Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234982 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #4185 on: September 27, 2012, 06:54:27 PM »
Teeth grinding causes massive headaches.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

P7PSP

« Reply #4186 on: September 27, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
There are quite a few cognitive enhancers (known as nootropics) on the market now.

Very few are used in western countries in general medical practice, most are bought online.

The 'racetams are the classic example, piracetam was the first IIRC, although one of the weakest, its also one of the cheapest. The mechanism of action is poorly understood, some are known to be positive allosteric modulators of the AMPA type ionotropic glutamate receptor, enhancing longterm potentiation and improving memory formation/consolidation, attention focus and inducing release of acetylcholine.

They all show an excellent level of safety, being pretty much completely nontoxic, even in large overdoses, with the sole exception of nefiracetam, which has been shown to cause testicular atrophy in dogs, which IIRC can be permanent.

IMO pramiracetam is the best of the 'racetam family, although also the most expensive, phenylpiracetam sounds like another real gem, but I haven't tried it for myself, its hard to find.

Another option might be cholinesterase inhibitors, such as tacrine, rivastigmine, huperzine-A, and galantamine (galantamine also acts as an alpha7 type neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist, which gives it a second way of increasing memory formation, very pricy, but galantamine was very effective for me, but I can't afford it:( )

These can have side effects, as they are basically pharmaceutical nerve agents, nasties like the novichok agents, VX, sarin, tabun, soman and the like are also cholinesterase inhibitors, although these fluorophosphate type nerve agents bind irreversibly (irreversible under normal physiological conditions that is, although with the exception of the novichok type agents it is possible to reactivate the poisoned acetylcholinesterase enzyme with chemical antidotes) whereas the pharmaceuticals are reversible in their binding to cholinesterase)

With the racetams, one should take a choline supplement with them, as they enhance uptake of choline and thus synthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, meaning that they deplete choline faster than normal, which can lead to headaches for many people.

'Racetams compliment very well with anticholinesterases too IMO.

The AMPAkines are the most promising sounding development on the nootropic front as of yet. Not tried any of them yet, but I will be trying DM-235 as soon as I complete the synthesis. Can't wait.

My daily bitch:

I'm having problems injecting. For some reason, the needles seem to be jamming part way through my oxy shots, making it impossible to push the plunger down without drawing it back first, emptying the rig out, then forcing several loads of water through it before loading the partly-done shot back in and starting again. Sometimes I have had to do this several times in a row.

Weird thing is, the same rig that just jammed up works fine as soon as its pulled out of my vein and squirting water through it to clean it, but then jams again the moment I poke myself. Its really annoying; I HATE needles and it means repeatedly taking it out, cleaning and then shooting up again, I don't want to have to do it more than a couple of times (with my pills being controlled release, several aliquots of water are needed to make sure one gets everything out)

But not 'stab...pull out, wash, stab...pull out, wash, lather, rinse, repeat'

It's not the needle.  Your veins are becoming sclerotic and filled with scar tissue from abuse.
Not likely. Lestat assured me months ago that he takes precautions to make drug injections harmless.  :autism:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4187 on: September 27, 2012, 07:34:40 PM »
Raccoons got into my compost. It looks like someone threw up on my front porch and since they did it last night and I didn't find out until morning it had hardened. Nothing like scraping rotten food off stonework when people really think you're scraping puke. Lovely.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4188 on: September 27, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »
Tooth still killing me.  >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4189 on: September 27, 2012, 11:21:20 PM »

Should it still hurt this much now?  Maybe you should call the dentist?

TheoK

« Reply #4190 on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »
Fortis es!  :viking:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4191 on: September 28, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »
One L, I'd have figured that out if it was the case. Wierd thing is, same applies to ones I have NEVER used before, and to both IM and subcut use. There are a few I can't use due to scarring, but not from IV use. Myoclonus and power tools can be a rather nasty combination:P

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4192 on: September 28, 2012, 02:52:53 AM »
I read that piracetam is used for myoclonus.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4193 on: September 28, 2012, 03:36:40 AM »

Should it still hurt this much now?  Maybe you should call the dentist?

He says it can sometimes happen but will pass, hopefully within the next day or two. He seems to be right, too--it's better now than a few hours ago.

Could be the painkillers, though. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4194 on: September 28, 2012, 04:39:59 AM »
Hm...now you mention it, you are right. Might just have to order some more pramiracetam. Its much more expensive than piracetam, but a fucking load more effective.

Out of the lot, I've tried piracetam, pramiracetam and aniracetam, piracetam was the cheapest, helped quite a bit, but a lot less effective compared to either aniracetam or pramiracetam.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4195 on: September 28, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
Weekend work plans changed I hate last minute changes
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4196 on: September 28, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »
As for the vein issue...I think its definitely this batch of pins. For they are still clogged when withdrawn from my body. It takes first pulling back to pull air through the needle, then forcing water under as much pressure as I can muster without damaging the rig, often several times before I can again stick myself to shoot.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4197 on: September 28, 2012, 02:53:04 PM »
Fucking tooth hurts. :GA:

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #4198 on: September 28, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »
You must be  :viking:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4199 on: September 28, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »
That is why I'm mixing beer and painkillers. :viking:

- Albert Einstein