Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169922 times)

Psychophant

Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #750 on: October 07, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »
Nope not codeine.  I got a small dose of morphine to knock the initial pain down and then got sent home with some Vicodin.  I'm due to see my doctor in 2 days for follow up.  At least it's only cracked and not completely broken, no surgery, just a brace to keep the ribs as still as possible. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #751 on: October 07, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »
Nope not codeine.  I got a small dose of morphine to knock the initial pain down and then got sent home with some Vicodin.  I'm due to see my doctor in 2 days for follow up.  At least it's only cracked and not completely broken, no surgery, just a brace to keep the ribs as still as possible.

At least it's worker's comp.  Will you be off work for long?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #752 on: October 07, 2011, 07:47:03 PM »
Very painful, I got a cracked rib from getting kicked by a drunk as we were getting him on the stretcher.  He had passed out in the middle of a road.   He came to and was really belligerent as we loaded him into the ambulance.  I just happened to be on the wrong end of the stretcher.  He got carted to jail and I was the one seen in the ER.   :facepalm2:
That sucks, I had two broke ribs before. Very painful. Don't sit in any easy chairs, you will hate getting up. I hope you heal up well.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #753 on: October 07, 2011, 07:56:07 PM »
Very painful, I got a cracked rib from getting kicked by a drunk as we were getting him on the stretcher.  He had passed out in the middle of a road.   He came to and was really belligerent as we loaded him into the ambulance.  I just happened to be on the wrong end of the stretcher.  He got carted to jail and I was the one seen in the ER.   :facepalm2:

That sounds very painful.  I hope the Vicodin works for you and that you feel better soon.

Psychophant

« Reply #754 on: October 07, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »

We'll wait till the next doctor appointment, but, I'm hoping to be at least functional within the week.  Driving, maybe dispatching, no heavy lifting.  I can't sit around doing nothing too long! 

Psychophant

« Reply #755 on: October 07, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »
That sucks, I had two broke ribs before. Very painful. Don't sit in any easy chairs, you will hate getting up. I hope you heal up well.

Thanks and thanks for the warning on easy chairs.  Any twisting or bending of my torso is painful.  I'm already getting creative in my movements!

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #756 on: October 07, 2011, 11:22:44 PM »
Lot's of pain. Strengthening my core to help with my back excaberbates my Celiac Artery Compression Syndrome. I can feel constant fluttering in my upper abdomen, likiely from the restricted blood flow. To top it off, headaches on left side are getting more intense and i have felt numbness in the left side of my face and temporarily lost hearing in my left ear. What fun! :thumbdn:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #757 on: October 08, 2011, 12:04:19 AM »
Lot's of pain. Strengthening my core to help with my back excaberbates my Celiac Artery Compression Syndrome. I can feel constant fluttering in my upper abdomen, likiely from the restricted blood flow. To top it off, headaches on left side are getting more intense and i have felt numbness in the left side of my face and temporarily lost hearing in my left ear. What fun! :thumbdn:

Can you have the CACS treated surgically?  And are the headaches and other left-side symptoms related to it?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #758 on: October 08, 2011, 02:49:03 AM »

We'll wait till the next doctor appointment, but, I'm hoping to be at least functional within the week.  Driving, maybe dispatching, no heavy lifting.  I can't sit around doing nothing too long!

Get better soon! :viking:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #759 on: October 08, 2011, 04:26:05 AM »
I am freaking out.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #760 on: October 08, 2011, 05:15:54 AM »
I am freaking out.

You are going to get through this, and soon you will be settled happily in your new home!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #761 on: October 08, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »

Holy shit dude. Sorry to hear. What an arsehole.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Psychophant

« Reply #762 on: October 08, 2011, 05:53:44 AM »

Holy shit dude. Sorry to hear. What an arsehole.

Hazards of the job, could have been worse.   Some of the older members of the crew tell stories that make this look tame. 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #763 on: October 08, 2011, 06:51:59 AM »
I have a headache.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #764 on: October 08, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »
That sucks. I hope you find a solution soon. Stuff like that is better to get under control before you get on the other side of 40.
I am freaking out.
Hang tough. Break it down to component parts.  :thumbup: