Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234089 times)

P7PSP

Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #4245 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »
The clothes line PA hung under the carport fell down.  It had only been up for 22 years.  Things just don't seem to last.  He put the screw back into anothe hole in the wood and it's back up.
All things must pass
My favorite post Beatle of the bunch.  :thumbup:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4246 on: October 01, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
I don't think I'll have my store come January. Not because of anything I did. My rescue says I've gone above and beyond what has been asked of me but the store keeps claiming "sick cats" and the number of cats being pulled is extremely high but the number who are actually sick are few. I just lost my second foster. They're not willing to put their cats in the store because of the all the issues. So. friggin. stressful.  :(

I'm so sorry, what will you do after this?  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4247 on: October 01, 2012, 07:29:04 PM »
I don't think I'll have my store come January. Not because of anything I did. My rescue says I've gone above and beyond what has been asked of me but the store keeps claiming "sick cats" and the number of cats being pulled is extremely high but the number who are actually sick are few. I just lost my second foster. They're not willing to put their cats in the store because of the all the issues. So. friggin. stressful.  :(

I suspect my boss will ask me to take over another store. The one I think she'll give me is much closer to my house (15 mins vs current one is 45 mins) which is great except the woman who would work directly under me is really nice but a complete type A personality and she drives me bonkers. Everything has to be "just so" or else she flips out. :P I like her as a person, but find working with her to be stressful so I don't know.  :-\

Part of me thinks it could be good to take a hiatus because running a store has been pretty intense, but the oldest would be devastated to lose his volunteer job.

I really like my store and I don't want to lose it. I wish it was within my control but if managers are freaking out and unwilling to calm down and realize that cats have quirks and every sneeze doesn't mean they're dying from an URI, then there's not much I can do. I also really like the managers. It just sucks.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4248 on: October 01, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »

I suspect my boss will ask me to take over another store. The one I think she'll give me is much closer to my house (15 mins vs current one is 45 mins) which is great except the woman who would work directly under me is really nice but a complete type A personality and she drives me bonkers. Everything has to be "just so" or else she flips out. :P I like her as a person, but find working with her to be stressful so I don't know.  :-\

Part of me thinks it could be good to take a hiatus because running a store has been pretty intense, but the oldest would be devastated to lose his volunteer job.

I really like my store and I don't want to lose it. I wish it was within my control but if managers are freaking out and unwilling to calm down and realize that cats have quirks and every sneeze doesn't mean they're dying from an URI, then there's not much I can do. I also really like the managers. It just sucks.

I hope you land someplace where you can continue to do good.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4249 on: October 01, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »
The clothes line PA hung under the carport fell down.  It had only been up for 22 years.  Things just don't seem to last.  He put the screw back into anothe hole in the wood and it's back up.
All things must pass

I was wondering, if anyone would catch on to that phrase :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4250 on: October 01, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
All things must pass

I have two. George and--well, guess which one the other is. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4251 on: October 02, 2012, 02:08:52 PM »
Joseph, he who was 'hung' like a camel, Fartnovsjenko.. again I've fucked up posting something here. Um, one stupid action.. and all text (very very very important text, I must add :/sarc:) was gone.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4252 on: October 02, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »
Hips are hurting bad enough to think about visiting the GP.

But, since his answer probably will be that it is all stress induced, or that it will pass, once the kids are fully grown, I refrain from calling him.

First time I went to see this GP about it, was when the oldest was a couple of months old. He told me all my hip problems would be gone when the kids were grown up. Answered him: "Had I known that, I would have started with kids so much sooner, this has been bothering me since I am 13." He did not get what I meant.....
He sucks when it comes to hips with all people, and, the other GP apparently isn't any better.  My neighbour got a referral for a hip replacement by a doctor at work, the ones here never saw that her pains had to do with serious hip-problems.

Guess calling the physiotherapist will be a better idea, for me.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4253 on: October 02, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »
Youngest took the dog out for a run in the front yard and then started yelling that "Horton keeps rolling in mud and it's ALLLLL over him!!" So I go to look and uh....it's not mud. :P

:poop:

Yanno, it's one thing when it's your own dog who rolls in poop, it's a whole new ballgame when it's someone else's dog and you realize you're not prepped for dog bathing. So impromptu doggie grooming session took place and now pup is clean and happy. :laugh:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

P7PSP

« Reply #4254 on: October 02, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »
All things must pass

I have two. George and--well, guess which one the other is. :zoinks:
:apondering:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #4255 on: October 02, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
My eye hurts.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4256 on: October 02, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »
I had to re wrap my extension cords today after someone else wrapped them up wrong after I told them not to.  And yes I am a bit OCD about how they are put away
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4257 on: October 02, 2012, 11:08:13 PM »
I had to re wrap my extension cords today after someone else wrapped them up wrong after I told them not to.  And yes I am a bit OCD about how they are put away

You must kill them! :arrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4258 on: October 03, 2012, 06:50:36 AM »
Supposed to get carport truckport :icequeen: put up today, damn rain. :P

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4259 on: October 04, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Trouble with getting the settings right on the machine today led clogs and mess.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw