Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 171014 times)

TheoK

Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #6435 on: November 09, 2013, 03:38:02 AM »
It was better in the old days. If you were a viking, you could just kill someone to let some steam off  :viking:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6436 on: November 09, 2013, 03:38:47 AM »
Get valium from your shrink. Kill him if he refuses  :nerdy:

I don't want Valium. I just want the stress gone.

Kill someone else than the shrink?

It's not that easy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #6437 on: November 09, 2013, 03:40:30 AM »
Get valium from your shrink. Kill him if he refuses  :nerdy:

I don't want Valium. I just want the stress gone.

Kill someone else than the shrink?

It's not that easy.

It's easy enough. The hard part is to get away with. In the viking days there were no fucking cops interfering in your blood feud!  :viking: :viking: :viking:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6438 on: November 09, 2013, 03:41:37 AM »
I don't have a blood feud. I'm stressed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #6439 on: November 09, 2013, 03:43:24 AM »
Go out and run or something  :M

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6440 on: November 09, 2013, 03:43:46 AM »

Sometimes stress can't be avoided, and has to be endured. Find some breathing spaces in between. If need be by trashing the ugliest china you can find, or by kidnapping a dog from the neighbours for a long walk.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6441 on: November 09, 2013, 03:44:41 AM »

Sometimes stress can't be avoided, and has to be endured. Find some breathing spaces in between. If need be by trashing the ugliest china you can find, or by kidnapping a dog from the neighbours for a long walk.

You're right about getting a dog. I wish I could.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6442 on: November 09, 2013, 03:46:27 AM »

No shelter in the neighbourhood where they need volunteers to walk some dogs on a weekly basis? Not the same as a dog for your own, but it's something.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6443 on: November 09, 2013, 04:01:21 AM »

No shelter in the neighbourhood where they need volunteers to walk some dogs on a weekly basis? Not the same as a dog for your own, but it's something.

No, unfortunately. No dogs to be walked in the neighbourhood. The closest I get to dogs is when happening across one outside a shop. They all wag their tails when spotting me, happily engaging in conversation if I approach and say hi.

:(

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #6444 on: November 09, 2013, 04:02:21 AM »
So dogs like moomintrolls?  :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6445 on: November 09, 2013, 04:04:57 AM »
We are friendly. What can I say? :moomin:

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6446 on: November 09, 2013, 04:08:47 AM »

No, unfortunately. No dogs to be walked in the neighbourhood. The closest I get to dogs is when happening across one outside a shop. They all wag their tails when spotting me, happily engaging in conversation if I approach and say hi.

:(

A career move, becoming a postie, will not pay your bills, I fear. Lots of dogs to pet and interact with though. I do miss the walks and familiar dogs and cats. Even miss some familiar people.

• Biggest Dick on the Board
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #6447 on: November 09, 2013, 07:29:23 AM »
If you've talked to that many trans people, then you should have some idea of how rude it is to fixate on what's in someone's pants.

Yes. And that is why I clarified here that it is entirely irrelevant. Transsexuals are fundamentally different from any other minority group in the way they seek acceptance. Gay people seek acceptance by being acknowledged as who they truly are, and to not be judged for it. Transsexuals on the other hand demand acceptance by being not acknowledged as what they are, but instead as what they perceive themselves to be. Here is the very important difference: They require ignorance.

No one really cares about word definitions, that is what 'woman' can mean and what 'men' can mean or whatever gender is. People care about reality, and the reality is that they were born of one sex and have all the properties of that sex but then develop the notion that their social image or whatever personality is of the other sex. And the reality is, that sex and gender is not spiritual or self-chosen or self-perceived, but that the many factors that make you male or female in a way that actually matters to the outside observer rely on genetics, hormones and how that shapes your neurological makeup. And that might not be as apparent to both normal people and transsexuals, but those factors and many fine details determine our emotional realities and the outcomes of social interaction.

So here is where transsexual 'acceptance' fails entirely. You can ignore reality, as long as it doesn't matter much. That is you can interact with people socially as if they were manly women or girly males and not talk to them about your perception about them, or even lie to them to make them happy. After all, they aren't that important and it may be only superficial. But you can't ignore it once it truly matters. When it comes to sexuality and any deeper kind of relationship, you don't have a choice to act by your most accurate perception of reality, rather than the socially preferable one.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg of the inconsistencies that acceptance by ignorance causes. There are many fine details to how women react and feel and men react and feel differently that help us to react appropriately and in respect to the other person, but which are at best only roughly conforming in transsexuals. Deceive (look like you are something you aren't on the superficial outside, hide what is actually the case), Inveigle (make people engage on your misrepresented circumstances), Obfuscate (redefine the meaning of words such that identification is less likely, invent new social conventions to remain hidden, deny any approach towards the misfit circumstances under the disguise of discrimination and offense). Those are the tactics of criminals, not minorities. Why not say "I am male, but I always felt like a woman" that is me, I want to be accepted.

Why all this stupid mess? Do Moslem immigrants hide their religion and visit Christian churches? Do they claim with insistence that religion isn't really that important and that what's in someone's belief system is none of your business? Do they try to redefine the meaning of 'religion' so that it doesn't apply to them or makes them Christian? Do they do face surgery in order to hide their heritage and religious background?

If they did, how would that look like?

MtF women are not normal women and Muslems aren't Christians, although both are religious. What someone believes does matter the same way their sex does. Ignorance is always wrong. It has nothing to do with real acceptance. At best it only shows that you just want to get your way and avoid dealing with everything else.

It is not societies fault if you were born male but think that you are female. Of course, it causes problems and things that are emotionally difficult for you. Acceptance doesn't mean that all of your problems are simply shifted towards other people's responsibilities. Acceptance simply means that you are acknowledged and respected as who you actually are (and not as whatever you believe yourself to be).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:46:48 AM by 神 »
t͕̬̱̣̻he̘̳͍̯͇ͥ̾ ͇̉̋ĥ̖ͣi̘͕̙v͉̆̉e̠͓̐̔ ͕͍̺̝̑͛ͪṃ̯̳͙͗́i̓͑͌̿ͥ̐n̯͉̥̘͚͎̹ͮ͑̏ͤd̙̗̫̓ ̟̝̼͌̉́͑rͦ̋͗̃̐͛e̪̅p͂r̯̙̙̿e̳̟͔͔̼͍̪̅ͪͬ̔͛́̚s̰͈̭̞̭̥̃̐ͤ̽ͤĕ͕̹̙͒͆͒̍n͈̠̣ͪ̇ͩ͆ͩͅṯ͍̟͕̮͆̑͛̐͛ị̭̟̮̍̆ͥ̂̈́̅n̯͙̯̝̗͑͐̓g̻̠͊̂́ͤ ̂̄̒͌ͮ̐́̄̈̿̈ͫp̦̜͇̝̈͌̈ͭ̐̌s̜̼̪̪͍̩y̑ͪ̏ĉ̤͉̆h̹̫͖̱͙͉͙ȍ͐̅t͚̝ị̺̳ͮͬͬ̀ͅc͖̭͖̣̱͂͊̆ ̰̤̞̬̠̳̇ć̻̱͙͎̘̲̰hȃ̩͔̿̎͂̂̚o̦̱̩ś̹̗̥̤̝ͅ,̫͚̥͎͚͇͓͗ͬͪ͆ ͥ̃̌̀̉̈́h̋̾͛͗e̜ ͚̥̞̫̠ͫͮ͛̿c̈o͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬm̠̩̣ͧe̮ͯͪs̳̞̘͇͎̳͉̈́̃͂ ̞̎ͯh̖͚́̈̑̓̋ë̟̻̼̩́ͧͩ̎͛ ̯̲̖͕̖̘͉c͕o̻̝̰͓̙ͯ͋̃̊̈́͂̏m̬̩̃e̯͆̆͒ͩs̲ ̜͔̭͎s̼̟̰͉͈̅̒͂̎̿ͤo͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬo͈͖͋̔͂̀ͬn͈̠̣ͪ̇ͩ͆ͩͅ

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #6448 on: November 09, 2013, 07:45:52 AM »
I feel giggly. Odd.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6449 on: November 09, 2013, 07:50:20 AM »
If you've talked to that many trans people, then you should have some idea of how rude it is to fixate on what's in someone's pants.

Yes. And that is why I clarified here that it is entirely irrelevant. Transsexuals are fundamentally different from any other minority group in the way they seek acceptance. Gay people seek acceptance by being acknowledged as who they truly are, and to not be judged for it. Transsexuals on the other hand demand acceptance by being not acknowledged as what they are, but instead as what they perceive themselves to be. Here is the very important difference: They require ignorance.

No one really cares about word definitions, that is what 'woman' can mean and what 'men' can mean or whatever gender is. People care about reality, and the reality is that they were born of one sex and have all the properties of that sex but then develop the notion that their social image or whatever personality is of the other sex. And the reality is, that sex and gender is not spiritual or self-chosen or self-perceived, but that the many factors that make you male or female in a way that actually matters to the outside observer rely on genetics, hormones and how that shapes your neurological makeup. And that might not be as apparent to both normal people and transsexuals, but those factors and many fine details determine our emotional realities and the outcomes of social interaction.

So here is where transsexual 'acceptance' fails entirely. You can ignore reality, as long as it doesn't matter much. That is you can interact with people socially as if they were manly women or girly males and not talk to them about your perception about them, or even lie to them to make them happy. After all, they aren't that important and it may be only superficial. But you can't ignore it once it truly matters. When it comes to sexuality and any deeper kind of relationship, you don't have a choice to act by your most accurate perception of reality, rather than the socially preferable one.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg of the inconsistencies that acceptance by ignorance causes. There are many fine details to how women react and feel and men react and feel differently that help us to react appropriately and in respect to the other person, but which are at best only roughly conforming in transsexuals. Deceive (look like you are something you aren't on the superficial outside, hide what is actually the case), Inveigle (make people engage on your misrepresented circumstances), Obfuscate (redefine the meaning of words such that identification is less likely, invent new social conventions to remain hidden, deny any approach towards the misfit circumstances under the disguise of discrimination and offense). Those are the tactics of criminals, not minorities. Why not say "I am male, but I always felt like a woman" that is me, I want to be accepted.

Why all this stupid mess? Do Moslem immigrants hide their religion and visit Christian churches? Do they claim with insistence that religion isn't really that important and that what's in someone's belief system is none of your business? Do they try to redefine the meaning of 'religion' so that it doesn't apply to them or makes them Christian? Do they do face surgery in order to hide their heritage and religious background?

If they did, how would that look like?

MtF women are not normal women and Muslems aren't Christians, although both are religious. What someone believes does matter the same way their sex does. Ignorance is always wrong. It has nothing to do with real acceptance. At best it only shows that you just want to get your way and avoid dealing with everything else.

It is not societies fault if you were born male but think that you are female. Of course, it causes problems and things that are emotionally difficult for you. Acceptance doesn't mean that all of your problems are simply shifted towards other people's responsibilities. Acceptance simply means that you are acknowledged and respected as who you actually are (and not as whatever you believe yourself to be).

See you try to reason here is painful. It is like seeing a wildebeest stuck chest deep in mud and struggling to seek purchase to get out. I have to turn away.....
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap