Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234856 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #6795 on: September 28, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »
You mean there is no water in the pump?

I mean it has nothing to work on, yes.

Tomorrow I'll try to give it something to work on. Maybe, just maybe it'll be enough.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #6796 on: September 28, 2013, 03:52:20 PM »

Tomorrow I'll try to give it something to work on. Maybe, just maybe it'll be enough.

Is there a cleanout around where you think the blockage is?

Be careful when you take it out. All of the water you put in the pipes ended up somewhere.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6797 on: September 28, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »

Be careful when you take it out. All of the water you put in the pipes ended up somewhere.

There's no way I can just take it out. All I can hope for is to break it apart so that the pump creates enough of a suction to get the pieces and restore the flow.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6798 on: September 28, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »

Yep, be careful.... remembers the time the neighbor's pipe blocked carrying the gray water. Guy uncaps it and proceeds to unclog it by sticking a rod up the pipe while standing in front of it.

He got it unclogged. It washed his ass down the driveway and almost over the hill when it let loose. :LOL:

Every time you need a video camera you never have one.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6799 on: September 28, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »
May want to ask around and see if you can find someone with one of those drain cams they run on a snake.

We used one here (a section collapsed), you can basically pinpoint where you need to start digging too if need be with it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6800 on: September 28, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »
Will need a pro with a camera, unfortunately, if I can't fix this myself. I don't know anyone with the right kit.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6801 on: September 28, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »
Will need a pro with a camera, unfortunately, if I can't fix this myself. I don't know anyone with the right kit.

Borrow some of Lit's explosives. :arrr:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6802 on: September 28, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »

:zombiefuck:

The shit would REALLY hit the fan.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6803 on: September 28, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »

:zombiefuck:

The shit would REALLY hit the fan.

:poo:

Turn the fan off first. :thumbup:

TheoK

« Reply #6804 on: September 28, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
My throat is sore and it feels like I have fever  :thumbdn:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6805 on: September 28, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
Caustic isn't that bad at all really. Not in aq. solution.

The only time I have ever been burnt is when working with baths of the fused, liquified anhydrous hydroxide...now THAT is brutal, vicious stuff, molten caustic corrodes the electrodes I put in the baths as though they were scoured anew by the searing winds of hell itself. Don't want even to think what it would do were it to get on my skin in any great amount. Tiny, tiny specks have done, and that hurt enough.

Caustic in solution just makes my skin feel greasy, as the fat in the surface layers of skin get saponified. Just wash it straight off, as long as it isn't in your eyes (which REALLY fucking hurts) its fine.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6806 on: September 28, 2013, 06:07:54 PM »
Telfast is crap IMO, I get it on rx but never bother using it.

Casanova-different type of antihistamines that are used for stomach issues vs sickness. I unfortunately, have both. Vicious acid reflux, plus something as yet unknown that causes intermittent but prolonged bouts of violent vomiting, during which I can hold NOTHING down, save for sips of iced fruit juice or sucking ice cubes.

So I'm taking ranitidine (for my stomach) (along with a PPI) and chlorphenamine as a prophylactic against the oxy making me itch, I get telfast on rx also (fexofenadine), although I'm considering telling my doc just to drop that as I almost never use it, its complete fucking shite. Preferably to switch it to the sedating antihistamine cyclizine, which is REALLY effective for me against the nausea.

Quick bitch-I just found the wires on my lab power supply have fucking fused together from either overheating electrically or accidentally contacting a hotplate, torch, or somesuch. And I have to clean fucking verdigris off EVERYTHING thats made of brass in the lab, found there is a loose seal on my multi-gallon stock container of azeotropic hydrochloric acid. Corroded the brass ends of the plug for my damn microscope. Fixable easily, but mighty annoying, my lab scope is an expensive, high end model, going up to 2000x magnification, any permanent damage would be mighty fucking expensive to replace. I got lucky on ebay, still paid a couple of hundred $ for it, but I got lucky in that the indian seller was quite happy to mark the price down to a bit less than £20 on the customs forms, meaning that I didn't pay a penny in import duty :D

And Odeon, Lit is right, do try pouring some concentrated sulfuric down there, does a better job than caustic, 93% conc. H2SO4 is available from homebase or B&Q, it will be near the caustic soda, 'sugar soap' and other cleansing type chemicals. Its dyed purple, but still fine for many uses. Not ideal generally, but for pouring down a blocked shitter, it will do the job faster and more reliably than caustic. Just be aware that the contact between concentrated sulfuric and water is highly exothermic (gives off heat), and can spit, even boil the water if enough is added to a smaller quantity of water. And unlike caustic solution, concentrated sulfuric acid does not play games with flesh, it will burn instantly and severely, just pour some on sugar to see what its capable of.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6807 on: September 28, 2013, 07:21:57 PM »
The shit hit the fan today. Or at least refused to go down the drain. I've been busy flushing pipes most of the afternoon and evening, but there's still something blocking the bloody thing.

Ideas, anyone?
Have you already run the snake through the pipes?

Yup. And a pressure washer with 15 metres of hose. Whatever is blocking the pipes is further away than that, somewhere near the pump that is supposed to keep things flowing away from the house. Makes me think that the pump has nothing to work on.

Is the pump your responsibility or part of the local sewer system and is the pump readily  accessible. 
 15 meters away I am assuming is out in your yard it could be tree roots we have had that problem in the past, I have since cut every tree and bush down in that part of the yard the pipes go through.  A good rule of thumb with the trees is that the roots go out underground  at least as far as the branches do
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6808 on: September 28, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »
Some lowlife stole the Mercedes badge off my old car.

scum :'(

I'm sorry someone stole from you bodie. That wasn't a nice thing to do at all....that was a really malicious thing to do and anyone trying to pick on bodie better watch themselves....call in the troops! Sound the alarm! We're going to battle! :jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #6809 on: September 28, 2013, 11:13:10 PM »
I actually don't like having emblems on my car.  :trollface:

But then, I don't drive a Mercedes.

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted