Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232616 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #4395 on: October 19, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »
I wish my Gram could just let go. She's now on nothing but liquids. No meds (unless needed for pain) and oxygen if she feels she needs it. She hasn't been able to open her eyes, or talk, but then yesterday had a 'bout of chattiness followed by a crash  :dunno: The waiting feels worse than when the call will come.  :-\ I'm going to see her tomorrow. Some one on one time is what I need right now.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4396 on: October 20, 2012, 01:55:23 AM »
Whatever it is that I was coming down with is finally here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4397 on: October 20, 2012, 07:24:11 AM »
I feel even MORE pressure about this stupid calendar because now Odeon's anxiety is involved. I feel like I must solve this for the greater good of us all :P

:laugh:
:indeed:

There's a noble and important task awaiting you.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4398 on: October 20, 2012, 07:27:19 AM »
Our house has no electricity today so dad and I went over to his brother's place and my son is trying to get into stuff so I keep chasing him around. I should have brought more toys with.

You could have made it an adventure, with candles, huge blanket fortresses and blankets.

That's what I would have done I guess. Though girls are now more in the mood of curling up in blankets, with tea, (I have a furnace that doesn't need electricity) cookies, and candle light.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4399 on: October 20, 2012, 07:28:19 AM »
I wish my Gram could just let go. She's now on nothing but liquids. No meds (unless needed for pain) and oxygen if she feels she needs it. She hasn't been able to open her eyes, or talk, but then yesterday had a 'bout of chattiness followed by a crash  :dunno: The waiting feels worse than when the call will come.  :-\ I'm going to see her tomorrow. Some one on one time is what I need right now.

:hug:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4400 on: October 20, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »

:hug:   from me too, so sorry you are losing her.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4401 on: October 20, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
I really feel for you miss K *squeezes tightly*

I'm sorry to hear about you losing your grandmother, sounds like she means a great deal to you hun. I know there is nothing I can do to help, but I want you to know you are both in my thoughts; for what thats worth.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4402 on: October 20, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »
My daughter's first Show Choir concert Was fun. Hey, they are not that bad at all!!

I was one of many who brought a camcorder or a "phone" of sorts to hold up and record the event.

However, I seemed to be the only one who actually brought a tripod for my HD camcorder, laptop, and a hi-res stereo recording device to the event.

:dunno:

I was the PsychoDad!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4403 on: October 21, 2012, 03:19:13 AM »
My daughter's first Show Choir concert Was fun. Hey, they are not that bad at all!!

I was one of many who brought a camcorder or a "phone" of sorts to hold up and record the event.

However, I seemed to be the only one who actually brought a tripod for my HD camcorder, laptop, and a hi-res stereo recording device to the event.

I was the PsychoDad!

Production values are important. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4404 on: October 21, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »

I was the PsychoDad!

You probably will get requests for copies.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4405 on: October 21, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »
There were a lot of very rude people at the flea market today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4406 on: October 21, 2012, 06:06:10 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about you losing your grandmother, sounds like she means a great deal to you hun. I know there is nothing I can do to help, but I want you to know you are both in my thoughts; for what thats worth.

Thanks guys :hug:

It was a very eye opening experience. She was chatty again although couldn't keep her eyes open. Everyone seems to skirt around the topic of death, but she and I always had a very open and honest relationship. At one point she had been sleeping and then all of a sudden she whispered "A penny for your thoughts." So I said "I feel like this is our last goodbye" and she said "that's because it is honey." And so it went....we talked about death, about how all of "her girls" are in town (I come from a long line of strong women, thanks to her) and we're all here to support each other so that she can let go. She smiled. Never opened her eyes. Then we had an hour long heart to heart as she faded in and out. leaving was hard knowing I won't see her again. I don't remember the last time I cried that hard but there was absolutely nothing more I could have wished for. She knows I'm the mother and women I am today in large part to her. My thanking her was the only thing that made her cry. As far as goodbyes go, that was pretty beautiful. :heart: So now I wait.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

P7PSP

« Reply #4407 on: October 22, 2012, 12:06:56 AM »

It was a very eye opening experience. She was chatty again although couldn't keep her eyes open. Everyone seems to skirt around the topic of death, but she and I always had a very open and honest relationship. At one point she had been sleeping and then all of a sudden she whispered "A penny for your thoughts." So I said "I feel like this is our last goodbye" and she said "that's because it is honey." And so it went....we talked about death, about how all of "her girls" are in town (I come from a long line of strong women, thanks to her) and we're all here to support each other so that she can let go. She smiled. Never opened her eyes. Then we had an hour long heart to heart as she faded in and out. leaving was hard knowing I won't see her again. I don't remember the last time I cried that hard but there was absolutely nothing more I could have wished for. She knows I'm the mother and women I am today in large part to her. My thanking her was the only thing that made her cry. As far as goodbyes go, that was pretty beautiful. :heart: So now I wait.
Be tough MK.  :viking: :hug:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4408 on: October 22, 2012, 01:37:30 AM »
She is a strong lass, miss K. I've never met her in person (although I would love to some day :)), but I can tell she is one tough cookie.

Hang in there MK, we all care about you here *hugs*
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4409 on: October 22, 2012, 03:28:06 AM »

Hope for both of you that the waiting won't be too long.