Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 66680 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4140 on: September 11, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
* Teleports a comfy pillow, a mug of hot chocolate and some cookies to Phoenix. *

* Oops, nosy cat accidentally got teleported too, landing right on Phoenix's lap. *
I will happily take those creature comforts, including the creature :heart:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4141 on: September 12, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »
*Lestat cracks into the computer controlling Hyke's teleportation equipment and uses it to beam over some personally crafted special creature comforts over to miss K. and despite being a scientist, it is unfamiliar equipment and accidentally he gets dematerialized and sent over to miss K, making good use of the unexpected drop-in  at chateaux de la kittylady to make sure the pillows materialized over properly and fully fluffed up and plumped, additionally cools them down with an ice pack wrapped in a plastic bag and thin cloth, to cool it down so miss K's little earsies don't get too hot during the night, leaving one side icy cool and one side at room temperature,  so miss K has a choice between as she is with  her freshly replumped pillows and between a refreshing cooling side for her pretty little feline ears.

*leaves a big pile of spoons that have been kept for hours in the fridge in a styrofoam cooler chest box too with some ice packs, so she always has a nice cold spoon to press against her ears if they get too warm, and can recool the spoons, plus brings a soft pillow of his own to tuck gently under miss K's wee little paw-feet, and sits, waiting outside the door, incase called upon to bring forth more cold pillows and more cold ear-spoons (seriously, I used to use cold spoons to cool my ears down as a kid when my ears got too hot in the summer on the pillow and I'd exhausted the 'cool-th' (I.e opposite of warmth) of the pillow, I'd press cold spoon after cold spoon to my  ears, hard, rounded outer face first into the ear hollow and against my earlobes to make them cold again)

And of course, after she gets to sleep, takes a quick nap, in order to be up in time to make her the best breakfast in bed she has ever had served to her, cooked personally with the best wild fungi nature would provide at the time, along with pancakes for afters, with lots of golden syrup, butter, honey, maple syrup, treacle, white sugar, brown sugar, really dark molasses sugar, and two halves each of a freshly cut lime, and lemon, each deseeded, and provided with a cheesegrater and sharp knife, in case our kittysome one likes lime or lemon or both juice AND zest on her pancakes (the ones I'm thinking of miss K, are english pancakes, the ones I know how to make, real pancakes, what you might know as 'crepes' or similar to them, made of a simple batter of egg, a little salt, milk, a wee bit of sugar and various pieces of hand-cut fresh fruit to put in them as she prefers:)

*then he waits patiently to see if she has finished and eaten everything before asking if any scraps are going*
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4142 on: September 12, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
And of course taking the time when possible to stay with Loki, and to ease his pain with my meds if needs be, and if needs not, then just to comfort the big ol' beastie, making sure he is fed, watered and scratched behind the ears as much as he wants*

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4143 on: September 13, 2017, 10:27:27 AM »
Thanks friends.

Currently sitting in ER.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4144 on: September 13, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »
Thanks friends.

Currently sitting in ER.

Why? Veterinary or human ER?

:hug:

Edit, just saw. Hope things will pan out well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:29:56 PM by 'andersom' »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4145 on: September 13, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »
Damn hun, whats wrong in the human side of things? I hope things work out for the best. Wish I could be there to sit by your side, if only to give company if wanted, comfort and to take over things when you become too tired, fetch food and drink and bring reading material. I hate hospitals, i know what its like. Especially being on the receiving end of course, its the bloody well pits. And they always majorly fuck my meds up if I have to go to the hospital closest here.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4146 on: September 13, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »
As for me...I am plotting and scheming. Pondering what to do, for my first time in the lab in too long. What projects to reactivate and where to assign my available resources best. I have some ideas though already. The labile sulfonic acids line of inquiry is calling me, as is something involving certain alkylamido and bis-amidopiperazine compounds for in the latter case two separate purposes from the same common intermediate. Two separate lines of inquiry with the piperazine compounds, one of them an analgesic or pair of analgesics of closely related structure, whilst the other is a nootropic ag.ent, working as a glutamate receptor modulator of AMPA-type ionotropic glutamate receptors (as a positive allosteric modulator, or AMPAkine)  which is intended to and should, as with other AMPAkines,  enhance and boost the effectiveness of the fundamental processes behind learning and memory, as well as facilitating neuron to neuron synaptic connections being formed in the right places and facilitating neurological adaptations to information and also should possess some mood lifting/antidepressant activities.

And I've been for some reason been getting a hankering for some inorganic experimenting. I'd quite like to resume my work attempting to isolate manganese metal in a decent quantity and purity (the compounds are accessible, I have a kilo or so of potassium permanganate to work with, and a mixture of MnO2 and carbon (manganese dioxide) is available for free in bulk by raiding the dead battery jar I keep (I have a container for dead batteries, for the purposes of recycling of useful or interesting elements from the electrolytic chemical compositions of the batteries, and especially E-cig batteries, those seem to have a HUGE attrition rate, and drop like flies, The damn things are always getting dropped, falling out of pockets, or the contacts failing, leaving them (very usefully for cost purposes and for certain reactions since the lithium metal present in a charged battery is in the form of a roll of thin foil with a large surface area so it reacts quickly in certain processes and more so than lithium from my lar of lab grade stuff that I keep stored under argon with dessicants and magnesium powder to absorb any stray O2

(which believe it or not works it seems a lot better when done
right, than storing it under light mineral oil, with some sort of weight to keep it from floating to the surface, my lab-grade Li is in much thicker cuttings, and it reacts a lot slower in some processes than battery Li foil which is really thin. Takes a little practice yanking it out intact and unoxidized but it can be done, and once one gets used to the process it gets easy to take a suitable battery, making a couple of cuts with wirecutters, snapping endcaps off and peeling it like an orange, after dunking under petrol or naphtha lighter fuel to stop it oxidizing too badly and too quickly, and stop it getting too hot in your hands, unrolling the strip of lithium and separating it from the depolarizer part in a few seconds followed by a quick snip with a pair of scissors and doing whatever I'm going to do with it.)

Other batteries aren't so convenient, but the conventional Li ones are (not counting things like lithium-thionyl chloride cells which are filled with corrosive, acid-fuming, water/moisture reactive liquid SOCl2, those need special care taken with them, since the electrolyte will inflict SEVERE burns on flesh (got a nasty ass scar from the first time I found out about the existence of Li-SOCl2 cells, burnt its way right through my thick leather gloves, rusting the steel spines on them before my eyes and then disintegrating the gloves and chewing the skin off most of one of my hands after I tried opening one and didn't know what it was as a kid. But thankfully I had quite a few more (and big ones too) Li-SOCl2 batteries, and after realizing the nature of the contents, and after I'd regained the flesh of my burnt hand and a layer of skin over it, those I was a lot more careful with and managed to retrieve the FAR more valuable (than the Li content) thionyl chloride content and clean it up from the suspended bits of battery gunk.

Might just get to some digging around in my non-Li battery jar (those are kept separately for recycling the Li and anything else useful in there) and see what turns up. Wouldn't mind seeing if there are any nickel mesh sections to be ripped out of Ni-MH or better yet, Ni-Cd cells for stripping out the cadmium as well. Although its been difficult to come by those now, dead or alive, since Cd is toxic, similar to lead but more toxic AFAIK.  A bit of a bugger. Banning things like mercury cells pissed me off big time since Hg salts are useful and it was a lot cheaper per gram of Hg salt to gut batteries and get creative than to buy the needed salts. Might go see where my stash of silver oxide button batteries are so I can get the silver content out and smelt it down or else clean it up and use it for my chemistry tinkering.

Yep...I am definitely searching for something to do and the inspiration to decide on a specific 'something'. Plenty to choose from but I'm in one of those odd moods halfway between decisions and sort of need a poke in the right direction. Think I'll watch american dad on TV first and use the time to decide, do some reading online and get my inspiration that way.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4147 on: September 13, 2017, 07:46:46 PM »
Damn hun, whats wrong in the human side of things? I hope things work out for the best. Wish I could be there to sit by your side, if only to give company if wanted, comfort and to take over things when you become too tired, fetch food and drink and bring reading material. I hate hospitals, i know what its like. Especially being on the receiving end of course, its the bloody well pits. And they always majorly fuck my meds up if I have to go to the hospital closest here.
SO was had a workplace accident and tore his bicep and ripped the tendon off the bone. Had to have surgery on Monday but we can't control the swelling in his hand post op. which looks like a balloon about to pop.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4148 on: September 13, 2017, 09:40:42 PM »
Are you on a laptop or do you actually have the I2 app working from ER internet? (All hail ER's with internet connections.)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4149 on: September 13, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
Are you on a laptop or do you actually have the I2 app working from ER internet? (All hail ER's with internet connections.)
The ER internet was complete crap. Said I was connected but couldn't get anything to load. I had my iPad with me and used the Wifi from my phone.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4150 on: September 13, 2017, 10:08:57 PM »
Sounds like one of the ones I'm familiar with. I think they had some kind of super safe filter on there that blocked all unknown sites and just let people access the big ones like Google and AOL. Also the wifi was blocked in some areas, I assume so it didn't interfere with equipment.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4151 on: September 13, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »
Jesus fucking christ that has to HURT! I've got to deal with just tendonitis (well not JUST tendinitis, but plain vanilla variety for the tendinitis part of crap dealt with) and that hurts like a twat. Part of the reason I'm on morphine/oxy. I hope your other half will recover the use of their arm hun and that his pain is properly controlled, that he doesn't have to suffer a stingy prick of a doctor in that respect who doesn't give a shit (met too many of them, way too many

I know what you mean about massive swelling, that hurts itself, have had it like that in my leg after an infection that nearly did in part of my hip bone (thankfully it didn't quite get there) but fuck me, it felt like the skin around the affected area was going to split like a ripped seam. *best wishes to your SO miss K* get well soon mate, you've got lucky in that you have such a loving and kind young lady to come home to:)

And hospital internet is fucking awful. Any time in there if I have to go to hospital I make CERTAIN to bring laptop, charger and headphones. And here they try to charge you a minimum of £5 to £10 a DAY for use of their worthless, censored to fuck intershit connection. Made the mistake of paying them once and the damn thing was unusable, couldn't get on I2, couldn't login to my favoured clan.chem forum, utterly, utterly fucking useless. After that I brought my laptop and routed the connection through their network, which worked to bypass the lockouts, especially using encrypted browser traffic routing methods like TOR.

At least now I know how to get round those bollocksing blocks they impose. And buggered baclwards with a cricket bat if I'm paying those greedy pigfuckers £5 to £10 for 24 hours net access, thats shite to the point of being unusable to boot. I'm a damn adult, and I am paying for it, I want nothing short of perfect service from them.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4152 on: September 16, 2017, 02:25:55 AM »
Sounds like one of the ones I'm familiar with. I think they had some kind of super safe filter on there that blocked all unknown sites and just let people access the big ones like Google and AOL. Also the wifi was blocked in some areas, I assume so it didn't interfere with equipment.

Try the rotten WiFi at Dusseldorf Airport. That one's got to be the worst public WiFi I've experienced in a while.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4153 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »
Do they make you pay through the nose for it too?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4154 on: September 17, 2017, 11:38:30 PM »
There's a "premium" version of it that costs money and supposedly allows you to stream content. Free WiFi in airports is a relatively recent thing, in my experience, and quite a few of them are still limited in some way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein