Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 171417 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2011, 12:21:49 PM »

Oopsypoopsy (um yes, turned gay overnight :laugh:), too much wine I drank last night.. feel.. numb, I reckon. Not hangovered, just very chill. Going to shower for an hour now and.. we'll see..

Oh, yeah.. painting/varnishing again after that.

Numb because of turning gay? Or was it the wine? Or maybe the combination of those two?

Inquisitive mind does wonder.  :tard:

A combination of the two, I'm reckoning now. After the 4th glass of wine, I looked at the neck of the bottle and thought, that's one fuckin' nice looked neck and well, it all went so fast after that.

:LOL:²

NAH. None of that shit, of course.

Just thought the first word of the first sentence there was funny to use for once. Has a nice 'toodylydoo' ring to it. :LOL:

Nup, I was numb from the wine. Ummm, can one go numb turning gay?

Oh, hope Crip feels better soon.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2011, 01:26:44 PM »
Fainting is a classic Victorian symptom announcing the arival of a sweet bundle in about 7 months.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Fainting is a classic Victorian symptom announcing the arival of a sweet bundle in about 7 months.

So if I fainted right now, a box of cake would be delivered to me in April?  :drool:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »

So if I fainted right now, a box of cake would be delivered to me in April?  :drool:

7 month old cake  :zombiefuck:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2011, 04:46:24 PM »

Just thought the first word of the first sentence there was funny to use for once. Has a nice 'toodylydoo' ring to it. :LOL:

Nup, I was numb from the wine. Ummm, can one go numb turning gay?

Oh, hope Crip feels better soon.

Knew what you meant, just couldn't resist.  :autism:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2011, 04:46:45 PM »

No, freshly made cake, carefully timed as a reward to be anticipated for seven months!   :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »

No, freshly made cake, carefully timed as a reward to be anticipated for seven months!   :2thumbsup:

Abstaining from food for seven months could cause more than just fainting.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2011, 05:06:37 PM »

Oh, I'd continue to eat normally while waiting for the cake, of course!  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »

Oh, I'd continue to eat normally while waiting for the cake, of course!  :laugh:

That's a relief.

Binty

« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2011, 05:53:14 PM »
Feelings; do not want  :thumbdn:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
Tummy happy, just had fried chicken.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2011, 02:32:16 AM »
Feel sleepy despite taking 6 Dexamphetamine. Going to take another 3. Probably shouldn't but I have to study.

I feel the same way today; I just took dexamphetamine pills #7 and #8 and I'm hoping that I'll wake up enough to get some work done.
I ended up taking 13 dexamphetamine yesterday. Felt ok but still tired. Gone back to taking my regular amount today, otherwise I will run out before it is time to get another script filled.

When I get up to needing more than 10 a day (50mg, vs my prescribed dose of 40mg), I try to take a break from them for at least a couple of days to let my tolerance drop a bit.  It's often difficult to find the time to take a break, since I've developed a physiological dependence for dexamphetamine and I'm not much good for anything other than eating and sleeping when I come off it (at least for the first few days), so I have to wait for a gap when nothing critical needs to be done, but I get more work done in one good day when the meds are working well than in a whole week of mediocre or poor days when the meds aren't helping much, so it's worth it. 

I have a pill bottle where I put spare pills from days when I didn't take any or took less than my prescribed dose, which gives me a buffer for when I need extra without risking running out and having an unplanned break until I get a refill.
I can't really take a break from the pills at the moment as I am trying to get some assignments done for uni. Might have to wait until the week before exams and take a few days then (see how it goes) or just wait until holidays. Have dropped to 4 a day today and yesterday and I am prescribed for 6 a day. Good idea about the spare pill bottle for extras. :)

Crip, thinking of you. Fainting sounds scary. Have never done it before but come close.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2011, 03:02:59 AM »
I've fainted 3 times.  The first time was when I was 16; I was in a shop with my mum and sister, I felt a pain in my stomach, got dizzy, my vision darkened and became blurred as I began to fall and I was unconscious by the time I hit the floor.  Fortunately the back of my head landed on the toe of my sister's hard leather boot instead of the harder concrete floor.  I was only out for a few seconds, but it took a while to recover afterwards.

The other two times happened at home; I have a scar on my septum from when I hit my face on the rim of the toilet bowl the second time, and I landed on my washing basket the third time, so I didn't have any injuries that time.  There have been times when I've suffered from frequent dizzy spells where I'll suddenly feel faint, my vision will darken and I'll struggle to keep my balance and remain upright for a few seconds; the dizzy spells would happen several times a week over the course of 3-6 months, and infrequently at other times.  They don't happen when I stand up from a sitting or lying position; they tend to occur when I'm already standing, often when I've been walking and come to a stop, but also at other times when I'm physically active.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2011, 03:38:12 AM »
Feeling OK-ish.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2011, 04:37:10 AM »
I've fainted 3 times.  The first time was when I was 16; I was in a shop with my mum and sister, I felt a pain in my stomach, got dizzy, my vision darkened and became blurred as I began to fall and I was unconscious by the time I hit the floor.  Fortunately the back of my head landed on the toe of my sister's hard leather boot instead of the harder concrete floor.  I was only out for a few seconds, but it took a while to recover afterwards.

The other two times happened at home; I have a scar on my septum from when I hit my face on the rim of the toilet bowl the second time, and I landed on my washing basket the third time, so I didn't have any injuries that time.  There have been times when I've suffered from frequent dizzy spells where I'll suddenly feel faint, my vision will darken and I'll struggle to keep my balance and remain upright for a few seconds; the dizzy spells would happen several times a week over the course of 3-6 months, and infrequently at other times.  They don't happen when I stand up from a sitting or lying position; they tend to occur when I'm already standing, often when I've been walking and come to a stop, but also at other times when I'm physically active.

Have you ever found out the reason for these fainting episodes?  ???

People forget.