Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 171028 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7200 on: August 27, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »
*throws a couple of cyclizine tabs and some scopolamine transdermal patches to odeon from my stash kit*

I'm feeling great myself, nicely relaxed and with my eyelids drooping thanks to the fair bit of intravenous morphine I've had today and this evening. Just about to do another 130mg shot, got my rig filled, a fresh point on the end and ready to go hunt down a suitable vein to put it in.

*a moment later...Pulls out the now empty rig, tosses the used needle and barrel into my sharps bin (or rather one of them, the other one is actually full of peroxide and fuming hydrochloric acid in the lab, with a load of powdered and shaved up copper, to make some copper chloride for a route I've been learning of recently to reduce phenethylamine precursor nitrostyrenes, and possibly nitropropene precursors for amphetamines, either psychedelic substituted 'phets, like DOM for instance, the one I plan to synth up first, or plain ol' amphetamine/meth/N-ethylamphetamine.

So my other sharps bin is being used to create a bucketload of cupric chloride :autism:
Handy containers, the big sharps bins, and I get them free of charge from the needle exchange in the city center. Just perfect size and depth for moderately large scale room temperature or cold-requiring syntheses of various reagents, the smaller sharps containers for personal portable capacity use make good ones for storing powdered or crystalline reagents also, as long as they aren't volatile, air sensitive, moisture sensitive, pyrophoric or chemicals that won't eat their way through the plastic bins themselves.

Mmm...starting to really feel that morphine now, skin is all tingly and pleasantly warm and slightly scratchy. Not in an uncomfy sort of way, but the kind of itch that feels great to scratch. A nail brush with the plastic bristles is making a purrfect scratching post too, for my felineesque self. MMmmmmmm....that feels so nice.

< / contented as can be>. Although I do fancy a snack before I go to bed, whilst I sort my research library out by subject area, not sure what though, peanut butter sandwiches appeal though, or better yet, a big bowl of steaming hot oat porridge, made with all milk rather than water, plenty of salt, and either a big lake of melted butter on top or a similar big lake of golden syrup. The butter option is I think currently the more tempting of the two options. The porridge is just lovely once the butter is all melted, and what isn't eaten spooned over the top to fill the bowl, can then be stirred into the remaining porridge, makes it lovely and salty and buttery, with lots of little rivulets of liquid butter oozing out of the edges of the porridge where its made uneven by my spoon.

I'll go cook that for my second and a half to 2 and 3/4th supper of the night (counting the bullace plums  as two thirds as the size of those makes them more of a medium snack rather than a proper big supper, as tasty as they are.

I can hardly wait either, until I can go pick some japanese wineberries and sea buckthorn berries to make a bullace and sea buckthorn, bullace and wineberry and bullace, wineberry jam and compotes, maybe use some of that to fill some homemade crusty thick pastry and make some exotic jam tarts. And to go with those, I'll buy myself a big bottle of gin, fill it up with bullace plums, a tiny bit of honey to sweeten it up a bit and balance the acidity out of the  lil' plums and some chopped sprigs of lemon balm, just the very freshest, most fragrant and flavoursome tender top shoots, and some flowering sprigs, for the nectar content as well. Bees love the nectar of balm, so I bet it will be just divine as an addition to the plum gin (got the idea from sloe gin, in fact when I first saw the fruit in the wild, I assumed, until a taste test proved otherwise, that they were indeed sloes, the fruit of the blackthorn tree, a relative of the plums and much other stone fruit afaik, although I may be mistaken there. Sloes look like tiny plums, a bit smaller than a large to moderate sized cherry, dark purplish blue in colour, but incredibly astringent and utterly foul, quite inedible fresh, but once they are soaked in gin for a good long while they give a lovely purple colour and nice tasty sloe gin. The used fruit can then be used in other recipes, or whilst still saturated in booze, dipped in melted dark chocolate and then quickly put in the freezer to set the chocolate, adding or not, more layers of dark, and maybe milk and/or white chocolate one after the other, allowing them to set on the sloes, cherries or plums; before adding another layer of a different coloured choccy. Lather, rinse, repeat until one has a batch of tasty gin-saturated booze-pickled sweetened fruit covered in layer upon layer of as many different kinds of high quality chocolates as the imagination can desire for a nice crunchy surface layer or ten that does a wonderful job of countering any bitterness or excess sourness.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7201 on: August 28, 2014, 12:45:41 AM »
Still sick.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7202 on: August 28, 2014, 12:54:02 PM »
A little angry at life.  A friend's facebook had a post from a friend of a friend.

Well we got the results from the MRI. Sorry for taking so long to post something. It's not the news we wanted to hear. The aneurysm has gotten bigger. It has grown 2 mm in size. So it is still growing at the same rapid rate. We probably won't get another MRI anytime soon since we know that it is growing at that rate, since it is such a risk for her to go under anesthesia. So this also brought up other conversation that we did not want to have. We thought it was going to be immediate when it ruptured, come to find out they say it could take up to 30 or 40 minutes, all while her pressures drop and she struggles to breathe. He says it will probably be at a pretty rapid rate, but if she were to make it to the hospital and get put on life-support it could sustain her life for awhile. So then we would have the decision to leave her on life-support in a vegetative state or pull the plug. Anyway, we refuse to make that decision at this time. Since we don't know what scenario is going to take place, we will make that decision at that time if it were to come to that. Right now, we can only take it one day at a time. One day at a time and our faith in the Lord is our only way of making it right now.

The girl is 3 and has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC), which I've made one post about.  Shitty disease.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #7203 on: August 28, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
Alright

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7204 on: August 28, 2014, 02:42:27 PM »
A little angry at life.  A friend's facebook had a post from a friend of a friend.

Well we got the results from the MRI. Sorry for taking so long to post something. It's not the news we wanted to hear. The aneurysm has gotten bigger. It has grown 2 mm in size. So it is still growing at the same rapid rate. We probably won't get another MRI anytime soon since we know that it is growing at that rate, since it is such a risk for her to go under anesthesia. So this also brought up other conversation that we did not want to have. We thought it was going to be immediate when it ruptured, come to find out they say it could take up to 30 or 40 minutes, all while her pressures drop and she struggles to breathe. He says it will probably be at a pretty rapid rate, but if she were to make it to the hospital and get put on life-support it could sustain her life for awhile. So then we would have the decision to leave her on life-support in a vegetative state or pull the plug. Anyway, we refuse to make that decision at this time. Since we don't know what scenario is going to take place, we will make that decision at that time if it were to come to that. Right now, we can only take it one day at a time. One day at a time and our faith in the Lord is our only way of making it right now.

The girl is 3 and has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC), which I've made one post about.  Shitty disease.

:(

Can't they do anything about the aneurysm?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7205 on: August 28, 2014, 04:23:26 PM »
Pretty damn good.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7206 on: August 28, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »

Can't they do anything about the aneurysm?

TSC is a complex disease.  I'm not sure if it's the cause of the anesthesia being  a risk.  Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a right choice.

More info - I spoke to a friend who's daughter has TSC.  She looked into earlier posts of the mom and couldn't find info (from the poster's posts) on whether the TSC is the reason for the anesthesia risk, but couldn't find anything specific why it is a risk.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:10:37 PM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7207 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:57 PM »
Better than yesterday. Still not completely OK, though.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7208 on: August 31, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »
Restless. Irritated.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7209 on: August 31, 2014, 11:05:49 PM »
I have a headache.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7210 on: September 11, 2014, 09:47:01 PM »
I feel like shit

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7211 on: September 11, 2014, 09:48:51 PM »
I feel like shit

If it makes you feel any better, I think I have an e-crush on you.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7212 on: September 11, 2014, 11:02:29 PM »
Sleepy. I hate mornings.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7213 on: September 11, 2014, 11:18:52 PM »
The bed is always most comfortable and aluring in the mornings.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7214 on: September 11, 2014, 11:26:19 PM »

I don't want to go to work.

- Albert Einstein