Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169196 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9135 on: October 04, 2016, 08:34:59 AM »
Frustrated. And not unpissed off.

I want my chemicals damnation take it, I want my f*****g stuff, where the blazing perdition IS. MY. SHIPMENT. I paid for it. I want it and I want it last week.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9136 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53:28 AM »
Frustrated. And not unpissed off.

I want my chemicals damnation take it, I want my f*****g stuff, where the blazing perdition IS. MY. SHIPMENT. I paid for it. I want it and I want it last week.

I don't suppose that listening to some soothing music would help, would it?   :hide:

(yep, that's a joke). 

i hear ya.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #9137 on: October 04, 2016, 09:49:37 AM »
Blurry vision all morning making it hard to work.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9138 on: October 04, 2016, 01:45:21 PM »
Good. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9139 on: October 04, 2016, 05:17:38 PM »
What do you mean by 'soothing music'.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9140 on: October 04, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »
Stressed, exhausted.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9141 on: October 05, 2016, 05:00:36 AM »
Blurry vision all morning making it hard to work.

Is this usual for you?  Do you know why it's blurry?  :-\
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9142 on: October 05, 2016, 05:02:09 AM »
  Cooler outdoor air + fan for hot flashes ---> heeeeeeeeere comes the phlegm.  :sick:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9143 on: October 05, 2016, 05:30:14 AM »
What do you mean by 'soothing music'.

seriously? heck , i just spent 10-15  minutes contemplating that (which is what my spazz brain automatically does with any unexpected question)
the vague thought in my mind when i said it was "somewhere upwind of death metal"
but then you might say that death metal is cathartic, hence untimately soothing, and then what could i do but agree with that logic?
should i suggest a few thingsrthat i find soothing? hell no. tastes are too individual, and what i find soothing, you might find annoying to the point  that you need a  burst of something carthatic to get rid of the nasty aftertaste.

good enough answer?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9144 on: October 05, 2016, 05:51:30 AM »
I don't know quite what you mean by upwind of. But yes I do. Well not so much death metal (like slipknot) but bands like mudvayne, and doom metal, industrial metal and doomy stuff.

I was just hoping you'd not have me be subjected to the likes of 'soothing' classical music. People have tried that before in meatspace, or R&B, and I just couldn't BEAR it, I have to leave the room if that stuff has to be played by others at any gathering I've been in. Its like someone first giving my brain and spinal cord a covering of skin, in order to lightly rub wool over it, and rub the coarse grain of wooden ice lolly sticks and the wooden spoons used for baking over my mental fingernails. And I NEED to go rock back and forth, or stand and spin and twirl in place, and hand-flap as though tomorrow I become an amputee at the wrists, with neither hands to flap nor fingers to flick and click. For that kind of music, and soft rock'n'roll, I must have some good doom, to soothe my fraying nervous system.

After a toxic exposure of that nature, harsh industrial metal, and even better, doom, as well as some, but not all death metal (I especially like a band called 'Kittie'), its like balm to the burns inflicted by such a nasty corrosive exposure..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:54:33 AM by Lestat »

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9145 on: October 05, 2016, 07:45:41 AM »
I don't know quite what you mean by upwind of. But yes I do. Well not so much death metal (like slipknot) but bands like mudvayne, and doom metal, industrial metal and doomy stuff.

I was just hoping you'd not have me be subjected to the likes of 'soothing' classical music. People have tried that before in meatspace, or R&B, and I just couldn't BEAR it, I have to leave the room if that stuff has to be played by others at any gathering I've been in. Its like someone first giving my brain and spinal cord a covering of skin, in order to lightly rub wool over it, and rub the coarse grain of wooden ice lolly sticks and the wooden spoons used for baking over my mental fingernails. And I NEED to go rock back and forth, or stand and spin and twirl in place, and hand-flap as though tomorrow I become an amputee at the wrists, with neither hands to flap nor fingers to flick and click. For that kind of music, and soft rock'n'roll, I must have some good doom, to soothe my fraying nervous system.

After a toxic exposure of that nature, harsh industrial metal, and even better, doom, as well as some, but not all death metal (I especially like a band called 'Kittie'), its like balm to the burns inflicted by such a nasty corrosive exposure..

That's intersting. It stikes me that maybe this goes way beyond personal tastes; could be some kind of direct neurological reaction to the wrong sort of frequencies?  Ofc, I'm talking out of my ass here, though. I've not enough knowledge of neuroscience to even know if that idea makes sense. But it might be worth pursuing.

For my part, it's not so much the sound of most of "easy-listening " kind of stuff that annoys me; its things like gross sentimentality, tedious uniformity, lack of sincerity; absence of feeling; and orchestral music sounds really stilted to me, like it's passed through too many filters , on the journey between the brain of the composer and my ear. That might just be prejudice on  my part, though. There's still a heckova lot of quietmore-or-less "soothing"  music  that I do like, though. I seem to have a much higher tolerance for  dissonance than most people (and even a liking for it) ; but, even so,  metal has eveloved into a bunch of subgenres  that mostly do nothing at all for me except get on my nerves :(. Sorry 'bout that . On the other hand, it's also produced some subgenres that bore me to tears, so maybe that's just to say I'm a complete old fart by now.( I'm a lot more at home with post-punk and post-rock , not to mention the prog rock i was into as a schoolgirl, along with sabbath etc . along with odd bits of jazz  and folk. Well, basically, i was  eclectically sidestepping the radio 1 shite,)

I kid you not on that "old fart" idea. A friend of mine walked in when i waas playing something loud and aggressive (I forget what, exactly)  and made the observation that was "young people's music" , even though the band  in question had easily been around long enough  have a bunch of aging fans (might have been the Fall, or Nirvana) That set met thinking. He is not a  stupid. And he did have a point, because my tastes are actually drifing more towadrs the quieter end of the spectrum; maybe due to losing my ansgt? and/or maybe neuropligical changes that come with age? I also go for dasys and days with out listening to music., TV or anything, a whole lot more often that i used to, just enjoying the relative silence (for as long as it lasts. my neighbourhood is  surely not the ideal place for that)

By "upwind" of i meant , roughly speaking, somewhere where you wouldn't catch the scent of death metal, something unifluenced by it. That's just my notorious "poetic" turn of phrase; which results from my usual failure to recall the right cliche at the right time, so I just have to grope for something more original.

You have a nicely poetic turn of phrase yourself, btw. I just love your decription of how classical music affects you. You would make a brilliant  lyricist, methinks. Know any bands in need of one?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:50:01 AM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #9146 on: October 05, 2016, 06:06:14 PM »
Excruciating amount of pain, but what can I do. :dunno:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9147 on: October 05, 2016, 06:56:48 PM »
Smiling after a wee bit of Red Hot Chili Pipers
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9148 on: October 05, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
Better now that the pain in my right ribs area has died away!   For now! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9149 on: October 05, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »
Irritated, tired.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.