Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169624 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8490 on: October 26, 2015, 04:06:07 PM »

I have several, actually. I bought a few when I needed one, then when I could get around better, I made three of them from wood that grew in my yard.

Two are hickory and one is from an oak. The oaken one is very crooked, but I love it. It is natural and all I did to it after curing the wood was to whittle off the bark, clean up around the smallish branches I cut off, stain and oil it. It is actually my favorite, due to how I was able to shape palm piece. It is also too heavy, to use constantly, but as a "fashion statement" cane,  it is very cool.

One of the hickories is actually quite a bit more practical, being quite thin and light. I actually planed this one down and tapered it sanded it forever with finer and finer grade abrasives, finally using "0000" steel wool for the last until it was shiny and then just oiled it.

The other hickory is more like a true "walking stick" than a cane.  Comes up to my forehead and I always wanted to find a really Gandalf looking burl or branching thing to add to the top and maybe buy a cheap but huge lucite diamond cut crystal to mount in the grasp of the branches after mounting a powerful LED flashlight inside the stalk to light up the crystal when I wanted.
 :zoinks:

Might have to dig them out and take a pic.

The image is magic.  :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8491 on: October 26, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
Sleepy
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8492 on: October 26, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
Surly and dissatisfied.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8493 on: October 26, 2015, 06:57:26 PM »
Frustrated and tired.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8494 on: October 26, 2015, 08:52:33 PM »
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8495 on: October 27, 2015, 01:06:58 AM »
A bit grumpy. I have a doctor's appointment in a little more than an hour that I don't look forward to.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #8497 on: October 27, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »
Sick

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8498 on: October 27, 2015, 09:50:21 AM »
Good. Had a really good meeting this morning.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8499 on: October 27, 2015, 04:08:52 PM »

I have several, actually. I bought a few when I needed one, then when I could get around better, I made three of them from wood that grew in my yard.

Two are hickory and one is from an oak. The oaken one is very crooked, but I love it. It is natural and all I did to it after curing the wood was to whittle off the bark, clean up around the smallish branches I cut off, stain and oil it. It is actually my favorite, due to how I was able to shape palm piece. It is also too heavy, to use constantly, but as a "fashion statement" cane,  it is very cool.

One of the hickories is actually quite a bit more practical, being quite thin and light. I actually planed this one down and tapered it sanded it forever with finer and finer grade abrasives, finally using "0000" steel wool for the last until it was shiny and then just oiled it.

The other hickory is more like a true "walking stick" than a cane.  Comes up to my forehead and I always wanted to find a really Gandalf looking burl or branching thing to add to the top and maybe buy a cheap but huge lucite diamond cut crystal to mount in the grasp of the branches after mounting a powerful LED flashlight inside the stalk to light up the crystal when I wanted.
 :zoinks:

Might have to dig them out and take a pic.

The image is magic.  :laugh:

Thank you.

I have a number of projects going these days, some make me money, some are just for fun. 

With Halloween coming up, I am trying to make it special for my kids who are too old to go "trick or treating" but still want to do goofy Halloween things (thankfully, their ideas do not include toilet paper) SO I already mentioned the lengths I have gone to (with their participation, btw) which will make a decent statement.
This project is for the sheer joy of it.

Most of my money-making projects are Professional Audio related, like building things for bands to use in performance, BUT ...

Actually I meant ... BUT,  ... I have been dabbling in building lawn furniture and hoping to sell a few more.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8500 on: October 27, 2015, 09:58:07 PM »
I have been dabbling in building lawn furniture and hoping to sell a few more.
Interesting. Any photos?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8501 on: October 27, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »
Sick

With your life these past few years, being sick is probably a given.  Hopefully you'll be relaxing in a few months.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8502 on: October 28, 2015, 01:19:33 AM »
Not sure. A bit meh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8503 on: October 28, 2015, 01:27:41 AM »
Fed up with mentor. First mail I sent him was before the fall holidays, nearly two weeks ago. Sent him another one last Monday. Still, no answer.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8504 on: October 28, 2015, 03:18:08 PM »
I have been dabbling in building lawn furniture and hoping to sell a few more.
Interesting. Any photos?

No, but I will take some next season. With winter coming no one is thinking of lawn furniture, right now.

I mostly make Adirondack style things, super easy to build and most folks want some.
I live (unfortunately/fortunately, depending upon whether I want to sleep or to sell something.) on one of the busiest corners in town,

If I put something out there, someone will stop buy and ask to buy it. Even had people stop to ask how much I wanted for my mower when I went around back to get gasoline to continue mowing. About a month ago, I wheeled out the mower and my daughter's bike and two people stopped to ask when the yard sale starts and one offered me $ for my daughter's bicycle on the spot.

It is almost insane, but I can use it or cry about it.

I can not hang a sign of any sort (got "busted" for having my phone number displayed once  -  sucks!!) but, I really do not need to.

I will post some pics once the winter is over and I can get going again.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:23:35 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.