Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 171557 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #6675 on: February 15, 2014, 02:48:55 AM »
Hoping that a little bit sick doesn't turn into a lot sick. Just my luck, always happens on a Friday.

Is Friday the day you finally allow your body to notice being sick?

I recognise the pattern, weekends, and holidays, the first bit of relaxing kicks in, and then the bugs and fatigue hit hard.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6676 on: February 15, 2014, 06:12:44 AM »
So fucking tired that I was almost disappointed when the lady from the hospital told me I probably only have to stay one night over. Two nights in a row, and two days in bed started to look like a holiday to look forward to.
Hospital? Are you ok?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6677 on: February 15, 2014, 08:58:42 AM »
So fucking tired that I was almost disappointed when the lady from the hospital told me I probably only have to stay one night over. Two nights in a row, and two days in bed started to look like a holiday to look forward to.
Hospital? Are you ok?

I'm getting, if all goes to plan, some minor surgery. Getting my gallbladder and the stones it is containing removed.
I am scheduled to go in on February 27, unless an emergency comes up. Because they told me I had to expect two nights in hospital, I asked if it could be done during a school holiday. That way my kids can stay over at family.
They had one space in the holidays, so, if anyone gets rolled in with something urgent, I will have to wait a bit longer.
Now I heard it will probably be just for one night. Then I do not really need it to be during a holiday. So, we'll see. With a bit of luck I will be home from surgery in two weeks.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6678 on: February 15, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
Ah, thanks for telling me. I hope you get your two nights so it is a bit of a holiday.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6679 on: February 15, 2014, 11:16:18 PM »
Sleepy.  Hopefully I will be able to fall asleep quickly.  Looking forward to getting up early tomorrow.  I may even fix myself some cheese grits.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6680 on: February 16, 2014, 03:40:04 PM »
Ah, thanks for telling me. I hope you get your two nights so it is a bit of a holiday.

I used to be afraid of hospitals and terrified at the idea of having to spend a night there. I still am a bit. This will be my first night in a hospital. But at the moment I want those gallstones really to be gone, and I am so much craving for a day of no responsibilities at all, that I am almost looking forward. (And probably braving myself out of the remnants of fear that are still there)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6681 on: February 17, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
There is a certain appeal to being in hospital and being taken care of. I hope it goes smoothly for you and you get your relaxation and recovery time.

Hoping that a little bit sick doesn't turn into a lot sick. Just my luck, always happens on a Friday.

I recognise the pattern, weekends, and holidays, the first bit of relaxing kicks in, and then the bugs and fatigue hit hard.

Quite possibly. In this case I haven't developed a cold but the ever-present allergies are infected again. Physical activity seems to help so I went climbing all afternoon yesterday.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6682 on: February 17, 2014, 12:28:17 PM »
There is a certain appeal to being in hospital and being taken care of. I hope it goes smoothly for you and you get your relaxation and recovery time.
Thanks. I hope it will work that way. Right now I am under enough other pressure to have shut down all non-vital things, like noticing ongoing pains and stress. And I have no time to get nervous. Funny thing is, I can realise this is going on, just not feel it.

Quite possibly. In this case I haven't developed a cold but the ever-present allergies are infected again. Physical activity seems to help so I went climbing all afternoon yesterday.

A GP I had over 25 years ago said it was important to do lots of physical things, when mentally drained, to keep the body in balance, both mentally and physically tired. Made sleeping and being healthy for the body more easy. Made sense to me.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #6683 on: February 17, 2014, 05:05:52 PM »
I hope all goes well for you in hospital Hyke x

blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6684 on: February 17, 2014, 11:39:15 PM »

Yup. I've noticed the same thing. Feeling a bit sick myself now, which seems quite logical since I've been away at a conference for a couple of days and only now have the time to wind down.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6685 on: February 17, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »
Hospital? Are you ok?

I'm getting, if all goes to plan, some minor surgery. Getting my gallbladder and the stones it is containing removed.
I am scheduled to go in on February 27, unless an emergency comes up. Because they told me I had to expect two nights in hospital, I asked if it could be done during a school holiday. That way my kids can stay over at family.
They had one space in the holidays, so, if anyone gets rolled in with something urgent, I will have to wait a bit longer.
Now I heard it will probably be just for one night. Then I do not really need it to be during a holiday. So, we'll see. With a bit of luck I will be home from surgery in two weeks.

Good luck with it. I hope it all goes well and you get the holiday.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6686 on: February 17, 2014, 11:41:17 PM »
^That came out a bit wrong but you know what I meant, right? :hug:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6687 on: February 18, 2014, 12:20:29 AM »
I feel way too awake for it to be 120AM :-\
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6688 on: February 18, 2014, 07:50:38 AM »
Grateful for the long weekend (yesterday was a holiday in the US) but sad to be going back to work.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6689 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:34 AM »
Feeling a little disturbed to see so many coyotes roaming the neighborhood, thrashing everyone's trash.

We have had so much snow and the ground has been snowed over for over two months.
These WILD animals (edit:  which normally keep to the rivers) are getting dangerously hungry, so much so that are venturing into the populated parts of town.

The energy of these beasts is a wonder to behold!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:55:38 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.