Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 171345 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9660 on: March 20, 2017, 01:21:01 AM »
A bit tired but coffee helps.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9661 on: March 20, 2017, 08:02:40 AM »
Overloaded and irked. Looks like its one of them days ey no folks? Now I've got to clean up the entire kitchen because one of my condenser coolant lines came loose during a vac distillation and water shot out, drained the reservoir in a second or two all over the damned floor.

That's a fair bit worse than the spilled frappuccino I had to wipe off the bottom of the cooler at work.  :-\

FRAPPUCCINO. :roar:
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9662 on: March 20, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »
Yuck. I only like black coffee. Milk or worse still, creamer, filthy abominations when used to pollute otherwise proper coffee, and instant is a sin against nature.

Got my med refill today, and feeling much better. Ended up taking a moggy and that cancelled any stress, took that early morning and slept like a log for quite some time. Just taking an evening dose, although not something I'm taking regularly, just accepting the scripts for them so they are there when I do need them and don't need therefore, already having them to place myself at the hope of the hand of mercy from a GP.

Also, pantoprazole for my stomach, pramipexole, a dopamine agonist, and clonidine are about to be had. Will help me destress. And there is always the option of some of the bottle of raspberry  absolut vodka standing upon the desk with a (now empty) mug beside me.

Time for a rollup too for that matter. And I've been feeling, today at least, far less frazzled, especially now having adequate pain meds and not having to wait until tomorrow etc. for a refilled script. Although my tongue is irritated. I used one of those cheap e-cig disposables yesterday and where I had it in my mouth, today my tongue had one of the taste-bud bearing pappilae inflamed and sore, to the extent I had to cut it out using wirecutters and a mirror. Feels a lot better after slicing it out, don't know why, but occasionally even before e-fags were common I occasionally developed one or two isolated inflamed, irritated painful tastebud clumps on my tongue even when young, and cutting them out was the only thing that helped because they are otherwise sore if I get one and IRRITATING like fury, and either using wirecutters or managing to bite down onto it, get a firm grip then rapidly retracting my tongue into my mouth to rip it out is the only thing that helped. Other than wait ages for the infernal irritation to cease.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9663 on: March 20, 2017, 03:56:35 PM »
Strawberry milkshakes from fastfood restaurants like Mc Donalds or Burger King, are the best drink.

Still, I like prosecco and fruity cocktails. And coffee!!

:worship:   
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:02:11 PM by justcurious »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9664 on: March 20, 2017, 04:06:28 PM »
I'm really not fond of synthetic strawberry anything, milkshakes its my least-favourite flavour. I like the chocolate and banana ones best. Better still mixed together if I can talk the mcjob employees into doing it and they don't just whine about the effort.

I wish they still did rootbeer like they used to when I was a kid, I fucking loved that stuff. Christ i'm craving rootbeer so badly now. I haven't had it in years. I am going to go right on to the search engines online and find somewhere to buy some from in fact. Even though that'll have to come out of my chemical and lab glass budget. But I do have about a half grand in the  chemistry/biology/physics pot. Posssibly now as much as 3/4 K in the lab budget for this two weeks, saved up. Going to treat myself and doubtless end up experimenting and synthing like mad for quite a long time after and again without doubt, ending up staying up all day and all night for day/nights on end getting a day or two sleep a week. Three if I'm lucky and end up taking sedatives for downtime a couple of times :P

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9665 on: March 20, 2017, 04:12:22 PM »
I miss those salty liquorice McFlurries. You can only buy the sprinkles/topping in Sweden.

I tasted root beer once, I found it strange.

It can't do you much good to stay up for so long. :(

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9666 on: March 20, 2017, 05:59:33 PM »
@ Lestat "I wish they still did rootbeer like they used to when I was a kid..." 

Welcome to being old.  Nothing tastes like it did when you were younger.  I loved bubble gum (Double Bubble brand in the U.S.)  Tried it off and on for years trying to recapture the taste.  Nada, zip, yawn.  Accidentally tried Trident Sugarless Bubble Gum.  Eureka.

I really believe that taste buds change over a lifetime as do memories of youth.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9667 on: March 20, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »
I'm convinced that taste buds change over time. Mine have. Things I wouldn't touch when I was little, like yogurt and mushrooms, are delicious now. I'm convinced they get less sensitive. It might also be related to the balance of nutrients in the body, because when I was young, my mother constantly fed us milk with every meal, so I probably had plenty of calcium. As an adult, there have been times when I ended up with low enough calcium that my nails got weak, due to different drinking habits. Now I've been using the yogurt to try and get enough.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9668 on: March 21, 2017, 12:33:11 AM »
Mushrooms. Yuck. I've never ever liked them.  :zombiefuck:

Ridiculously tired after a looooooong night.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9669 on: March 21, 2017, 03:08:14 AM »
Mmmmmmmmhhhmmmm....muuussshhhroomsssss''''*slaver slaver*

Don't like the bog stadard table Agaricus that you can get at any grocer or  supermarket, they are minging.

I love to go out mushroom hunting, been doing it since i was little (about 3yo).

Favourites are giant puffball (Langermannia gigantea), sulfur polypore/chicken of the woods (Polyporus sulfureus), hedgehog fungi (Hydnum spp. mostly H.repandum and H.rufescens), parasol mushroom (Macrolepiota procera), quite a few different boletes, especially Suillus luteus (slippery jack) and S.grevillei (one of the larch boletes). LOVE meadow waxcaps, scarlet hood waxcaps (Camaralophyllus preatensis and Hygrocybe punicea, crimson waxcaps, forget the binomial now. And for a real treat, Lactarius deliciosus, the saffron milk-cap (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactarius_deliciosus) which are, as the name suggests, delicious. Roasted, fried in butter, battered and fried, grilled with mozzarella and pepper and chilli sauce...oh me oh my, doesn't get much better than that, served with a frosty mug of cold bottled good beer and a juicy steak.

Also, I use two mushrooms extensively as cooking spices, fly agaric (Amanita muscaria, this needs special preparation to detoxify it before consumption or use as a psychotropic or herbal medicine but not hard, mainly long, low heat-curing in an oven with the door propped open, taking the caps only, since the stems aren't worth crap, overnight at least, or longer, until crispy dry but not losing their original bright color, its my secret ingredient for cooking chilli con carne, steaks, sausages, lamb, curries, all kinds of meat dishes) and peppery bolete (CHalciporus piperatus, found with fly agaric, upon the mycelial network of which it is parasitic) a fiery little bolete with a delayed but quite punchy fiery kick to it. Takes a moment of eating then begins to grow on you until its got quite a tongue roaster of a burn. It too is one of my spice rack arsenal favourites.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9670 on: March 21, 2017, 04:55:08 AM »
I'm convinced that taste buds change over time. Mine have. Things I wouldn't touch when I was little, like yogurt and mushrooms, are delicious now. I'm convinced they get less sensitive. It might also be related to the balance of nutrients in the body, because when I was young, my mother constantly fed us milk with every meal, so I probably had plenty of calcium. As an adult, there have been times when I ended up with low enough calcium that my nails got weak, due to different drinking habits. Now I've been using the yogurt to try and get enough.

From what I've read, you're right about taste buds.  It's why children who hate bitter foods like
   broccoli often find those flavors less offensive in adulthood ... they've become less sensitive.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9671 on: March 21, 2017, 05:16:01 AM »
I've always found the texture and taste of veg offensive in the extreme.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9672 on: March 21, 2017, 10:25:05 PM »
Itchy and sore and will hit any unlucky SOB that dares come near.

<pokes Pyraxis in the back, runs.>
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9673 on: March 21, 2017, 10:29:55 PM »
*whirls around and chases after you* You better hope you can still sprint, old man.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9674 on: March 22, 2017, 12:32:56 AM »
It's morning.

- Albert Einstein