01:54:53 PM »

i bileve CAD is computer aided design not drafting your Majesty...

I found out it can be both.  When I audited the local Vo-Tech they offered CADrafting.  This was back in the early 1980's.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1151 on: November 01, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »
Monkeys are happy so I'm happy :)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1152 on: November 01, 2011, 04:45:21 PM »
Very sleepy.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1153 on: November 01, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »
@ crip

so you are quitting uni - is it because of the high
fees,  or because they are saying you owe them
eight hundred quid?

can't you blame them for the reason you did not
complete the year? i dunno,  say you couldn't understand the tutor, or make something up!
you have just had a lot of surgery haven't you?
would they be lenient if you said it was due to
pain?

it is a lot of money (£800) and i don't understand
why she should pay for a service, or part thereof, if she has not used it :dunno:

her tutor would have been paid the going rate anyway,  regardless of numbers attending...it
seems a bit unfair.
blah blah blah

Binty

« Reply #1154 on: November 01, 2011, 09:19:42 PM »
Bit horny.  Miss the boy.