Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 168692 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9495 on: January 16, 2017, 03:00:31 PM »
Rejected.

:hug:

I feel bored and stuck.  I need to get out of the rut.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9496 on: January 16, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
^ Thank you. I don't understand attraction, and I'm talking my own feelings. Though, I think I just unintentionally ripped someone's heart out.
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9497 on: January 16, 2017, 03:34:17 PM »
I have a headache.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9498 on: January 16, 2017, 08:33:04 PM »
Much better, at least for now.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9499 on: January 16, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »
Right now I feel okay.  But I don't know what you call a gin and lemonade.  Probably "stupid mistake" next morning.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9500 on: January 16, 2017, 11:14:37 PM »
Right now I feel okay.  But I don't know what you call a gin and lemonade.  Probably "stupid mistake" next morning.

A flat Tom Collins?  :dunno: I say call it Gimonade.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9501 on: January 17, 2017, 05:56:22 AM »

*wobbles into the room the next day :cbc: :tea:   with the hangover helper!*

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9502 on: January 17, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »
Stupid because I thought today was Wednesday, not Tuesday.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9503 on: January 17, 2017, 08:39:59 AM »
Easy enough mistake to make ren, and your far from stupid from what I can tell.

As for me...semi-content. A little overstimulated.

Just railed a big pile of oxycodone HCl, unweighed but probably about 0.7-1.2g and am feeling less overloaded. Going to finish my rollup and then go take my antiseizure meds as I think that might be why, considering the stuff is a sedative-hypnotic as well. Well its more of that than it is an anticonvulsant, it just happens that most of the latter are also the former, and this one works particularly well for me personally as far as seizure control goes, and especially well for when one is actually beginning to happen and needs to be stamped on before it gets nasty. Well, I say gets nasty, they aren't anything else, they always suck ass.

But timewise, my last dose is probably wearing pretty thin on the ground right about now, so time for another, after I finish my smoke. And I still need to take todays early dose of morphine. And more stuff to keep my adrenergic output shut the fuck up. So not terribly surprising.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9504 on: January 17, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »
I have a headache.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9505 on: January 18, 2017, 05:33:34 AM »
Fingers are aching a fair bit. Just finished first stenciling using a pencil to mark and shallowly incise the design for the necklace I'm doing for the social worker lass I have an appt with later for an xmas gift done as soon as I could manage it, as a negative mold made from compressed casting sand, designed a quick, disposable cutting tool that worked perfectly for quite accurate (deep cuts to 1.5mm or so) carving, then followed it round with the cutting tool, which I knocked up from a short piece of guitar fretwire, using my bench grinder to work it into a double-ended blade with a bit of melted solder for a handle. One with a more rounded point, the other with a curved edged sharp blade, like a scalpel in shape, but so as not to have to blunt my actual surgical scalpel blades. Time to see if I can rehydrate the silver-polymer matrix into a putty consistency again. If not, I'll just smelt it with the torch and pour the molten silver. I have some silver ingots too somewhere that I can use if there isn't enough metal to fill the mold.

Got a chain too, although one link broken, its very fine, so I think I should be able to spot-weld it with an electric arc.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9506 on: January 18, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »
She now knows she's getting something, with the vaguest of ideas of what (metalworking/silversmithing was as much as I would let on), had to leave for the appt though before I could finish it, and in any case, the torch picked now to run out of gas. But the mould is filled and there are spare ingots of silver ready to be ladled in to fill the capacity left behind due to shrinkage, since with this polymer binding trick, you do get a bit of shrinkage due to the space taken up by the binder. But that just means I'll be there ready and waiting, keeping the heat on so the mold doesn't crack through thermal shock, keeping it blazing hot and standing by with a DIY-ed ladle, held in some long pliers, holding some additional molten silver to pour in and fill up the space taken. Did carve a bit of additional space too to account for losses, rather do over than under, that way I can take out a set of precision files to shape it exactly, smoothe off any imperfections with progressively finer grades of sandpaper, until its ready for electroplating in a PdCl2 solution (palladium chloride) Although I am contemplating a different approach, and using iridium tribromide instead. Because iridium metal is INCREDIBLY resistant to, well, pretty much everything short of an atom bomb:P

An acetylene torch won't melt it in the solid state, although as a plating that would melt the metal inside, not sure as such a thin surface layer would hold its shape, its incredibly resistant to chemical attack, and does not tarnish. It takes either fused molten cyanides, or molten caustic alkali metal hydroxides as fused melts to attack the stuff, second-highest melting point of any element IIRC,  and it is VERY hard. Trying to file it after would doubtless just destroy the file, if it were anything but a diamond abrasive. But iridium metal also has another attraction than durability, whilst palladium is bright, with a warm, slightly golden and good looking (just like the lady its intended for :P) color,, iridium also has a subtle, darker play of blue-grey-greenish iridescence to it in the right angles. Wouldn't come cheap, but I wouldn't mind buying a gram or two of IrBr3 or IrCl3, and using the rest for experimenting with iridium-based hydrogenation catalysts, and using it for plating onto other metals to serve as electrodes when electrolysing otherwise virulently corrosive materials. as well as plating onto crucibles for similar reasons, when the melt inside is going to be a pretty nasty customer to the container without a resistant layer on it. Solid Ir crucibles are available, but they do not come cheap at all.

But the indended recipient of this little, hopefully pretty, piece of jewellery, isn't going to know I paid anything of the sort or she'd go nuts at me probably :P

All in all, though I think that a relatively minor sin, compared to many I've comitted, am comitting, am going tol commit, enjoy comitting and have mentally noted down for comission in the future.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:31:10 AM by Lestat »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9507 on: January 18, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »
Stressed. Headache.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9508 on: January 18, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »
  Old and slightly melancholy, not entirely in a bad way.  (emo)

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9509 on: January 19, 2017, 01:29:34 AM »
Headachey.

- Albert Einstein