Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67139 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4110 on: August 07, 2017, 02:42:01 AM »
Thinking I would have had more fun with Trigger and Phoenix trying not to sleep.

Short, lousy night, weird dreams. Drifted off watching inside a massive blender or so, with all kinds of recognisable bodyparts of lots of big creatures (mainly squid and human) amd tree trunks, changing into a wavy gory mess.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:57:54 AM by 'andersom' »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4111 on: August 07, 2017, 12:03:59 PM »
I must have logged off as you logged on.

Currently watching Carnival Eats.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4112 on: August 07, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »
Thinking about getting something to eat. I just realised it's been a while.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4113 on: August 08, 2017, 06:17:52 AM »
I'm making a pasta sauce as we speak. With minced beef and my own tomatoes (10) out of the garden. Onions and leek out of my sister's allotment. Pretty homemade and homegrown, I'd say.

*note to self.. don't forget to buy some Parmesan cheese this afternoon, luutje..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4114 on: August 08, 2017, 06:33:53 AM »
^ Yes! It would be a crime to have such a delicious meal with no parmesan! :laugh:

Currently sitting here thinking that the one big benefit to not sleeping well and starting the day so early means I get a lot done earlier in the day. Eggs are cooked for the dogs for the next 3 days, their raw food has been delivered and packed away in the freezer, note sent off to the youngest wishing her a happy first day at camp, SO has been dropped off at work, dishes washed, laundry done, dogs fed and my own breakfast done as well. Not bad.  :thumbup: Now watching the morning news and enjoying my hot chocolate.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4115 on: August 09, 2017, 03:37:58 AM »
^ Meal was delicious but the parmesan was/is ridiculous expensive. Not going to buy it at my nearby supermarket no more due to that. Um, that decision was made just after I ate the dish. My favorite cheesemonger, albeit a couple of kms away, sells a better one (or several, I think). Still not cheap.. but money better spend.. qualitywise.

Am now longing for my already third cup of coffee of the day and I'm reading my newspaper. Um, browsing here (obviously) too.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4116 on: August 09, 2017, 09:36:17 AM »
Procrastinating getting ready for work.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4117 on: August 09, 2017, 11:23:19 AM »
Not at this moment, but.....

I had a feeling that I had heard Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody at some point in my life, but it didn't make enough impression on me to be sure I had.  So I watched a youtube video.  The only part of the song I remember hearing (and NONE of the other parts, so it was probably a snippet for some ad or something) is what I call the "Mama Mia" part in the middle.  I actually thought it was part of the Mama Mia score. 

I'll stick to bagpipes, Steam Powered Giraffe and classical music.  You need not worry that I'll steal Queen's music or songs.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4118 on: August 12, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »
Just made a late night hot chocolate (craving) and watching Dr. Strange with the SO.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4119 on: August 14, 2017, 01:29:53 PM »
That's SO Strange. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4120 on: August 15, 2017, 12:12:05 AM »
Looking up to see where I can find the best deal on a positive-pressure, compressor-fed full face and head gas mask and NBC suit.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4121 on: August 15, 2017, 03:09:37 AM »
Looking up to see where I can find the best deal on a positive-pressure, compressor-fed full face and head gas mask and NBC suit.
The neighbours will feel reassured should they see you outside with that on. :D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #4122 on: August 15, 2017, 04:34:23 AM »
The neighbours will feel reassured should they see you outside with that on. :D

:lol1: I can imagine!
:dog:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4123 on: August 15, 2017, 04:52:52 AM »
  Getting high as a fucking kite on music and caffeine!   :notes: :coffee:  :notes:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4124 on: August 15, 2017, 05:15:32 AM »
Well it isn't like they haven't seen me setting up a distillation apparatus, with the whole thing under argon (inert, unreactive gaseous element), whilst wearing a full length thick, heavy leather trenchcoat, an old one of mine I use as a labcoat, because unlike the typical thin cotton labcoats, it'll take significantly more time for something corrosive or poisonous to soak through about 2/3 of a centimeter of thick, solid leather, putting on first a set of medical-type short gloves, then fitting a set of elbow-length heavy, fairly chemical and very solvent-resistant rubber over-gloves, and sliding those over the outside of the coat sleeves, attaching them with duct tape, donning first a gas mask, changing to make sure fresh-from-pack new filter canisters were fitted in both ports, checking the valves, checking the suction whilst blocking the outside of the canisters, before donning first goggles then a full-face blast shield, before starting to get to work on something involving a big flask of industrial-grade concentrated hypochlorite bleach, several gallons of fuming hydrochloric acid, a condenser packed with iodine, and unfortunately, having to replace the plastic keck-clips I had at the time (I since, now, have stainless steel ones, but couldn't have used them anyway with that) and then starting to pump chlorine gas in through the column packed with lumps of iodine, the entire setup first being thoroughly dried, then purged with argon, and a fairly intricate DIY-ed setup for a suck-back arrester and then outlet for any and all fumes into a saturated sodium carbonate solution, using one-way valves, and wrapping a lot of things in a LOT of teflon tape. All the while looking like something you'd expect to see in a movie featuring something like a special forces chemical weapons response team member, only with a gas tank in his hand rather than a silenced MP5 submachinegun, breathing with a sound reminiscent of darth vader.

I may be Kanner's, but even I can realize that that is not, what one would call a particularly subtle set of apparel.  And if it was to be taken as such, the all-glass syringe for harvesting the product, without any rubber, plastic or metal parts, along with a teflon-tape-wrapped (and heavily so) chemically resistant glass (possibly fused quartz, not sure, pigs left them here once) and they have both a teflon (or something like it, that is HIGHLY resistant to the nastiest, most aggressive things I've ever been able to expose the plastic part to, but an under-cap flexi-seal too, so with pressure applied by tightening, it locks vapors in, and it too is resistant as hell to acids, bases, solvents and some pretty brutal oxidizers and some strong, highly alkaline reducing agents, as well as halogens, and whats more, keep them in there) Only have a few of those bottles but they are damn useful for keeping the very most virulent of the things I have in the lab tightly secured, put in the chemical fridge, and they stay there once so put, with a big skull-and-crossbones and the words 'WARNING! AIR AND WATER SENSITIVE! REACTS VIOLENTLY, TOXIC, CORROSIVE' on the side, and a smaller skull-and-crossbones inked on the top of the cap. That would have probably given the game away so to speak if nothing about the hazmat gear did:P

And for the most dangerous kinds of things I end up making or using, I tend to do such work in the dead of night, outside on a portable folding bench and a long steel adjustable microphone stand for securing things to, precisely because I cannot afford for, and wouldn't stand for the neighbors being exposed to dangerous or potentially/likely lethal chemicals.

Although some of the things I have done at fr.ex 5AM-6AM with a microwave, a vacuum pump and various glassware, or else a big power supply (about 35-36 amps, the old one I had that died/got murdered), a crucible full of searing hot molten caustic, a tank of inert gas and a bath of molten lead, plus the obligatory face shield, goggles, gloves, heavy coat, pairs of tongs, a blowtorch plus a couple of wires with a pair of nickel rods attached to the ends as electrodes, accompanied by showers of sparks and bright orange or purple flames (depending on whether it was sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide in the crucible sat in the molten lead bath) and a CRACKCRACKCRACKCRACKCRACK! noise like machinegun fire, as the odd  (well quite frequently actually) bits of molten sodium or potassium metal touched some stray air and blasted themselves either around the kitchen or over the garden in trails of hissing, spitting, crackling popping molten and flaming metal. And more than a few fairly loud THUMP! noises when I tried a couple of times to make NaK alloy (succeeded in making it but couldn't isolate it with the setup I was using at the time, too reactive and just ignited the millisecond it rose above the bath of molten mixed caustic soda and caustic potash)

And lol CBC. Not got music on atm, but doing something similar just getting into a new and interesting good book, accompanied by some oxy, and a wee shot of morphine to top it off, all potentiated by the chlormethiazole I take to prevent seizures and the clonidine I use for stopping overloads or lessening their impact, plus the tizanidine I use as a muscle relaxer (its similar to clonidine but a far more powerful muscle relaxant). Eyelids are drooping a fair bit already. And I reckon before my appt with the eye hospital to check the burn I took to one of my eyeballs a while back thanks to the fucking pork, I've just enough time to finish the cold one I'm slurping away at  and perhaps a half corona cigar on the way in the car.

Hell, might even have time for another beer in fact.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:28:40 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.