Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67065 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4200 on: October 22, 2017, 01:56:42 AM »
Duh. I'm browsing this place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4201 on: October 22, 2017, 01:57:26 AM »
Figuring out ArrayLists.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4202 on: October 22, 2017, 05:10:54 PM »
watching Shrek, contemplating put a fire on in the woodstove and thinking about getting around to eating dinner.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4203 on: October 23, 2017, 01:06:11 AM »
About to pick up my med refill, after I finish litening to this;

(clayden by  Chimaira, got one sick fucking bass line early in, simple, but blasted out its got a real crunch to it)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4204 on: October 23, 2017, 01:14:49 AM »
Browsing here since I can't sleep
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4205 on: October 23, 2017, 04:03:36 AM »
I hate those nights (or days rather usually) where I just can't sleep, like last night; all that I could do was get a few hours of shallow sleep then wake up, start belting out some chimaira and browsing my favourite clandestine chemistry forum.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4206 on: October 23, 2017, 10:54:40 AM »
Eating chocolate.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4207 on: October 23, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »
Having 20 mins of quiet before it becomes chaotic because I have to feed the dogs which is usually around the time the youngest gets home from school. It goes from quiet sleeping dogs with the sound of rain hitting the roof, to "OMG SHE'S HOME! SHE'S HOME! SHE'S HOME!" with leaping dogs throwing a party because it's been less than 24 hours since they've seen her which is of course entirely too long.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4208 on: October 23, 2017, 11:38:44 PM »
Alternating between nibbling  a giant pretzel, and eating a berry-topped cheesecake with digestive biscuit base, and drinking coke and drinking a milkshake thats based on those rhubarb and custard-flavour traditional boiled  sweet hard candies, the kind that are half red half yellow, only, this time as a milkshake.

I'm in a very variable mood tonight for some reason. Even my pain meds I'm finding it difficult to settle as to whether to use codeine, dihydrocodeine, morphine sulfate, oxycodone, or to turn the morphine into a morphine ester, and if I did, between dipropionyl, dibenzoyl or di-(n)-butyrymorphine.

Although even in such a mood I reckon I could rule out dibutyrylmorphine. Tried it, its average, more potent than morphine, probably a bit less than pure, uncut diamorphine (pharm. grade heroin) And the preparation of it by necessity involves either n-butyric anhydride, or n-butyryl chloride. And both of them end up producing butyric acid, which even my father knows now is the stuff responsible for the smell of puke being puke-like. He actually asked the other day just that to confirm he was right, although at first I thought he was smelling it here, which would be odd, since I've not used any of my n-butyric anhydride in quite a long time, for any purpose whatsoever. I try to avoid it whenever possible, because it stinks, or rather the butyric acid produced as it hydrolyzes does, the anhydride itself is more..pungent, but less acutely vomitesque. And thats the reason I haven't used any butyric anhydride for a fair while. It  make for a filthy stink like somebody's rancid, dissected stomach and its semidigested, sour, rancid dairy-containing contents, and the stink in question hangs around as if it were the soul of a sinner damned, attempting to claw their way out of hell, and it really doesn't be exorcized easily either.

Benzoyl chloride actually doesn't smell too bad, it does generate hydrochloric acid gas on contact with atmospheric moisture, but I don't mind the smell of hydrogen chloride, I've pretty much gotten used to it, by necessity since HCl is so common in labs and I do use an awful lot of hydrochloric acid. Benzoyl chloride, behind the teargas-ey properties, its got a rather nice sort of sightly marzipan-like or almond essence/benzaldehyde tang to it, its faint, but there, kind of reminds me of nitromethane, nitroethane or perhaps nitrobenzene. Whereas propionyl chloride would produce a far superior end compound (longer lasting by orders of magnitude, far more euphoric, much more potent (about as potent again compared with pure, un-cut, carefully prepared diamorphine as diamorphine is than morphine, I'd say on the whole, somewhat more so, maybe 4-5x as potent as heroin, if the latter not be crap from some street source. And far more of a rush if dosed IV, compared either to dibutyrylmorphine OR dibenzoylmorphine. By a long shot, so to speak. On the other hand, whilst I have never smelled propionic anhydride, the acid chloride I have smelled and it smells, the HCl fumes it belches off aside, like a mixture of unwashed human, sweaty, cheesy feet-socks and overtones of rancid goat. Quite specific I know, but it does indeed smell like rancid goat. Very goat-ey. Weird, I know, but it is, I swear, its fucking goat, of all things. Only rancid and cheesy and mixed with sweaty socks. And traces left in the air leave a taste in the back of your throat thats absolutely foul. Cloying, and decay-like, reminiscent of burning rancid fat with hints of the smoke that most plastics give off when burnt, only without the acute acridity. One of the whilst tolerable, by far and away one of my least-liked, endurable nasty smells. And that aftertaste from ambient traces of propionyl chloride vapor, god ew. I hate working with that stuff. Bleergh. Not as bad as butyric anhydride though, that is just the pits. The pits of the stomachs of a large number of people, removed, cut open, run through a blender, soaked in solvent of some sort and then distilled into a pure super-refined essence of rancid stomach contents. Only many times more potent, and as clingy as a drunken, OCD-afflicted prostitute who hasn't been paid for her 'services'

