Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233851 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #5655 on: April 25, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »
Because the codecs differ, or because the graphics drivers differ, or because you forgot some hidden setting?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5656 on: April 25, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »
  I just put this shirt on half an hour ago and already I've gotten a butter stain on it.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5657 on: April 25, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
Because the codecs differ, or because the graphics drivers differ, or because you forgot some hidden setting?

Codecs are something of a mystery to me, so I'll blame those.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5658 on: April 25, 2013, 06:15:25 PM »
  I just put this shirt on half an hour ago and already I've gotten a butter stain on it.  :tard:

but, you look so good in butter.

I just took off a shirt that had barbeque, salad dressing and egg stains on it.  I not only eat my food, I wear it proudly.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5659 on: April 25, 2013, 06:17:35 PM »
An intense rain storm went through here yesterday afternoon.  Two utility poles in our block were damaged.  The power company replaced one pole and re-routed around the one that was toppled so we now have electricity.  We were powerless for 25 hours.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5660 on: April 26, 2013, 01:44:49 AM »
An intense rain storm went through here yesterday afternoon.  Two utility poles in our block were damaged.  The power company replaced one pole and re-routed around the one that was toppled so we now have electricity.  We were powerless for 25 hours.

How quaint.

Even more wondrous than the archaic subway and rail system and the potholes in the streets is the system of distributing electric power to households and factories in large parts of the Northeastern United States. Power is often still carried on lines that hang in graceful catenaries of various depths from poles that lean left or right randomly but rarely stand straight. And which are vulnerable to powerful storms, like Hurricane Sandy.

When a German high-school classmate visited me, we came upon the intersection below, less than a mile from the center of Princeton, N.J. My friend burst out laughing at the abundance of wires in every direction, something he had seen only on his travels to the developing world.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5661 on: April 26, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »
Meanwhile, in Kenya:

Kenya Power will install underground cables in major towns to minimise power outages. Managing director Joseph Njoroge said yesterday this is part of both short and long term measures against constant power outages due to adverse weather conditions. Njoroge also said the power distributor does not plan to increase tariffs, adding any new levy adjustments would only be related to external loan repayments by the firm, which fluctuate on a monthly basis. “The monthly variations of fuel cost and forex charges are a function of quantity and cost of fuel used by thermal power generators and exchange rate.

These do not constitute a review of electricity tariffs,” said Njoroge. Heavy rains have been causing major power outages as falling trees, lightning, strong winds and flash floods damage power lines. “Since the onset of the long rains, we have witnessed an increase in the number of power outages across the country mainly due to such challenges,” said Njoroge. “We have designed a plan for underground cables in central business districts of Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru and Nyeri to minimise system disturbances caused by environmental effects,” he added.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5662 on: April 26, 2013, 09:02:01 AM »

How quaint.

Even more wondrous than the archaic subway and rail system and the potholes in the streets is the system of distributing electric power to households and factories in large parts of the Northeastern United States. Power is often still carried on lines that hang in graceful catenaries of various depths from poles that lean left or right randomly but rarely stand straight. And which are vulnerable to powerful storms, like Hurricane Sandy.

When a German high-school classmate visited me, we came upon the intersection below, less than a mile from the center of Princeton, N.J. My friend burst out laughing at the abundance of wires in every direction, something he had seen only on his travels to the developing world.

I agree it's quaint.  But then we have a very high water level (usually about 3 feet underground).  And most of the area is subsiding because it was swamp/marsh until recently (past 100 years or so).  The cost of installing and locating/repairing underground wires doesn't make economic sense. 

TheoK

« Reply #5663 on: April 26, 2013, 09:10:32 AM »
My prostate hurts. At least that's what it feels like  :thumbdn:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5664 on: April 26, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »
George Jones passed today :(

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5665 on: April 26, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »

Been having fun?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5666 on: April 26, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
I got stuck in the thumb with a razor blade, small cut but it bled a lot
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5667 on: April 26, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »
The telephone socket downstairs has gone on the blink, and I can't find the fault.  Also, why do some high-def mp4 videos play fine on my mum's laptop, but have the audio 3200ms ahead of the video on my desktop?

Graphics card/chip in the desktop isn't rendering fast enough. You can try updating the driver or updating the card if it isn't integrated into the motherboard.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5668 on: April 26, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »

You should have that checked by a qualified professional.   :nurse:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."