Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 171255 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9150 on: October 06, 2016, 04:41:48 AM »
Whilst I do not myself know if there is a direct physiological thing there going on, you hit the nail right smack bang on the head. Right between the eyes, if nails had eyes.

I've always felt like it (classical, all that manufactured, shallow fecking shyte. Pop, that awful manufactured auditory pollution. Devoid of depth and little more than a commercialized receptacle for verbal defaecation. Styxdamned festering speech-toilet needs a good, hard, thorough depleted uranium flush.

That kind of music, and classical music, I.e orchestral crap, all make me feel like my skin is made of sandpaper, facing inwards, rusty sandpaper, to grate against my nervous system, as if hearing it is.....its like nails down a blackboard and actually triggers a fight or flight response (although controllable in its extent, it nevertheless really sets me on edge and makes me want to get the fuck out of dodge.)

*Lestat squeezes 'raxis*

I'm feeling sleepy, very sleepy. Not tired, just sleepy. Muscle relaxer, antiseizure med and painkillers are all conspiring to make my eyes droop and my attention payed to the videogame being played currently, wander off, and me start drifting off into a series of mental flights of fancy. If that makes sense.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9151 on: October 06, 2016, 07:46:16 AM »
Hmm, i fear we're being assimilated, Pyraxis, and merging into a single nebulous entity in the the fog of Lestat's many-tentacled consciousness.

Irritated, tired.

I might be sympathetic, but it's probably too late.
Here's hoping you feel some other way by now.

-Walkie :)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9152 on: October 06, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
Nooooooooo! I must escape!

I'm no longer irritated but still tired. Halfway there?  :viking:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #9153 on: October 06, 2016, 06:30:59 PM »
Not sure. Tired; fuzzy round the edges thanks to a heavy head cold and three bottles of Batemans Mocha Beer; cautiously optimistic; a bit overwhelmed. All at once. Much happening at the moment, some good,some currently stressful. I should really try to sleep since I have to be up for work in five hours.  :GA:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9154 on: October 06, 2016, 08:15:19 PM »
Not sure. Tired; fuzzy round the edges thanks to a heavy head cold and three bottles of Batemans Mocha Beer; cautiously optimistic; a bit overwhelmed. All at once. Much happening at the moment, some good,some currently stressful. I should really try to sleep since I have to be up for work in five hours.  :GA:
Does beer help a cold?

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9155 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »
Only in the sense of relaxation and fighting thirst.

I'd reccomend more in the way of a spirit, in small measures before bed, or if one is feeling shivery and miserable, to warm one's cockles. *not one's cock however, dipping that in spirit is probably not a good idea:P)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #9156 on: October 06, 2016, 10:59:55 PM »
Sore and achey.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9157 on: October 07, 2016, 01:59:24 AM »
Only in the sense of relaxation and fighting thirst.

I'd reccomend more in the way of a spirit, in small measures before bed, or if one is feeling shivery and miserable, to warm one's cockles. *not one's cock however, dipping that in spirit is probably not a good idea:P)
Alcohol actually lowers body temperature, despite what it feels like at first. ;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9158 on: October 07, 2016, 05:02:55 AM »
Pissed off.  We (son and I , since he's pretty much resident ATM )are expecting a house guest to arrive roundabout midnight tonight (in just over 12 hours) , and our efforts to clean, tidy etc have been  stymied by recurring disaster, beginning with Walkie being far too ill for far too long , such that my part of the house got progressively worse until a few days back.  We were getting there slowly, but day before yeasteday, we lost power in every damned electrical socket at a time when my rental agency was closed. To make things more difficult, both mobiles were running out of charge, and we no longer have a landline. So calling them at all presented another fun diversion.  What's more  I was just about  to confirm my online grocery order (to be deliverered following day) when this happened. I shan't bore you with the details of how I more-or-less resolved this, eventually.

Yesterday, the antiquated  bank  of electical sockets which had caused the problem  was replaced by an electrician. However, my washing machine is now dead (presumably due to power surge). Found that out last night when I walked in to find son kneeling by the bath . "Oh!. you're cleaning the bath! " I exclaimed, very pleasantly surprised (having long-ago got bored silly  with ineffectually reminding him that's supposed to be his job). No he wasn't, was he? He was trying to work through his huge backlog of laundry.Meantime, we have almost run out of clean towels. i suspect that the towels are nearly all in son's room, at bottom of the heap of aforementioned backlog.

Don't expect many posts from me today :(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:05:32 AM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9159 on: October 07, 2016, 05:09:35 AM »
  I'm sorry to hear that, Walkie.  What a pain in the ass!  :thumbdn:

I feel pretty good at the moment.  Going to work soon with my friends.  We'll kick ass! :pirate:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9160 on: October 07, 2016, 07:11:23 AM »
 :roar:  :kapow:

It's been one of those mornings so far.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9161 on: October 07, 2016, 09:10:24 AM »
Pissed off.  We (son and I , since he's pretty much resident ATM )are expecting a house guest to arrive roundabout midnight tonight (in just over 12 hours) , and our efforts to clean, tidy etc have been  stymied by recurring disaster, beginning with Walkie being far too ill for far too long , such that my part of the house got progressively worse until a few days back.  We were getting there slowly, but day before yeasteday, we lost power in every damned electrical socket at a time when my rental agency was closed. To make things more difficult, both mobiles were running out of charge, and we no longer have a landline. So calling them at all presented another fun diversion.  What's more  I was just about  to confirm my online grocery order (to be deliverered following day) when this happened. I shan't bore you with the details of how I more-or-less resolved this, eventually.

Yesterday, the antiquated  bank  of electical sockets which had caused the problem  was replaced by an electrician. However, my washing machine is now dead (presumably due to power surge). Found that out last night when I walked in to find son kneeling by the bath . "Oh!. you're cleaning the bath! " I exclaimed, very pleasantly surprised (having long-ago got bored silly  with ineffectually reminding him that's supposed to be his job). No he wasn't, was he? He was trying to work through his huge backlog of laundry.Meantime, we have almost run out of clean towels. i suspect that the towels are nearly all in son's room, at bottom of the heap of aforementioned backlog.

Don't expect many posts from me today :(

Sounds like my daughter's room.  Done with clothes, throw it on the floor, etc.   ::)  The only time she will pick it up is when I announce "laundry day".   ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9162 on: October 07, 2016, 09:30:49 AM »
Tired after a long week.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9163 on: October 07, 2016, 05:50:15 PM »
Better.

Actually stumbled upon someone's blog post that totally made my day.  8)

Just someone's childhood memories from about 40 some years ago.

She is the kid on the right...the brat playing on the mechanic's creeper on the left is me.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9164 on: October 07, 2016, 06:11:00 PM »
That's awesome.