Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235445 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #6870 on: October 02, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »
The clerk I talked to said the capsules would do the job.

But I doubt either would, anyway, cos the problem is largely mechanical. I suspect I need a round of surgery to reduce the problem. Apparently it's not unheard of--people who've had as many surgeries as me sometimes get these problems.

I am skeptical of this clerk.

Like hyke said, perhaps the bacteria is hiding out...try the towel trick... the thing about capsules is, its more expensive and the extra pill material is unnecessary. It might not even be as effective.

I'll try to get around to it, see if you are right.

Right now, though, I don't want to put anything even close to the eye.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6871 on: October 02, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »
Odeon, have you tried chloramphenicol eyedrops?

If not, its worth a shot, afaik it is OTC, just look round the pharmacies until you find one that has them, its not uncommon. I use them for a source of chloramphenicol to spike agar plates with after extracting it to separate from the phenylmercuric nitrate thats in it as a preservative.

I have not. The problem is that the eye is really, really sensitive these days. I have acquired weird allergies and adverse reactions for various substances I didn't even know one could be allergic to. probably a result of this past year's over consumption of eye drops in various forms.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6872 on: October 02, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, though, Lestat. +

I have to look it up.

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6873 on: October 03, 2013, 05:13:45 AM »
The clerk I talked to said the capsules would do the job.

But I doubt either would, anyway, cos the problem is largely mechanical. I suspect I need a round of surgery to reduce the problem. Apparently it's not unheard of--people who've had as many surgeries as me sometimes get these problems.

I am skeptical of this clerk.

Like hyke said, perhaps the bacteria is hiding out...try the towel trick... the thing about capsules is, its more expensive and the extra pill material is unnecessary. It might not even be as effective.

I'll try to get around to it, see if you are right.

Right now, though, I don't want to put anything even close to the eye.

Yeah...it should be a last resort actually because I am not 100% sure how it would go.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

TheoK

« Reply #6874 on: October 03, 2013, 05:15:51 AM »
Still having a cold and being dizzy  :thumbdn:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6875 on: October 03, 2013, 05:25:41 AM »
Odeon, I'd patch-test for allergies, to see if chloramphenicol is an issue.

Simply mark your arm, two circles, scratch and break the surface of the skin in each. One gets a couple of drops of chloramphenicol eyedrops worked into the minor wound and the other serves as a control, receiving nothing but clean, cool water.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6876 on: October 03, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »
Odeon, have you tried chloramphenicol eyedrops?

If not, its worth a shot, afaik it is OTC, just look round the pharmacies until you find one that has them, its not uncommon. I use them for a source of chloramphenicol to spike agar plates with after extracting it to separate from the phenylmercuric nitrate thats in it as a preservative.

I have not. The problem is that the eye is really, really sensitive these days. I have acquired weird allergies and adverse reactions for various substances I didn't even know one could be allergic to. probably a result of this past year's over consumption of eye drops in various forms.

Think that that chloramphenicol the first solution a gp prescribes here, when you come in with conjunctivitis. I've had it a few times.

Another popular solution is milk from a human female, who gave birth not too long ago. Chance of allergic reactions are slim. And it contains a mild natural antibiotic.
Long time ago, I would hand the valuable stuff to my neighbour, if all her kids were having pink eyes again.  :hyke: :hyke: :hyke:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:07:45 AM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6877 on: October 03, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Lol hyke, that is quite a strange, and most amusing mental picture, you coming round to somebody's house with a bottle of breast milk, freshly taken from your udders, for the mother of the family to pour in her kids' eyes :autism:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

TheoK

« Reply #6878 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:07 AM »
Back in the 19th Century and earlier people believed that blood from an executed criminal had magical powers and could heal many diseases.

They also believed that if the dead body got a hardon and ejaculated on one of the spectators that person was going to be extra fertile  :zombiefuck:

In my little part of the world women used to put menstrual blood in a man's food if they wanted him to get in love with them  :-\

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6879 on: October 03, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »
Lol hyke, that is quite a strange, and most amusing mental picture, you coming round to somebody's house with a bottle of breast milk, freshly taken from your udders, for the mother of the family to pour in her kids' eyes :autism:
Not a whole bottle, sweety. Just a bottom of a cup. First milk is the best, and, only a few drops per eye is needed.

Maybe it would be a treat for Odeon's sore eyes, if he got the medication straight from the source.  :bounce:  :zoinks:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6880 on: October 03, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »
The shit hit the fan today. Or at least refused to go down the drain. I've been busy flushing pipes most of the afternoon and evening, but there's still something blocking the bloody thing.

Ideas, anyone?
Have you already run the snake through the pipes?

Yup. And a pressure washer with 15 metres of hose. Whatever is blocking the pipes is further away than that, somewhere near the pump that is supposed to keep things flowing away from the house. Makes me think that the pump has nothing to work on.

Is the pump your responsibility or part of the local sewer system and is the pump readily  accessible. 
 15 meters away I am assuming is out in your yard it could be tree roots we have had that problem in the past, I have since cut every tree and bush down in that part of the yard the pipes go through.  A good rule of thumb with the trees is that the roots go out underground  at least as far as the branches do

The pump is our responsibility, yes, and it's in our yard and readily accessible. No tree roots but I suppose this could be caused by some other damage to the pipes.

For those of you who want to know what happened, the pump was replaced yesterday, to almost universal joy.  :poop: :tp:

Glad everything is on the move for you again :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6881 on: October 03, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
Not a whole bottle, sweety. Just a bottom of a cup. First milk is the best, and, only a few drops per eye is needed.

Maybe it would be a treat for Odeon's sore eyes, if he got the medication straight from the source.  :bounce:  :zoinks:

Wait, are you being serious or is it a joke about you being a cow?
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

TheoK

« Reply #6882 on: October 03, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »

Wait, are you being serious or is it a joke about you being a cow?

She is serious. Some of those old cures seem a bit odd today but they work.

When I was a kid and got a superficial wound on my hands or arms, my granddad used to lick on it. I thought it was quite bizarre, but later I realized that saliva from another person provokes the immune system to heal the wound faster.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6883 on: October 03, 2013, 10:50:17 PM »

I am willing to try this. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6884 on: October 03, 2013, 10:51:35 PM »
Odeon, I'd patch-test for allergies, to see if chloramphenicol is an issue.

Simply mark your arm, two circles, scratch and break the surface of the skin in each. One gets a couple of drops of chloramphenicol eyedrops worked into the minor wound and the other serves as a control, receiving nothing but clean, cool water.

Looked this up. It turns out that I have tried it. Hyke was right.

- Albert Einstein