Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232669 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #5070 on: January 03, 2013, 06:21:04 PM »
I don't mind the cold so much as the shitty air quality that comes with it.

That's my problem. :P
The cold takes my breath away too quickly.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5071 on: January 04, 2013, 07:39:30 AM »
I had to pick up a refill of my meds yesterday...I turned up before half 8 in the morning, only to find the ONLY appointment they had left with my doc was 6:30pm. I should have taken all my meds shortly after getting them in the morning. So I was feeling worn out,shitty and withdrawing due to the timing.

All the local small pharmacies were closed by the time I got my scripts, so I went to 2 boot's stores, no luck, likewise for 2 tesco and sainsburys each, and all the damn places either had nothing I needed or closed right as I got there.

By the time I got to an allnight pharmacy in manchester town center...only to find they apparently had no oxycontin 80s in stock....but they said they had SOME, but not all of my meds. And the damn paki pig at the counter was more interested in chittering on in some middle eastern language or other to other pakis in there rather than dispensing my meds.

Fucking raghead kept me waiting, for three and a half fucking hours, sat on my arse in there, in withdrawal from my pain meds and anticonvulsant, as well as adrenal blocking meds amongst other things.

Although I eventually found out, just before leaving, that they DID have oxy 80s. just a very few of them, enough to hold me for the night, and today, to go in today and pick up the rest of what they now owe me.

What a fucking piss take. Wasn't that far from cunting midnight by the time I got home and got to take my meds.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #5072 on: January 04, 2013, 10:32:53 AM »
Poor kid :(

It must be so unfair having withdrawal from something you aren't even addicted to.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5073 on: January 04, 2013, 01:32:48 PM »
The insurance company totaled my son's car,  not sure exactly why it was not that bad.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5074 on: January 04, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »
They did? How old was it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5075 on: January 04, 2013, 03:05:11 PM »
Must have had a good deal of front end damage underneath, or the price of parts/labor exceded the value of the car.

Doesn't take much anymore, had a friend that got tapped in the front in a parking lot when someone backed in to her, didn't look like much of anything, just a small dent to the front... she said she didn't think much of it, get out exchange info, survey the dent, go get the shopping done, no biggie... until she found out she couldn't open the doors on the car.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5076 on: January 04, 2013, 04:53:30 PM »
It was an 2007 Cobalt with less than 90k miles on it.   It really wasn't that bad, new hood, grill bumper and quarter panel.  The air bags did not go off, the radiator was still intact and it ran. The insurance company hesitated on totaling it and sent people out to look at it again,  after the shop sent them an estimate.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5077 on: January 04, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »
Once my son falls a sleep, it's nearly impossible to make him go back to sleep. He falls asleep in the car on the way home and he woke up when I got him out of his car seat. I tried to put him down for a nap again since he wasn't a sleep that long and he wouldn't go back to sleep. So I gave up after trying for an hour. Then my husband tries and he goes to sleep. On Facebook, someone on my friends was also having the same problem with her child who is the same age as my son. She also gave up. *Knows she is not alone*

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #5078 on: January 04, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
Totaling means the repairs will cost more than the car is worth, or so we are told. It could be more than they want to pay.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5079 on: January 04, 2013, 08:34:36 PM »
Who the fuck are you calling kid MLA:?

Don't condescend to me fucker
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5080 on: January 04, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »
I bought a purse from the thrift store for $2.50.  While I was putting my stuff in it I found a gift card.  Called up and the gift card has a $38 balance.  The bitch is that it's to a very very expensive store and nothing that I want can be bought for $38.  I guess I'll try selling it on the internet.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5081 on: January 05, 2013, 04:31:34 AM »
It was an 2007 Cobalt with less than 90k miles on it.   It really wasn't that bad, new hood, grill bumper and quarter panel.  The air bags did not go off, the radiator was still intact and it ran. The insurance company hesitated on totaling it and sent people out to look at it again,  after the shop sent them an estimate.

Feels like someone's easy way out rather than a high cost. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5082 on: January 05, 2013, 06:51:55 AM »
I bought a purse from the thrift store for $2.50.  While I was putting my stuff in it I found a gift card.  Called up and the gift card has a $38 balance.  The bitch is that it's to a very very expensive store and nothing that I want can be bought for $38.  I guess I'll try selling it on the internet.

Now my bitch is that the purse I bought from the thrift store for €2,50 did not contain such a card.  :o

Nah, my bitch is that within two days, it had a similar defect to the one that I bought it for as a replacement.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #5083 on: January 05, 2013, 09:12:20 AM »
The company that provides me with gas (methane/ethane/propane/dunno) and electricity rips me off by a little over €600 a year I found out today.. whilst comparing providers online. Those frikkin' mother fuckers. I'm going to look into the fee part (for breaking the contract) tomorrow and will take action/change provider of both.. if that's the sensible thing to do.

Most other providers will be happy to pay said fee for you, if you change.
But, they don't have to be cheaper for real.

I changed a while ago, got a welcome gift, and my fee paid. Turned out, they were not cheaper, there were some hidden costs. So, within a year, I went back to my old provider, who was willing to pay the fee for leaving the new one. I did end up with a better contract than I had in the beginning with the same provider I was with before switching.

I've changed gas/electricity providers twice before. From Essent to Oxxio.. with the feeling the first ripped me off.. but only to find out the latter wasn't much better, second year/cost-wise, either. Switched from Oxxio to NEM two years later.. blah. Hardly any difference.

Trouble here, I reckon, is that I use 'old', not very economical, electrical machines, like washmachine, dryer, fridge, freezer, ceremic hot plates, etc. Most of them are older than ten years. Nowadays those elec. devices are way way more economical than the bunch I use.

But ja, I'm not going to replace stuff that still does the job quite okay.

Well, I haven't switched providers (of elec. and gas) yet and might not do so soon either. Too much other shite going on here and ja, could do without the (changing) stress now, tbh.

The big bitch is (my opinion) that Dutchland shouldn't have sold out (privatize) 'our' gas and electricity companies (10?) years ago. Those are basic human needs and the hunt for profits (or double digits % growth) in those fields is.. ja, disgusting, imo.   

*farts*
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:15:51 AM by lutra »
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5084 on: January 05, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »
My father is making me crazy :GA:  Well crazier since I was already a bit crazy to begin with :P

George Bernard Shaw