Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234098 times)

TheoK

Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #4425 on: October 25, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »
Probably. Yet the power company billed every customer 700 kronor extra for cutting the shit down some years ago  :grrr:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4426 on: October 25, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »
Probably. Yet the power company billed every customer 700 kronor extra for cutting the shit down some years ago  :grrr:

If it was years ago, some of them could have grown back in that time.

TheoK

« Reply #4427 on: October 25, 2012, 02:47:50 PM »
Well, they inspect the lines with a helicopter every year, so it is beyond me how they can miss any branches.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4428 on: October 25, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »
Well, they inspect the lines with a helicopter every year, so it is beyond me how they can miss any branches.

I don't know how they can miss them with a helicopter, but it was a pretty common problem where I grew up and the power company had people walking the lines all the time, checking them.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4429 on: October 25, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »
We had a power outage yesterday, too. No electricity for roughly 12 hours, and it was COLD outside.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4430 on: October 26, 2012, 03:19:17 AM »

I don't know how they can miss them with a helicopter, but it was a pretty common problem where I grew up and the power company had people walking the lines all the time, checking them.

Here we just bury the lines, and the ones that aren't buried are on tall transmission pylons, usually up on the moors where there aren't any trees (since we're a sensible country that cut down 99% of our forests centuries ago).
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4431 on: October 26, 2012, 05:19:29 AM »
Here they used to trim them, and the contractors they used to hire kept cutting through lines and having accidents.

I knew someone's husband that was one of them, he slipped and cut through a main line causing a ton of damage...seriously would have never let the guy run my weedeater. I think he was finally laid off 2 years later when he rolled their truck.

Now they only come out and trim something if it's definately causing a problem by hanging on the line, no more preventive maintenence...and then they only trim the branches that are posing a problem.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4432 on: October 26, 2012, 08:32:57 AM »

Here we just bury the lines, and the ones that aren't buried are on tall transmission pylons, usually up on the moors where there aren't any trees (since we're a sensible country that cut down 99% of our forests centuries ago).

They bury a lot of them here, too.

However, we still have many power lines on tall transmission lines that run through forests with tall trees.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4433 on: October 26, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »
I wonder how much energy it takes to come off as incredibly sincere, when it's so obvious to everyone else that sincere is something they're not.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4434 on: October 26, 2012, 02:14:14 PM »
I wonder how much energy it takes to come off as incredibly sincere, when it's so obvious to everyone else that sincere is something they're not.

Depends.  Comes as second nature to certain personality types (disorders), so isn't any work at all.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4435 on: October 26, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »
I had the remains of a migraine this morning when I woke up
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4436 on: October 27, 2012, 01:52:06 AM »
I have a sore throat and I think I'm running a fever.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4437 on: October 27, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »

Depends.  Comes as second nature to certain personality types (disorders), so isn't any work at all.
Very true. Never thought of it that way.

It's been raining for 2 days already and it will continue for another 6 due to hurricane Sandy.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4438 on: October 27, 2012, 08:01:15 PM »
Its pretty much the natural baseline for the sociopath or psychopath personality type miss K.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4439 on: October 27, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
Its pretty much the natural baseline for the sociopath or psychopath personality type miss K.
I was sitting here trying to figure out what that had to do with my comment about Hurricane Sandy. I had forgotten I also commented on my older post. :laugh: