Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 171524 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7725 on: April 20, 2015, 11:23:54 PM »
What is keeping you from sleeping?

I'm pretty good. Had two exceptionally good nights. But I do dream weird stuff.

I think I wrote about it in another thread, can't remember where though.

We spent the night in the ER with the daughter because of a suspected appendicitis. It took forever before the doctor actually took a look (we think this was deliberate because they wanted to observe her) and admitted her. The good news is that she probably won't need surgery.

Hope she feels well soon.

Any chance of taking a nap during the day for you?

I'm at the hospital now, so not really. Maybe later. She is getting some sleep now, though, which is a good thing.

They won't operate? So ti wasn't appendicitis after all?

When I had appendicitis it resealed itself so I didn't need surgery right away...they put me on antibiotics and I came back a month later for the surgery.

They say that this one healed by itself but it might reoccur. She's back home now.

They should just take it out. The surgery is minor...its better to do it when its under control than to wait for it to rupture again...in which case the surgery would be more risky, and the sepsis would threaten her life.

:-\

Not sure about the reasoning but the doctor did seem like he knew what he was talking about. I certainly hope so.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7726 on: April 21, 2015, 12:54:29 AM »
I know of hospitals that do take out the appendix when it is not inflamed. If it has acted up a few times in a way that it could be treated otherwise, they wait till the inflammation is gone. The patient will be top fit then, the gut will be at ease, the operation will take less healing and there will be less chance of complications.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #7727 on: April 21, 2015, 02:22:03 PM »
I know of hospitals that do take out the appendix when it is not inflamed. If it has acted up a few times in a way that it could be treated otherwise, they wait till the inflammation is gone. The patient will be top fit then, the gut will be at ease, the operation will take less healing and there will be less chance of complications.

Thats what they told my family...the doc was real adamant about preventing it rupturing again. it just seems strange they wouldn't plan to take it out if they have the opportunity, especially when they know it will probably rupture again in the future. if it ruptures again and she gets septic, she could die. but then again, maybe my docs were just trying to scare me into being compliant with the antibiotics.

maybe they thought i was at risk because it took me 4 days to get to the ER on account of I thought the stomach pain was due to stress. i was 16 at the time.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:24:23 PM by sg1008 »
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Hannah

« Reply #7728 on: April 21, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
good actually

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7729 on: April 21, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »

Thats what they told my family...the doc was real adamant about preventing it rupturing again. it just seems strange they wouldn't plan to take it out if they have the opportunity, especially when they know it will probably rupture again in the future. if it ruptures again and she gets septic, she could die. but then again, maybe my docs were just trying to scare me into being compliant with the antibiotics.

maybe they thought i was at risk because it took me 4 days to get to the ER on account of I thought the stomach pain was due to stress. i was 16 at the time.

There is a big difference between rupture and inflammation. Ruptures are way more dangerous, because the inflammation can then spread to all intestines.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7730 on: April 21, 2015, 04:39:10 PM »
A little tired.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #7731 on: April 21, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »
Eh

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7732 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:21 PM »
A little sore
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7733 on: April 21, 2015, 08:17:47 PM »

There is a big difference between rupture and inflammation. Ruptures are way more dangerous, because the inflammation can then spread to all intestines.

True...well, trust the doc. And sue him if he's wrong :P

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7734 on: April 22, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »
Peaceful and accomplished
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7735 on: April 22, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »
I am feeling hopeful.....hopeful that people understood the joke.

:apondering:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7736 on: April 22, 2015, 08:19:52 PM »
Pretty damn good.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7737 on: April 22, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »
Very sleepy.  Good night, children............................everywhere.................
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7738 on: April 22, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »
hiccups

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7739 on: April 22, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »

My daughter's wasn't ruptured. I think they would have taken it out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein