Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231630 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #4635 on: November 15, 2012, 10:15:11 PM »
Was doing a load of wash and it became uneven, causing the washing machine to jump about. Apparently it jumped so far forward that I couldn't open the friggin laundry room door! It bounced a good foot forward and was pushed up against the door. After nearly having a meltdown (anxiety ridden day, last thing I needed, in that machine was my only bedding set to my own bed yadda yadda yadda) I went and got my mop, used the handle to push against part of the washer and rock it hard enough to get it over enough to open the door.

I feel smart. :P And now my laundry room door is staying OPEN while the machine is one.  :autism:

Is your machine well placed? Placing it really horizontal can prevent the jumping about for a lot of washing machines.
okay I'm completely stumped. What does "really horizontal" mean? Like more horizontal than it currently is? :laugh: It's a top loader and in that room there's only space for three things. The washer, the dryer, and the sink that's in between the two.
She may mean plumb.

Maybe the laundry room floor slopes a bit.  :nerdy:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4636 on: November 15, 2012, 10:19:49 PM »
Was doing a load of wash and it became uneven, causing the washing machine to jump about. Apparently it jumped so far forward that I couldn't open the friggin laundry room door! It bounced a good foot forward and was pushed up against the door. After nearly having a meltdown (anxiety ridden day, last thing I needed, in that machine was my only bedding set to my own bed yadda yadda yadda) I went and got my mop, used the handle to push against part of the washer and rock it hard enough to get it over enough to open the door.

I feel smart. :P And now my laundry room door is staying OPEN while the machine is one.  :autism:

Is your machine well placed? Placing it really horizontal can prevent the jumping about for a lot of washing machines.
okay I'm completely stumped. What does "really horizontal" mean? Like more horizontal than it currently is? :laugh: It's a top loader and in that room there's only space for three things. The washer, the dryer, and the sink that's in between the two.
She may mean plumb.

I don't *think* it does (tested it by placing a cat ball in the room to see if it rolls since I can't be arsed to go get my level) and it didn't budge :laugh:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4637 on: November 15, 2012, 10:23:14 PM »

She may mean plumb.

I don't *think* it does (tested it by placing a cat ball in the room to see if it rolls since I can't be arsed to go get my level) and it didn't budge :laugh:

Whenever my digital scale reads high, I blame the floor.  :M :P

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4638 on: November 16, 2012, 12:15:59 AM »
Yeah, I think I will. I will go tomorrow to make an earlier appointment (I never ring). It is weird because I don't use my left eye much but this has become really noticeable and annoying. My right eye seems fine, it is just my left.

It's worth investigating. I know your problems are similar to mine and I suspect you tend to notice changes as quickly as I do.
Yeah, I am a lot fussier about my eyesight now than I used to be. And I am always scared something bad will happen. I think about it a lot, probably more than I should.

I have an appointment next Tuesday, it was the soonest one I could get.

I went to apply for a house today and it turns out it is already taken. I had all the paperwork ready, too.  >:(
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:22:53 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #4639 on: November 16, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »

She may mean plumb.
I'm still clueless. I'm sure she'll explain and then I'll get it and do this -->  :facepalm2: because it would be completely obvious but it's just that I was having a   :autism: moment and you'll come back and do this -->  :hahaha: and then all will be right in the land of I2 again  :orly:
:hahaha: :autism:

P7PSP

« Reply #4640 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:35 AM »
I'm nauseaus after working with barium chlorate, but the green it gives is superior to anything else  :-\

Could there be long-term ill effects from working with that stuff?  :-\
Lit musty suffer  :viking: for his art. Keep your OSHA ass out of it missy.  :police:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4641 on: November 16, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »
Time to get a new pair of ear phones.  I've already repaired my old Sennheiser CX 95's a bunch of times with solder and copious amounts of tape, but they've pretty much had it.

Fixed my old ones for the moment with some more tape.  Still trying to figure out what their replacement should be; preferably something that'll stand up to a couple of years of daily use.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4642 on: November 16, 2012, 04:42:53 AM »
Must it be in-ear, Peter?

My bitch is that my left eye is trying to kill me. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4643 on: November 16, 2012, 06:00:28 AM »
My hair. I want to set it on fire :mad:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4644 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01:16 AM »
If you do, post pics.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4645 on: November 16, 2012, 06:07:00 AM »
 :laugh:

It's just such a frizzy mop! My old ponytail was way better than this.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4646 on: November 16, 2012, 06:38:12 AM »
I'm nauseaus after working with barium chlorate, but the green it gives is superior to anything else  :-\

Lit musty suffer  :viking: for his art. Keep your OSHA ass out of it missy.  :police:

But we don't want him to get any crazier sicker than he already is.  :police:

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4647 on: November 16, 2012, 03:40:08 PM »
Must it be in-ear, Peter?

In-ear works pretty well for me; I find it more comfortable and less intrusive than other types, and speakers aren't an option.  I couldn't find CX-95's for sale from anywhere reputable, so I ordered some CX 300-II's from Amazon.  Judging by the pic, I'm not sure they'll fit as securely as the CX-95's, but it's the best I could find in the <£30 price range.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #4648 on: November 16, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »

And is your work area properly ventilated?  :orly:

It's in powder form, although dust of it isn't healthy.

No, there are no long-term ill effects. If you get poisoned for real from it, it happens pretty quickly. It doesn't accumulate in the body.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4649 on: November 16, 2012, 05:30:01 PM »

And is your work area properly ventilated?  :orly:

It's in powder form, although dust of it isn't healthy.

No, there are no long-term ill effects. If you get poisoned for real from it, it happens pretty quickly. It doesn't accumulate in the body.

No long-term ill effects.  Just one short-term ill effect, death.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: