Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232545 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #5400 on: March 02, 2013, 02:57:48 AM »
Nine days of fever. WTF?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5401 on: March 02, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »
I'm off to the bowling alley with the PR.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #5402 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:05 AM »
Nine days of fever. WTF?

Not good big fella
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5403 on: March 02, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »
Nine days of fever. WTF?

Not good big fella

I'm told that this year's flu is like that. Well, one of them is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5404 on: March 02, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »
It's freezing in here.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #5405 on: March 02, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Went to safari park today.  I was reading about the individual types of animals there.  There was a little box at the end of each one that said 'population'.  Some of the numbers were low.  Real low.  As low as 50 - 100.  However i was gutted when i read about the white lion.  It just said  population - captivity only.  Very sad.
blah blah blah

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #5406 on: March 02, 2013, 12:57:06 PM »
White lions and tigers exist through captive inbreeding. Agreed, sad.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5407 on: March 02, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »
Went to safari park today.  I was reading about the individual types of animals there.  There was a little box at the end of each one that said 'population'.  Some of the numbers were low.  Real low.  As low as 50 - 100.  However i was gutted when i read about the white lion.  It just said  population - captivity only.  Very sad.

The white lion is occasionally found in wildlife reserves in South Africa and is a rare colour mutation of the Kruger subspecies of lion (Panthera leo krugeri). It has been perpetuated by selective breeding in zoos around the world. White lions are not a separate subspecies and they have been said to be indigenous to the Timbavati region of South Africa for centuries, although the earliest recorded sighting in this region was 1938. Regarded as divine by locals, white lions first came to public attention in the 1970s in Chris McBride's book The White Lions of Timbavati. Up until 2009, when the first pride of white lions was reintroduced to the wild, it was widely believed that the white lion could not survive in the wild. It is for this reason that, now, a large part of the population of white lions are in zoos.

White lions are not albinos. Their white colour is caused by a recessive gene known as the color inhibitor gene, distinct from the albinism gene. They vary from blonde through near-white. This coloration, however, does not appear to disadvantage their survival. The white lions of the Global White Lion Protection Trust (GWLPT) have been reintroduced into their natural habitat and have been hunting and breeding successfully without human intervention for a significant amount of time. White lions in South Africa are currently being bred almost exclusively for hunting, but Linda Tucker (the founder of GWLP and author of The Mystery of the White Lions) and her team are trying to change the South African hunting law.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5408 on: March 02, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »

The white lion is occasionally found in wildlife reserves in South Africa and is a rare colour mutation of the Kruger subspecies of lion (Panthera leo krugeri). It has been perpetuated by selective breeding in zoos around the world. White lions are not a separate subspecies and they have been said to be indigenous to the Timbavati region of South Africa for centuries, although the earliest recorded sighting in this region was 1938. Regarded as divine by locals,[1] white lions first came to public attention in the 1970s in Chris McBride's book The White Lions of Timbavati. Up until 2009, when the first pride of white lions was reintroduced to the wild, it was widely believed that the white lion could not survive in the wild. It is for this reason that, now, a large part of the population of white lions are in zoos.

White lions are not albinos. Their white colour is caused by a recessive gene known as the color inhibitor gene, distinct from the albinism gene. They vary from blonde through near-white. This coloration, however, does not appear to disadvantage their survival. The white lions of the Global White Lion Protection Trust (GWLPT) have been reintroduced into their natural habitat and have been hunting and breeding successfully without human intervention for a significant amount of time. White lions in South Africa are currently being bred almost exclusively for hunting, but Linda Tucker (the founder of GWLP and author of The Mystery of the White Lions) and her team are trying to change the South African hunting law.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #5409 on: March 02, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
Awesome looking beasts!  The male was sat on top of a hill watching his pride of 15.  He looked very impressive.   It is hard to tell the quality of life they have in captivity.  I am sure zoo's are hell for them.  At the safari park today i noticed they had a huge enclosure.  Probably about a quarter of the whole place!

A lioness was stripping a carcass of some sort of large animal,   likely a cow i guess.  She didn't hunt it.  That is probably the biggest difference to living in the wild.  Are those skills taught to the cubs, or would they instinctively be able to hunt if they were freed? 
blah blah blah

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5410 on: March 02, 2013, 06:59:50 PM »
inadvertantly left the water running in the kitchen sink, while I took a nap

thank goodness it wasnt running very hard

did have to spend a while sweeping water out the back door

it is a fact though, that is the cleanest my kitchen floor has been in a while

and the dishes are rinsed off real well also

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #5411 on: March 03, 2013, 02:55:00 AM »
would someone like to volunteer standing still while i shout rude words at them?

i would feel so much better afterwards.
blah blah blah

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #5412 on: March 03, 2013, 04:35:14 AM »
would someone like to volunteer standing still while i shout rude words at them?

shout away.

ON TOPIC: the TWO steaks i had for supper were WAY TO DAMN GOOD. it was like my mouth had an orgasm

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5413 on: March 03, 2013, 04:59:11 AM »

shout away.

ON TOPIC: the TWO steaks i had for supper were WAY TO DAMN GOOD. it was like my mouth had an orgasm

That's not a bitch, but I'm glad you enjoyed your supper.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #5414 on: March 03, 2013, 05:57:04 AM »

shout away.

That's not a bitch, but I'm glad you enjoyed your supper.  :)

yes it was. there were TOO good. it was not a good thing, what if someone tried to kill me while i was eating them! i would have been way to absorbed in the savory juices and tender flesh to react in time to save my bacon!.... mmmmm bacon!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!