Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230796 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #6450 on: July 28, 2013, 02:31:05 AM »
It's the last day of my vacation. Work starts tomorrow morning. >:(

I'd just started to relax and unwind.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #6451 on: July 28, 2013, 03:10:38 AM »
Pluit  :thumbdn:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6452 on: July 28, 2013, 11:50:17 AM »
Good thing you are healing. Sounds very painful, what you've been through.

Words are too weak to express the kind of pain involved in such a "procedure."

However, I am doing better with each coming day.  I actually made it all day today with just two ten MG Hydrocodone and a few aspirin, Tylenol and some Ibuprofen.

I am working my way OFF the opiates, despite the residual pain.!

Hope the recovering will accelerate over time.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6453 on: July 28, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
Another eye infection may be in the works.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6454 on: July 28, 2013, 04:21:44 PM »

Un-huh.  And you thought your Mother's advice on looking at Playboy was only an old-wives tale.  Weeee know what you've been doing.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6455 on: July 28, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »

Un-huh.  And you thought your Mother's advice on looking at Playboy was only an old-wives tale.  Weeee know what you've been doing.

Playboy is to blame? I'll sue that Hefner bastard. >:(

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6456 on: July 29, 2013, 08:18:19 AM »
Years after surgery, so long that I thought it wouldn't happen, my right jaw joint now cracks. It doesn't hurt but it is annoying.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6457 on: July 29, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »
Good thing you are healing. Sounds very painful, what you've been through.

I can only recommend it the most dire of circumstances. 

I was there last year, when I started to do research on the net to better understand what this procedure I was considering entailed.

The decision was a long hard won one, but the right one.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6458 on: July 29, 2013, 11:33:19 PM »
I'm worried I might end up on the surgeon's table, eventually. I don't want to. I'm not brave enough. :(

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6459 on: July 30, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »

Not true.

You have proven to be more than just brave on many occasions.  Wisdom comes in many forms!

I would not wish my annoyance upon my worst enemy, but, if need be, then need be.  It only takes one year, they say.

My arrival to acceptance of this was a slow, hard-fought journey, but in the long run, I am already better off than I was, even two or three years ago.

The worst part is NOT the horror of the pain of becoming used to the prosthesis, but the re-claiming of lost (really SORE now) muscles that have, over years, approached atrophy during my "denial period." 

Rebuilding muscles is the worst part AND, remember, I had an advantage above most others who have had this same procedure; I had a full year of prior physical therapy, keeping what muscle tone I DID have active, along with my having been in fairly amazing physical condition for someone my age from the outset.

Still, I am experiencing major "rebuilding of necessary muscle tissue" pain just due to the surgery.

Getting back to kicking my bag over my head again will have to wait a while, while I rediscover how to walk once again.

:violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6460 on: July 30, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »

Sorry, do not mean to wind on so, but I can not sleep and it is the opiates keeping me awake these days.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6461 on: July 30, 2013, 02:28:41 AM »
I'm worried I might end up on the surgeon's table, eventually. I don't want to. I'm not brave enough. :(

If the pain and discomfort becomes big enough, you will grow brave enough.

There are people who have more luck with recovering than DD has. By the time it is my turn, I hope I will be one of those people with luck. I know a woman who had a very easy first replacement. Her second hip replacement is a long and true pain in the ass for her though.

Sometimes I wonder if my turn will be before I turn fifty, on other days I think it may be decades away from me. Bad hips run in my family. And I passed the genes on.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6462 on: July 30, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
All the wallpaper came down, when I started painting it. AAAAAAARRRCCHHHH. I've painted it a few times before, always without a problem. There was wallpaper on the walls for a reason. Dark red and dark brown walls in mot too good a condition.
So, not finishing the kitchen today. Hope a second layer will cover the red and brown this evening. It is high quality latex, so, fortune could be on my side. No way I get the baseboards (more highboards) done twice today.

Have to work tomorrow. Living room is a mess, with all stuff from the kitchen dumped there, for what was to be just a couple of hours.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6463 on: July 30, 2013, 11:31:36 AM »
I forgot to pick up some stuff I need for work tomorrow when I was at the supply house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6464 on: July 30, 2013, 11:31:22 PM »

Not true.

You have proven to be more than just brave on many occasions.  Wisdom comes in many forms!

I would not wish my annoyance upon my worst enemy, but, if need be, then need be.  It only takes one year, they say.

My arrival to acceptance of this was a slow, hard-fought journey, but in the long run, I am already better off than I was, even two or three years ago.

The worst part is NOT the horror of the pain of becoming used to the prosthesis, but the re-claiming of lost (really SORE now) muscles that have, over years, approached atrophy during my "denial period." 

Rebuilding muscles is the worst part AND, remember, I had an advantage above most others who have had this same procedure; I had a full year of prior physical therapy, keeping what muscle tone I DID have active, along with my having been in fairly amazing physical condition for someone my age from the outset.

Still, I am experiencing major "rebuilding of necessary muscle tissue" pain just due to the surgery.

Getting back to kicking my bag over my head again will have to wait a while, while I rediscover how to walk once again.

:violin:

Thank you for the kind words, DD.

Good vibes, energy, healing, and everything else I can think of is hereby sent your way. :)

- Albert Einstein