Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 170332 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9570 on: January 30, 2017, 09:03:37 PM »
I did some very dark poetry from Robert E. Howard and HP Lovecraft at a poetry open mike night.....it was very cathartic.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9571 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »
Still running a fever. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9572 on: January 30, 2017, 11:57:00 PM »
Got up, woke kid, made my bed, fed cats, put the kettle on.Now have been overtaken by a cat. Should be laying the table for breakfast though.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9573 on: January 31, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »
More fever.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9574 on: January 31, 2017, 01:54:15 PM »
Hope you feel better soon odeon.  :P

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9575 on: January 31, 2017, 08:05:18 PM »
Seriously, hope you conquer this thing.  Get well soon. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9576 on: February 01, 2017, 01:28:28 AM »
Pleased. Just got £13.50 free in John Lewis vouchers. Glad I woke up early before the offers were snatched up, it's unusual to get such a discount.
:dog:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9577 on: February 01, 2017, 08:20:03 AM »
Rushed.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9578 on: February 01, 2017, 10:45:42 AM »
Fever seems to be breaking, finally. Hoping for the best.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9579 on: February 01, 2017, 02:52:46 PM »
Lovecraft is one of my favourite authors. One of the best I've ever read. Big fan. As my avatar probably shows quite clearly :P

And feeling much better than I was. Had been feeling really overloaded and overstimulated in the physical sense, like my adrenal glands had just been run over by a truck.

Now I have the issue with some of my meds sorted, at least for this week and hopefully won't need to chase anything up next week. That, 40-50mg oxycodone, my evening dose of chlormethiazole and now sitting back with a rollup and a mug of cold coke with the juice of a fresh lime squeezed in, the lime chopped into bits, and its been steeping all day. Now nice and frosty, ready to drink.

And beginning to cool down a little now. I was feeling way too hot, I left the little portable plug-in water heated radiator on full whack, and then one of the meds I'm on being a strong sedative, well two, both of which  I needed fixing, plus the oxy, I ended up falling asleep, still in my leather jacket, with the heater on full whack in a tiny little room that is very, very well insulated due to the soundproofing.

Plus the nasty stink of butyric acid has finally stopped following me around. Its the theresa may of the chemical world. A foul stink that won't go away and for all the world is likely if present to make people around the area think a room full of people all threw up at once. Was still catching the occasional faint hint of it here and there, but I think its gone now. At least, its gone enough that I can't detect the eau de stomach contents odor of the stuff. I hate it. Not by a long shot the worst thing I've ever smelled but its certainly earned its place as one of the more unpleasant chemical stenches. Especially for the way it hangs around and follows you like some kind of vomit-saturated jehovah's witness (well, come to think of it, is there any other kind?:P)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9580 on: February 01, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »
^ You've probably just got used to the smell. I was waiting in a queue for taxis, it was my turn and I got in one. The driver asked me in a friendly way, "So, where are you off to?". The smell of puke filled the car. Me: "Uhhhh", I opened the door and got straight out.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9581 on: February 01, 2017, 04:06:28 PM »
No, I think its gone. I can still smell it in the specific area where n-butyric anhydride was used a couple of times for different things within the last few days, but not here and now, in an outbuilding, or when going from the stink-zone through fresh air to the outbuilding.

I think any traces ON me (of the diluted acid, I'd have known about it had I got the anhydride on myself, although to that end I wear long, elbow-length butyl rubber gloves, and where needed, sometimes two pairs, one over the other, with duct tape sealing the gap between labcoat (I favour an old, old leather trench that is too worn and tatty to wear as a general purpose coat, but unlike cotton labcoats, things both have greater difficulty soaking into the leather, and its also thick, so anything corrosive would have to burn through it, before got to my double-layer of gloves.

Sometimes, I'll wear one pair on my hands, put the coat on, and sandwich the other set of gloves over that, to give an additional layer of protection, if working with anything I REALLY would not want contacting my skin and/or burning it off. And especially with things of that nature that give off nasty, highly corrosive fumes/vapor. So if one glove goes and/or gets burnt through, or ends up with a nick in it (not a bad practice to pre-cut a few lengths of duct tape for some things in case of emergencies. Whilst of course I do not have anything to do with such myself, thats a tip I picked up off reading of the practices of those virologists who work with the nastiest of the nasty members of the bad actors, so that if they suffer the slightest nick in their gloves, they can straight away slap a piece of tape over the damaged  area and seal the penetrated area of the outer glove)

Makes sense for those who work with deadly pathogens for which there is no cure, such as the human-lethal filoviruses (marburg, and [barring the airborne Reston strain of ebolavirus, which is,somewhat surpising), and I see no good reason not to adopt the same practice for chemistry experiments involving particularly dangerous substances, especially those that have carcinogenic/and-or/mutagenic properties. Which needless to say, I would rather avoid coming into contact with, even despite all precautions, not that I am by far the worlds most talented chemist/biologis, even the best of the most careful can still have accidents, some with awful consequences.

As the saying here goes 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9582 on: February 01, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »
^ I'd still love to see your lab, it sounds awesome.

It sounds like you take a lot of care.

You might make a big discovery one day. :)

My head is in an odd place, forgive me if I'm not coming out with words very well.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9583 on: February 01, 2017, 04:25:12 PM »
I tend to keep mine on the upper end of my neck:autism:

I do plan on doing some demos of interesting things. Just need to buy some spare gas tanks for my blowtorch before I do the first one I have in mind.

I will have to do it in sections though due to size constraints on the memory card of my camera, since I haven't got a proper camcorder, but my digital camera can take videos. Seems like one doesn't get a really long time though as regards clip size.

Anyone have any suggestions for splicing clips together so I can try recording my first one in multiple parts then join them together to make the full video demos?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9584 on: February 01, 2017, 05:36:44 PM »
Septic line is finally fixed.

I am $2,000 poorer, and my driveway is a mud hole...but I can flush my commode without worry and wash clothes now. 

Woo Fucking Hoo.  :zombiefuck: