Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169443 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #540 on: September 23, 2011, 06:52:16 AM »
I'm having a Strattera-induced headache accompanied by a loud ringing in my ears. I think I need to stop taking the med.

I was wondering about how long the effects were lasting, because I thought you had already stopped taking them.

I stopped taking Concerta because I had trouble breathing properly. Strattera I'm still taking.

You might have the same issue that I do; I get bad side effects to varying degrees from drugs that increase synaptic norepinephrine concentrations, including atomoxetine/Straterra (a pure norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor that gave me the worst side effects of any drug I've tried), venlafaxine (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor), mirtazapine (noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant that also inhibits norepinephrine transporters) and lofepramine (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor with a high binding affinity for norepinephrine transporters), plus caffeine, which indirectly stimulates the release of norepinephrine. 

I haven't tried methylphenidate/Concerta (a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor), but I think it might not agree with me terribly well either.  Dexamphetamine also functions partly as a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but it's binding affinity for norepinephrine transporters is low compared to it's binding affinity for dopamine transporters, and it causes very little in the way of side-effects for me.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #541 on: September 23, 2011, 10:05:26 AM »
Exhausted

Have a shower, and then hopefully a great sleep.

It's 10 AM and I am at work  :(

Binty

« Reply #542 on: September 23, 2011, 10:56:09 AM »
My tongue is burning (emo)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #543 on: September 23, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »
My tongue is burning (emo)

That's odd, any idea why?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #544 on: September 23, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »
Itchy.  The garden is swarming with midges and they've set up shop in my hair and inside Waggy's ears.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #545 on: September 23, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
I'm having a Strattera-induced headache accompanied by a loud ringing in my ears. I think I need to stop taking the med.

I was wondering about how long the effects were lasting, because I thought you had already stopped taking them.

I stopped taking Concerta because I had trouble breathing properly. Strattera I'm still taking.

You might have the same issue that I do; I get bad side effects to varying degrees from drugs that increase synaptic norepinephrine concentrations, including atomoxetine/Straterra (a pure norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor that gave me the worst side effects of any drug I've tried), venlafaxine (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor), mirtazapine (noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant that also inhibits norepinephrine transporters) and lofepramine (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor with a high binding affinity for norepinephrine transporters), plus caffeine, which indirectly stimulates the release of norepinephrine. 

I haven't tried methylphenidate/Concerta (a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor), but I think it might not agree with me terribly well either.  Dexamphetamine also functions partly as a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but it's binding affinity for norepinephrine transporters is low compared to it's binding affinity for dopamine transporters, and it causes very little in the way of side-effects for me.

Concerta was fab, esxcept for that one side effect. I felt alive and able to focus, and i had never known the difference, if that makes any sense.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #546 on: September 23, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »

Concerta was fab, esxcept for that one side effect. I felt alive and able to focus, and i had never known the difference, if that makes any sense.

Well, who needs to breathe when you can feel alive and able to focus instead?  Fair trade-off to me. >:D
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #547 on: September 23, 2011, 07:16:32 PM »

Well, who needs to breathe when you can feel alive and able to focus instead?  Fair trade-off to me. >:D

There was a difference between before and after, a wow kind of feeling that turned down the noise, but I'm not sure I consider it fair.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #548 on: September 23, 2011, 07:18:19 PM »

There was a difference between before and after, a wow kind of feeling that turned down the noise, but I'm not sure I consider it fair.

Whoops, I was being facetious.  I would imagine breathing troubles would be quite upsetting and certainly a reason to discontinue a drug.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #549 on: September 23, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
Itchy.  The garden is swarming with midges and they've set up shop in my hair and inside Waggy's ears.
Midgets in the garden are indeed a nuisance.  :thumbdn: We should set up Evacuation Centers for the little pricks and have them build Christmas toys to keep them busy and out of innocent peoples gardens. My own theory is they get bitter over being the first to smell a fart and it just goes down hill from there. Het werk is vrijheid.  :santa:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #550 on: September 23, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »

Whoops, I was being facetious.  I would imagine breathing troubles would be quite upsetting and certainly a reason to discontinue a drug.

They were, and I was absolutely terrified when my breathing grew laboured over a period of a few days, but at the same time the difference between what I was capable of before and after was not something I could ignore.

I've never tried drugs (beyond cigarettes and alcohol) so I don't know if  that's just a "high" but it didn't fit the description.

- Albert Einstein

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #551 on: September 24, 2011, 04:06:59 AM »
Feel sleepy despite taking 6 Dexamphetamine. Going to take another 3. Probably shouldn't but I have to study.

I feel the same way today; I just took dexamphetamine pills #7 and #8 and I'm hoping that I'll wake up enough to get some work done.
I ended up taking 13 dexamphetamine yesterday. Felt ok but still tired. Gone back to taking my regular amount today, otherwise I will run out before it is time to get another script filled.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #552 on: September 24, 2011, 04:37:41 AM »

Oopsypoopsy (um yes, turned gay overnight :laugh:), too much wine I drank last night.. feel.. numb, I reckon. Not hangovered, just very chill. Going to shower for an hour now and.. we'll see..

Oh, yeah.. painting/varnishing again after that. 
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #553 on: September 24, 2011, 04:50:52 AM »
Midgets in the garden are indeed a nuisance.  :thumbdn: We should set up Evacuation Centers for the little pricks and have them build Christmas toys to keep them busy and out of innocent peoples gardens. My own theory is they get bitter over being the first to smell a fart and it just goes down hill from there. Het werk is vrijheid.  :santa:

:evilplus:   for mean-spirited hilarity!  What language is that last line anyway?  :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #554 on: September 24, 2011, 05:05:41 AM »

:evilplus:   for mean-spirited hilarity!  What language is that last line anyway?  :rofl:
Dutch, from babel fish - work is freedom.