Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169711 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9900 on: May 31, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »
I'm glad you've spoken to your friend. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9901 on: June 01, 2017, 07:34:37 AM »
I'm glad you've spoken to your friend. :)
Me too. We have this weird intense connection where we know what's going on with the other person even if we live far apart. I know when she's having a bad day, I can sense it and she's the same with me. I don't like it when things are weird between us.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9902 on: June 01, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
  Better!  I noticed toward the end of the work day that my left knee was flexing more freely.
   I feel a little lighter on my feet.  I haven't taken any ibuprofen in almost 12 hours. 
   Losing 10 pounds helped.  Ortho appointment is in three weeks.  I hope to improve before then.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9903 on: June 02, 2017, 11:27:51 AM »
Anxious
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9904 on: June 09, 2017, 04:29:56 AM »
Still a bit nauseous. Felt really, really sick to my stomach last night, threw up what little I'd eaten, and today, have been relying on a combination of cyclizine (an antihistamine of the sedating type thats very good for nausea and vomiting) and ondansetron (a very, very effective antiemetic/antinauseant, usually reserved for chemo patients, because its ridiculously costly to the NHS, although I now have a script for it, and before that could get it on request for a script. Didn't get it easily, due to the cost but its one of the most effective antisickness drugs I've ever known, probably the most effective, and works a charm combined with the cyclizine. Allowed me to hold a sleeping pill down and get me some sleep until I felt somewhat better.

Somewhat better now, and have more antinausea and antireflux meds at hand if need them, and happier, now that the postie dropped off my package of sodium metal that I had been eagerly awaiting.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9905 on: June 09, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »
Very awake most likely will not sleep till after 2am
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9906 on: June 10, 2017, 09:46:29 AM »
Almost relaxed
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9907 on: June 10, 2017, 10:46:14 AM »
Very aware and thankful
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9908 on: June 13, 2017, 07:58:16 PM »
Rather pleased with myself, after spending a good few days working in the lab on one particular project, and spending both another full night and almost all the following day slowly distilling off the solvent in which my project was dissolved. Finally, nothing more coming over at just over the boiling point of the solvent, meticulously stripping it away and catching nearly a liter of methylene chloride in the receiving flask (the product is much higher boiling, a couple of hundred 'C at atmospheric pressure and needs to be vacuum distilled in order to avoid decomposition, so when stripping the solvent the product is left behind in the pot whilst the CH2Cl2 comes over into the receiving flask).

Been meticulously distilling, so as to have the solvent come over at a rate of a couple of drops every second to 1.5 seconds or so at no more than 55-60 degrees or so. What I was working on all stayed behind in the pot as desired, and looks fairly good, not quite clear yet, that'll take the distillation at reduced pressure using the venturi pump, but its a light, see-through golden color, like amber but considerably lighter. And after all the time taken to get it after as many as 9-10 steps, including the various purification and workup steps needed to prepare a catalyst I needed for the reaction to produce the intermediate, production of the intermediate via a rather nifty technique involving microwave irradiation, crystallize the compound, freeze it out of the mother liquors, subject to vacuum filtration, washing with first ice cold water, then with several portions of acid, and enough further portions of ice cold water to remove the acid (the acid washes were to remove the catalyst)  and return it to a neutral PH, more vacuum filtration and sucking the cleaned intermediate bone dry in a buchner funnel at the vacuum pump until dry as dust, light and fluffy.

Then a reduction and three-step purification, finally distilling off the solvent to leave the second intermediate.

To go, the very last of the intermediate steps, a vacuum distillation followed transforming that last product into another, penultimate intermediate compound, purifying it and finally arriving at my desired end by means of a reduction using a modified sodium metal-based reduction technique, with a wee adaptation of my own.

So, after all that work, I am rather pleased and satisfied with myself for all the effort I put in so far, to see my second-to-last intermediate product sitting there, gleaming prettily back at me, as if a newborn child, with just a little bit of further growing to do before its finally ready to say its first words, so to speak :)

What are you aware and thankful of my lovely?

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9909 on: June 13, 2017, 08:11:08 PM »
Hmmm....good question. I hate it when I vague post because now I don't remember :laugh: But I can't give specifics because of my ex following me around the web. :P Tonight I'm pissed off. A douche will always act like a douche.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9910 on: June 13, 2017, 09:16:57 PM »
Cautiously optimistic that PA's succession will be starting soon
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9911 on: June 13, 2017, 10:09:55 PM »
Understandable. And if I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times. He needs to die slowly and horribly. And a douche? I wouldn't call him that. Douches are for going up cunts. HE on the other hand is simply up himself. And he isn't a cunt. Cunts, are warm, deep and of conceivable use to humanity. That ambulant mitotic catastrophe made malformed flesh is nothing of the kind, just a pathetic, spineless, gutter-slithering gobbet of festering, stinking, chunky diarrhea unfit to so pollute the air you breath by so much as speaking your name and sullying it by such association therewith. Cancer wouldn't shit on his whore of a mother. Who really, really should either have kept her legs superglued the fuck shut, or got up there with a coathanger.

If ever there was a poster-boy (and boy he is, boy he will always be, for 'man' isn't a title he is or ever will be worthy of claiming) for post-natal abortion, he is it. He's the kind of sloppy diseased pus-dribbling turd that actually manages to make stamping on the head of a newborn baby not only justifiable, but downright manda-fucking-well-tory. I'd not piss down his throat if his eyeballs were on fire. (although just as long as it wouldn't be putting his burning, screaming, skinless dying sack of worthless meat out, I'd gladly piss down his throat first and set him on fire afterwards:))

I'm just so thankful that you got shot of It finally, because a wonderful woman such as your good self deserves so, SO much better misskitty. Any guy would be a truly lucky son of a bitch to have a lady like you at his side.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #9912 on: June 14, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »
A bit shit, but that's nothing new.  :dunno:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9913 on: June 15, 2017, 12:34:59 PM »
Dead tired.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9914 on: June 15, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!