(not that I have ever, or would ever, seek out that particular service. In fact I'd probably pay them to fuck off and not come back. In the 'get lost' sense of 'fuck off' that is)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4209 on: October 24, 2017, 02:34:40 AM »
*waves to Walkie*
*belatedly waves back*
  Relaxing. I ache all over, folllowing property inspection yesterday. No, the inspection didn't hurt.  It's just the preceding long drawn out campaign  to get everything clean and tidy.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4210 on: October 24, 2017, 02:50:58 AM »
*comes over to chateaux de Walkie bearing many instant cold-packs of the re-usable sodium acetate/flexible metal disk in a pouch type, some instant heat-packs, hot and cold bodysprays, a big pot of buffered aspirin, and both topical and oral ibuprofen should Walkie be intolerant to salicylates, along with the offer of massage, brings also paracetamol in the pleasant hot honey and lemon and hot blackcurrant flavour drink mixes for as much choice as possible, tablets of co-dydramol and as much of his rx' morphine plus a few oxycodone as he can spare*

*sees if he can nab a bottle or two of gee's linctus (tincture of opium and squill, a cough mixture really but there is enough of the former in it to make both an analgesic that is much stronger and more effective per bottle than any other OTC pain-relieving preparation in the UK bar codeine linctus, and that too if he can FIND any these days. If not, then some J.collis.Browne's mixture (its a peppermint-oil flavoured liquid cough mixture, OTC but containing 20mg morphine per bottle, and unlike the other two rather old-fashioned remedies is not scarce and hard to find for sale at all) and a collection of medicinal herbs and fungi of his own tailored for the treatment of pain, especially that of muscular and musculo-skeletal origins and nurses Walkie back to health :) )

Don't want you in pain my dear lady, your one of my favourite folk here, you are, as I say, 'good people' :) A good egg too but I cannae' really call you that, since we already have our  (mostly) friendy, native ovum of ovoid nature here. *mentioning no couldbecou..I mean, no names :D*

Why the property inspection? who was doing the inspection, and could you not just have had them bugger off and not come?

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4211 on: October 24, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »
Aww thanks for the coddlimng, Lestat! and wow! even with my bloody great long list of food and chemnical intolerances, I do believe that something-or-other  in that armoury would be OK for me.
Actually , I don't have a problem with saliciliates!  But I do have a problen with corn starch (as well as gluten, ofc)  which rules out just about everything in tablet form. :(. Aside from vaping  CBD , I've given up on painkillers. It's become too damnned difficult to find stuff that I don't have nasty reactions to, usually on account of the padding, rather than the active ingredients!

For some reason, Ibuprofen has zero effect on me. :S Might as well have a a sugar drop.

Why the propert inspection? Because this is a private rental, through an Agent. And they do inspection on a regular basis (once a year) . That's just one of their things. I could be thrown out on my ear if I was found to not be  keeping the place nice and clean.   As it happens though, the inspector went away  with the usual long list of outstanding repair jobs that my Landlady couldn't be rtsed with. Some items have been on that  list for years and years. There's cl;early no comeback if she's negilgent. Grrr.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4212 on: October 24, 2017, 02:30:10 PM »
Well I don't tablet my anythings. I just store anything I create as either their salt or if relevant and more appropriate, allthough uncommon, freebase form (chlormethiazole and bromomethiazole are the most likely suspects of that nature)

I don't believe in cutting things, other than ultrapotent drugs active in sub-milligram quantities and in the low tens or several tens to a couple of hundred micrograms. The kind of thing like say, fentanyl, the opioid agonist, or its even more powerful variants, but such things I avoid on principle and just don't make since they are too dangerous to fuck with, highly dangerous to mess around with and equally dangerous to anybody in the vicinity, even a speck on a discarded, un-burnt outer glove and tyvek oversuit, that is too small to be visible to the naked eye could in the case of even the original fentanyl, kill a few people if they had no opioid tolerance, perhaps somewhere between five and ten people, and a single milligram of fentanyl....I myself with my longterm opioid tolerance would find it too threatening to my own safety, its at least as if not quite a bit more dangerous on a per-weight dosage basis than if one were to experiment with sarin (a military nerve 'gas' (its a volatile liquid, not a gas, and the other nerve 'gases' are liquids also, in the case of VX, even as thick and viscous as motor oil or syrup, whilst the novichok agents, IIRC are actually solids, not at all improbable being oximes, in order to prevent cholinesterase poisoned by novichok series nerve agents being reactivated with pralidoxime, obidoxime etc.)

And coddling? why I just care about you, there is a big difference between coddling somebody and nursing somebody back to health in a down to earth manner that doesn't give a fuck for politics like GPs do almost always. I go about matters in the way that works, not what some politicking diktat suggests is best practice 'because...' 'because what' because I say so'. That isn't good enough for me, never has been and never will be. Been on the receiving end of that medically too many times, and I will not be one who dishes out the same ill-treatment to someone he cares about.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4213 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
Procrastinating.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4214 on: October 26, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »
Finally having some down time
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad