Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 171783 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9525 on: January 21, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
Rejected, again.

I feel...I gotta concentrate on myself. Not gonna bore people with details just cos...everyone will be hanging from a rope, like in that Airplane film where that man depresses that old lady. It wouldn't do for me to push people that far. Just gotta acknowledge the feelings.
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9526 on: January 21, 2017, 03:06:51 PM »
There we go:

:dog:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9527 on: January 21, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »
  You are a geekmeister!  :
:laugh: Boss says I think outside the box, but really only create better boxes to think in.

I think that's the definition of thinking outside the box. :)
Is it really, though? Sort of like saying someone marches to the beat of their own drum; sure it's something different but they're still marching to a drum.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9528 on: January 22, 2017, 02:11:47 AM »
  You are a geekmeister!  :
:laugh: Boss says I think outside the box, but really only create better boxes to think in.

I think that's the definition of thinking outside the box. :)
Is it really, though? Sort of like saying someone marches to the beat of their own drum; sure it's something different but they're still marching to a drum.

Maybe not really, but I'd say close enough. The point is, there is no box.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9529 on: January 24, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »
Like crap. In an ongoing panickattack. It's coming in waves. I'm afraid of losing my marbles for a while. Can't afford that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9530 on: January 24, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »
Would hugs help?

:hug: <-- Schrödinger's hug
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9531 on: January 24, 2017, 11:32:33 PM »
Thank you. :laugh:

I did fall asleep somewhere, exhausted. Slept for two hours. Feeling a bit calmer, for now.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9532 on: January 25, 2017, 05:28:47 AM »
Thank you. :laugh:

I did fall asleep somewhere, exhausted. Slept for two hours. Feeling a bit calmer, for now.

Sleep is a healer.  I hope the calm continues.  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9533 on: January 25, 2017, 05:38:02 AM »
Hope you feel better now hyke *hugs*

And thats not schroedinger's hug, that looks more like a weak covalent hug to me. Or given the apparent ease of dissociation, perhaps a Van der Waals hug.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9534 on: January 25, 2017, 05:58:38 AM »
I like van der Waals. Knew a grandson of him. Awesome man.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9535 on: January 25, 2017, 07:04:25 PM »
And thats not schroedinger's hug, that looks more like a weak covalent hug to me.

Clearly we are lacking in icons.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9536 on: January 25, 2017, 07:13:41 PM »
And thats not schroedinger's hug, that looks more like a weak covalent hug to me.

(:( 

:):
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:15:43 PM by Jack »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9537 on: January 26, 2017, 03:11:02 AM »
A radical hug (no.2)

(think the hug version of a carbene or nitrene etc.) Probably formed from high-energy dissolution of a narcissist or borderline with the application of physical force such as electrolysis using a handheld pair of forks as electrodes and the house mains, rectified to DC, or a really hard slap. Probably dimerizes straight away, reforming the parent species because nothing else would willingly form a bond in any other manner than as a transient intermediate. Highly toxic.

Then theres the covalent schizophrenic hug ((:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9538 on: January 26, 2017, 03:13:43 AM »
Oh really hyke? small world, as they say.

Ever seen (or on TV) the likes of geckos running straight up smooth surfaces like glass?

That apparently is due to their feet having a microstructure of ridges or plates, covered in tiny tiny hairs, to maximize the surface area, and allow them to use the usually weak van der Waals bonding between the surface of the foot and whatever it is they are running up to keep them in place. You can get tape, now I think that works the same way, without adhesive on it, that can be peeled off and reused several times at least, until it loses sufficient of the artificial setae (the miniscule hairlike attractive protrusions)

And seemingly its self-cleaning too, because there are only a handful of setae that bond to any one dirt particle due to spatial constraints, which result in the energy barrier for dissociation from the hair tips being greater than that anchoring the dirt, dust etc. upon the surface. Didn't realize, but seemingly now we are even managing through the use of nanotech to make something similar which will stick to teflon, which is otherwise very, very difficult to make anything attach to, other than by means of brute-force, such as interlocking separate structures, like a pair of chain-links etc. or screw threads. I use teflon stopcocks for things like separatory funnels, which have a screw thread, nut and washer on the other side to lock them in place with tension, so as to be able to separate more or less anything that the glass will tolerate, and its damn near impossible to stick anything to them, which means they are great when it comes to cleaning the things. And for heping to keep air out of things like alkali metals stored dry, in just plastic packets without oil, at least until you need to open and use the packet. I just store the packs in glass jars after displacing the air with argon, and with a mixture of a dessicant outside the plastic bags but within the jars and some magnesium powder to absorb any oxygen, or some other sacrificial oxygen absorbent like iron powder to remove the last traces of O2 and H2O.

And then wrap a little teflon plumbing tape round the screw threads, and the jars are still easy to open but for example, so far, I've had what would doubtless be a slowly air-permeable plastic bag, heat-sealed, in a container like that containing lithium metal, in the form of square panels about just under 4mm thick and it hasn't oxidized visibly in months and months of storage, a lot less messy than storage under oil or high-boiling petroleum distillate-type solvents. In comparison, a piece of sodium-calcium alloy under naphtha produced by electrolysis DOES look less shiny, and with traces of hydroxides or oxide/peroxide/superoxide or whatever it is on the surface, when using a jar with just a rubberized seal and a plug type stopper (my grandmother's spice rack at one point, since the spices were old and my father wasn't going to be using them, I comandeered the rack and bottles for reagent storage, and the alkali metal/calcium alloy (Ca metal isn't violently reactive, on its own, but it does rapidly oxidize in air and should be stored under inert atmosphere or under oil/high boiling petroleum spirit or similar inert solvent, and it bubbles away to nothing, well, to Ca(OH)2, slaked lime, in H2O with hydrogen release, a lot faster than magnesium does in solid form, but I've never actually seen it catch fire in water.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_setae Thats how the geckos do it, and how we are improving on the original.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:43:13 AM by Lestat »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9539 on: January 26, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »

Yes, we have too few of them. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein