Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235230 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #4170 on: September 25, 2012, 11:24:39 PM »
Fucking 12-yo BOY!  >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4171 on: September 26, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
I've always been good with scientific stuff in general ren, pharmacology, cognitive neuroscience etc.
Aside from physics. I suck at math too much, being severely dyscalculic.

But memory issues are so bad that I have to relearn things constantly, and sometimes, if I switch browser tabs, I can't remember a single word of what I just read online. And while working at an MDA synth, I KNOW the steps are 'oximation of helional using hydroxylamine, beckmann rearrangement, followed by the final step, a hoffman degredation using hypochlorite'

I have completely forgotten what the beckmann rearrangement involves, and despite learning it multiple times over, I have still not been able to form a memory of it, hell, I've even forgotten the NAME of the rxn several times.

Or things like going downstairs from my room, getting there and having no idea why I went in the first place, the other day, I made a doc appt., the receptionist told me the time of it, and then I turned around to ask the other receptionist something, and within less than a minute, I had no memory of the time I was just told.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4172 on: September 26, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »
Had to work in a crawl space under a house that had water in parts of it, there were even frogs living down there
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4173 on: September 26, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »
Had to work in a crawl space under a house that had water in parts of it, there were even frogs living down there

Let me know if you find any newts or salamanders.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4174 on: September 26, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »
I've always been good with scientific stuff in general ren, pharmacology, cognitive neuroscience etc.
Aside from physics. I suck at math too much, being severely dyscalculic.

But memory issues are so bad that I have to relearn things constantly, and sometimes, if I switch browser tabs, I can't remember a single word of what I just read online. And while working at an MDA synth, I KNOW the steps are 'oximation of helional using hydroxylamine, beckmann rearrangement, followed by the final step, a hoffman degredation using hypochlorite'

I have completely forgotten what the beckmann rearrangement involves, and despite learning it multiple times over, I have still not been able to form a memory of it, hell, I've even forgotten the NAME of the rxn several times.

Or things like going downstairs from my room, getting there and having no idea why I went in the first place, the other day, I made a doc appt., the receptionist told me the time of it, and then I turned around to ask the other receptionist something, and within less than a minute, I had no memory of the time I was just told.
Reminds me of me. I have forgotten all my stats work from uni already, which scares me because it is stuff I should have kept in my head. Plus other stuff that I am interested in but still forget for some reason.

And going somewhere and forgetting why you are there when you get there - yeah, I know what you mean! It is very annoying. When I go to the doctor, I sometimes write out a list of what I need so I don't forget to ask for anything.

I never knew there was meds you could take for these types of problems though. Just using visual cues, keeping a diary, writing things down, etc.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4175 on: September 27, 2012, 04:09:34 AM »
There are quite a few cognitive enhancers (known as nootropics) on the market now.

Very few are used in western countries in general medical practice, most are bought online.

The 'racetams are the classic example, piracetam was the first IIRC, although one of the weakest, its also one of the cheapest. The mechanism of action is poorly understood, some are known to be positive allosteric modulators of the AMPA type ionotropic glutamate receptor, enhancing longterm potentiation and improving memory formation/consolidation, attention focus and inducing release of acetylcholine.

They all show an excellent level of safety, being pretty much completely nontoxic, even in large overdoses, with the sole exception of nefiracetam, which has been shown to cause testicular atrophy in dogs, which IIRC can be permanent.

IMO pramiracetam is the best of the 'racetam family, although also the most expensive, phenylpiracetam sounds like another real gem, but I haven't tried it for myself, its hard to find.

Another option might be cholinesterase inhibitors, such as tacrine, rivastigmine, huperzine-A, and galantamine (galantamine also acts as an alpha7 type neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist, which gives it a second way of increasing memory formation, very pricy, but galantamine was very effective for me, but I can't afford it:( )

These can have side effects, as they are basically pharmaceutical nerve agents, nasties like the novichok agents, VX, sarin, tabun, soman and the like are also cholinesterase inhibitors, although these fluorophosphate type nerve agents bind irreversibly (irreversible under normal physiological conditions that is, although with the exception of the novichok type agents it is possible to reactivate the poisoned acetylcholinesterase enzyme with chemical antidotes) whereas the pharmaceuticals are reversible in their binding to cholinesterase)

With the racetams, one should take a choline supplement with them, as they enhance uptake of choline and thus synthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, meaning that they deplete choline faster than normal, which can lead to headaches for many people.

'Racetams compliment very well with anticholinesterases too IMO.

The AMPAkines are the most promising sounding development on the nootropic front as of yet. Not tried any of them yet, but I will be trying DM-235 as soon as I complete the synthesis. Can't wait.

My daily bitch:

I'm having problems injecting. For some reason, the needles seem to be jamming part way through my oxy shots, making it impossible to push the plunger down without drawing it back first, emptying the rig out, then forcing several loads of water through it before loading the partly-done shot back in and starting again. Sometimes I have had to do this several times in a row.

Weird thing is, the same rig that just jammed up works fine as soon as its pulled out of my vein and squirting water through it to clean it, but then jams again the moment I poke myself. Its really annoying; I HATE needles and it means repeatedly taking it out, cleaning and then shooting up again, I don't want to have to do it more than a couple of times (with my pills being controlled release, several aliquots of water are needed to make sure one gets everything out)

But not 'stab...pull out, wash, stab...pull out, wash, lather, rinse, repeat'
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

TheoK

« Reply #4176 on: September 27, 2012, 10:20:27 AM »
Fucking never-ending fucking rain-hell-shit!  :thumbdn:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4177 on: September 27, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »
Fucking never-ending fucking rain-hell-shit!  :thumbdn:

Blowing things up in the rain is  BRAVE!   :arrr:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

TheoK

« Reply #4178 on: September 27, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »
 :agreed:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4179 on: September 27, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »
:GA: Bloody tooth.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #4180 on: September 27, 2012, 12:23:09 PM »
You must be  :viking: I have had two teeth with rootcanals splitting. The great irony is that if I had been born 20 years later, those teeth would never had had a filling at all and thus still be there. Fucking dentists  :thumbdn:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4181 on: September 27, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »
You must be  :viking: I have had two teeth with rootcanals splitting. The great irony is that if I had been born 20 years later, those teeth would never had had a filling at all and thus still be there. Fucking dentists  :thumbdn:

Yeah, it's annoying. The hack that did the root canal 25 years ago did a poor job, or so my dentist says.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4182 on: September 27, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
There are quite a few cognitive enhancers (known as nootropics) on the market now.

Very few are used in western countries in general medical practice, most are bought online.

The 'racetams are the classic example, piracetam was the first IIRC, although one of the weakest, its also one of the cheapest. The mechanism of action is poorly understood, some are known to be positive allosteric modulators of the AMPA type ionotropic glutamate receptor, enhancing longterm potentiation and improving memory formation/consolidation, attention focus and inducing release of acetylcholine.

They all show an excellent level of safety, being pretty much completely nontoxic, even in large overdoses, with the sole exception of nefiracetam, which has been shown to cause testicular atrophy in dogs, which IIRC can be permanent.

IMO pramiracetam is the best of the 'racetam family, although also the most expensive, phenylpiracetam sounds like another real gem, but I haven't tried it for myself, its hard to find.

Another option might be cholinesterase inhibitors, such as tacrine, rivastigmine, huperzine-A, and galantamine (galantamine also acts as an alpha7 type neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist, which gives it a second way of increasing memory formation, very pricy, but galantamine was very effective for me, but I can't afford it:( )

These can have side effects, as they are basically pharmaceutical nerve agents, nasties like the novichok agents, VX, sarin, tabun, soman and the like are also cholinesterase inhibitors, although these fluorophosphate type nerve agents bind irreversibly (irreversible under normal physiological conditions that is, although with the exception of the novichok type agents it is possible to reactivate the poisoned acetylcholinesterase enzyme with chemical antidotes) whereas the pharmaceuticals are reversible in their binding to cholinesterase)

With the racetams, one should take a choline supplement with them, as they enhance uptake of choline and thus synthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, meaning that they deplete choline faster than normal, which can lead to headaches for many people.

The AMPAkines are the most promising sounding development on the nootropic front as of yet. Not tried any of them yet, but I will be trying DM-235 as soon as I complete the synthesis. Can't wait.

My daily bitch:

I'm having problems injecting. For some reason, the needles seem to be jamming part way through my oxy shots, making it impossible to push the plunger down without drawing it back first, emptying the rig out, then forcing several loads of water through it before loading the partly-done shot back in and starting again. Sometimes I have had to do this several times in a row.

Weird thing is, the same rig that just jammed up works fine as soon as its pulled out of my vein and squirting water through it to clean it, but then jams again the moment I poke myself. Its really annoying; I HATE needles and it means repeatedly taking it out, cleaning and then shooting up again, I don't want to have to do it more than a couple of times (with my pills being controlled release, several aliquots of water are needed to make sure one gets everything out)

All I've noticed with 'racetams is that they give me an unpleasant pressure-inside-my-head feeling.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4183 on: September 27, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »

My daily bitch:

It's not the needle.  Your veins are becoming sclerotic and filled with scar tissue from abuse. 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4184 on: September 27, 2012, 06:31:47 PM »
I am dealing with a building inspector who knows very little about what he thinks he is an expert on and I am exasperated
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw