Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 167676 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #10410 on: January 09, 2018, 08:16:12 PM »
The flu is going around here. Not looking forward to it.
Can you get the flu vaccine there? I get it free here every year because I have asthma. And so I haven't had the flu for years, last time was H1N1 and that was really mild, thankfully.

I really hope you don't get the flu!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10411 on: January 10, 2018, 02:36:01 AM »
Right wrist hurts like fuck.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #10412 on: January 10, 2018, 02:40:55 AM »
The flu is going around here. Not looking forward to it.
Can you get the flu vaccine there? I get it free here every year because I have asthma. And so I haven't had the flu for years, last time was H1N1 and that was really mild, thankfully.

I really hope you don't get the flu!

I don’t get the vaccine because I don’t have any conditions that would mean I needed to have it. :) I could get it if I wanted I’m sure, not for free though.
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #10413 on: January 14, 2018, 10:12:39 AM »
What do you know? I’m going to get it tomorrow privately cos I really don’t fancy the more “severe” version of flu. But it takes 10-14 days to be effective.  :GA:
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10414 on: January 15, 2018, 10:13:22 PM »
In which case...

*Lestat takes the time to reform those big beefy electrolytic capacitors and builds 'raxy a pulse rifle, with a picture of a big hug taped to the side of one of the fuel cells*
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10415 on: January 15, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »
And as for how I am feeling....well picked up my med script monday, or had it picked up for me. So not in severe pain for a change, feeling alright in my joints and feet.

Emotionally....feeling.....anticipation full to bursting with it. In a little kid late at night close to Xmas day morning, after spending about half a grand US on a LOT of new lab glassware, and I mean a bloody lot of new stuff.

And still close to a thousand pounds UK to spend, not quite, but not too far off, the US money meant due to exchange rates, that I'd spent a lot less of my savings than I expected. So I've enough for the perfect, VISIBLE piece of (and I screwed up earlier, said it was polonium. Meant to say Technetium. Its 99Tc, on a strip of gold, I think. There might be both. If there are then the vac pump and new power supply will have to wait, because I'll have to have both. Might pick up a chunk of thorium under argon while I'm at it too. But I MUST have that 99Tc on the gold strip backing. Its all so silvery and shiny and gorgeous....oh is it ever, its lovely...beautiful...and I have to have one for my element collection. That would be one of the real pride-and-joy points of the collection, something I'd build a special cell for in the collection, with decorative inlay cursive description, along with the standard atomic weight, proton number and where relevant, isotope.

But  yeah, I buggered up in saying polonium. I meant technetium. Fuck. Still, extremely rare for a piece like that on the open market. And to see that technetium metal there, so silvery and shiny and pretty, sitting there, proudly knowing it is the first ever man-made synthetic element (although technetium does occur in stars of some types), and not afraid to tell the elements next to it in the periodic table collection 'I got MADE, bitches!'....I can't help but be irresistably pulled towards that lovely technetium-plated slice of gold. Just like a moth to a UV light, or a bee to a flower full of nectar, even though the item is £400 for a single piece, its just so rare, so precious, so fucking well covet-able that I am absolutely prepared to pay that near half a grand UK for it. I might build a different, modified ampoule for it, one with a miniaturized geiger counter built in, that could be activated with a switch, or push-button, and connected to a little speaker built into it's display container box, so rather than merely look at it and drool, people could push the button and get to 'see' that intense radioactivity blasting off from its surface from the storm of clicking and crackling coming from the speaker connected to the Geiger counter mounted behind the technetium.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10416 on: January 16, 2018, 01:20:25 AM »
Polonium? Can you inform the officer of your whereabouts in 2006? :police:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10417 on: January 16, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
Accidentally said polonium. That will take a little longer to get. The sample I'll be buying is not 210Po, its Technetium, as 99Tc. I will of course still need a good quality 210Po sample for my collection though. But for now, I'll at least be able to get me the 99Tc plated onto a slip of gold. I done goofed when I said 210Po. But that is the isotope I've chosen for polonium when I get that. For now, It'll be technetium, might do a bit of uranium and thorium shopping too while I'm at it. Happy enough with depleted uranium (238U), although the thorium will be intrinsically radioactive. Or perhaps natural uranium, to give it a buzz enough, so to speak, for an inbuilt geiger counter in a sample vial to register nicely when the counter circuit button would be pressed for that element. (I kinda like having something like a control pad to the side, with the radioactive elements on the keypad in periodic symbol and atomic weight, but arranged sort of like a phone keypad, press the one you want, then a big red button for 'on' to activate that specific geiger-counter), for the likes of radium, radon gas, technetium, polonium, all the actinides I can get together plus that lonely lanthanide, promethium.)

I could get 210Po easy enough in microscale amounts as anti-static brush tips, but I would want a proper sample, given its an alpha-emitter, then its easy enough to keep the radiation contained, glass is fine for the purpose. So again, I like the idea of trying to get a custom piece comissioned, plated onto gold, Au being ideal given the color difference. And I especially want the 210Po piece to be made nicely visible like that, since I love the idea of having a semimetal chalcogen nuclear materials sample piece in the collection, in its elemental state. Its just kinda cool. Its related to oxygen, sulfur, then selenium and tellurium, finally polonium. At least before unstorable superheavy elements with split-microsecond half lives etc. For elements like that, I still would like to try, building an accelerator and attempting to produce an atom or two and detect the decay, and for the table collection, have a photo-cap of the decay chain of the atom or atoms with their characteristic signatures and daughter isotope decay chains. It'd be pretty sweet if I could pull that off for the superheavies, even if I could manage only a few of them.

I don't know if even I could manage that with a self-built accelerator though. You have to admit though, it WOULD be totally cool to pull off building an atom like that, of the superheavy transactinides, even if its only some of them, and a couple of atoms, capturing the decay event and sticking the data of the decays in as the representative. Plus the target used, assuming it can be done safely. Still, I don't know if even I could do it. But it wouldn't stop me trying. That would be...well if I were in the scouts, kinda like a personal merit badge in particle physics :congrats:

And 2006? you must be kidding me, I've bugger all idea. In the lab, probably for most of it, in the bog taking either a dump, a piss or a dump and a piss for some of it, eating and drinking for some of it, taking meds for part of it. Online for some of it. Thats about it. Out and about at times. Mushroom picking in season, mushroom ID-ing and then eating for parts of it...Sleeping. Playing video games.

Buying, trading for and in chemical reagents.

And inform the officer of my..?

HeT! это может пойти в черный бог!

And how do you say 'extradition treaty can suck my fucking balls and die of cancer in hell' in swedish :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:22:10 AM by Lestat »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10418 on: January 16, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »
I think Polonium was a Freudian slip. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10419 on: January 16, 2018, 04:35:53 PM »
Cold hands.  The washer and dryer are in a shed attached to the carport.  Put a thick fleece blanket around the washer, focusing on the hoses, put a flannel blanket over the jalousy window and closed the door as much as possible, putting an empty bucket to keep it that way.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10420 on: January 16, 2018, 10:59:34 PM »
Freudian slip? why?

I certainly have no reason to want to kill anybody from eastern europe.
Quite the opposite, I've seen more die from there than I want to. Someone who meant something to me, from albania, killed herself a while back. A tragic loss of a talented clandestine chemist.

And without going into too much detail, or naming specific countries, 'that end' of the main landmass continent east of england overseas, is tasked with the responsibility, as are certain specific people, of providing me with chemicals of all manner of descriptions. And russia in particularly with ethanol pure enough to drink, if diluted at a mere 20 euro a liter bottle, for azeotropic alcohol, tax free. When diluted it actually tastes a lot better than premium vodka!

And besides, if one slipped a victim a dose of technetium in their tea, you'd see exactly the same thing happen to the poor bastard as happened to Litvinenko.

And, its hardly a freudian slip if I don't make any bones about the fact that I want a sample of polonium like that 99Tc slice plated onto gold. That is, just from looking at it, enough 99Tc to wipe out a lot of people if packaged up and delivered appropriately down a line of people. I've no intention of ever doing so mind you. It would ruin a wonderful and rare as hell display piece, real museum quality. Why would I NOT want a piece of polonium of visible size like that, so alpha-radiation-hot that it literally glows? I'd LOVE to have something like that, hot enough to give off an eerie blue glow, as a piece in the collection. I've higher standards than just a few microcuries of 210Po bound within the tips of antistatic brushes. I want a piece that can proudly proclaim 'look at my naked metalloid chalcogen body glow ghostly blue, bitches!' the kind of thing you'd never drink tea made with, at least not if you were to turn the lights of the house off for a moment.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10421 on: January 17, 2018, 03:49:47 AM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10422 on: January 17, 2018, 06:41:48 AM »
Yeah I figured that much out. What the fuck do you take me for? some kinda autist? :tard:

And its not like I'm going to be going out to kill that russki spook now is it. *mutters something disparaging in russian about colleagues claiming kills that ain't theirs to claim, whilst unscrewing the silencer from a 10mm pistol and cleaning the barrel, checking the scope, putting it back together, rechecking the scope, making a couple of adjustments whilst muttering some colorful eastern european profanities, finally loading a clip, cocking the pistol, flicking the safety on and loading another round into the magazine*, carefully checking the glowing blueish stuff in the little bottle with the skull-and-crossbones and stowing it somewhere far, far away from his crotch region*

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #10423 on: May 26, 2018, 10:10:27 AM »
Nad headache.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10424 on: May 28, 2018, 12:48:09 PM »
Too damn hot. And there is a slight, but annoyingly persistent odor of bromine floating about.