Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231318 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #3825 on: August 26, 2012, 10:22:08 AM »
:GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3826 on: August 27, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
I want to work for a place where I can create.  :(
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3827 on: August 27, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »
Over $200 for a entry level college algebra book WTF.  I would understand if it was an advanced class on some obscure subject but this is a class with 100 people in it and they teach multiple classes of it.  It's also a requirement
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3828 on: August 27, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
Over $200 for a entry level college algebra book WTF.  I would understand if it was an advanced class on some obscure subject but this is a class with 100 people in it and they teach multiple classes of it.  It's also a requirement
Buy used. It will save some pennies. Some college/uni's are starting a renting program too. You can rent your new or used textbook for a semester and you just have to return it 2 weeks post exam.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3829 on: August 27, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
Buy used. It will save some pennies. Some college/uni's are starting a renting program too. You can rent your new or used textbook for a semester and you just have to return it 2 weeks post exam.

We found one used at $64 plus shipping the school did not have any used and will not rent this book.  Still what a scam I am sure the college book store is getting a percentage as are the people who choose the books for the classes.  My son's only concern is how quick will he get it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3830 on: August 28, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
I find some every fall curbside around here, I always stop now because of the resale value. First few I ever found floored me when I looked them up.  :zombiefuck: 

SUV pulled out in front of me coming home from the hospital today, luckily I was exhasted but my reflexes still worked. Asshole came inches away from having the side of his door mounted on my brush guard. :GA:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3831 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:39 PM »
Of all the crowbegotten son of a cunt's luck.  antibiotics are making me feel awful, and I can barely move the affected arm. And a fucking dimmer switch for my room light that doesn't work quite right. Fucking thing started flashing bright light all of a sudden, while the antihistamine I'm taking for the nausea is making me REALLY sodding photophobic thanks to the mydriatic properties.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3832 on: August 28, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »
No fun, Lestat. I hope you feel better soon.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3833 on: August 28, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
Likewise. I have an infection that appears to have localized itself to an area of muscle tissue. As you can doubtless imagine, its pretty bloody grim, to say the least. I haven't got a wink of sleep in the best part of 4 days, and barely anything to eat, I can't keep it down properly.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3834 on: August 29, 2012, 06:45:52 AM »
tablet order is delayed because they have to verify my order details?
what, they can't read?

tempted to cancel and wait for Amazon to announce the new products on 9/6. i wanted the tablet because i have much waiting to do in the next couple of weeks (medical stuff). going to have to take the netbook now, which is a big pain, not to mention heavy by comparison.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #3835 on: August 29, 2012, 08:14:20 AM »
Jeeh. Again my Wi-Fi connection is screwed. I can only access the net via an old fashion cable.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3836 on: August 29, 2012, 08:39:12 AM »
Likewise. I have an infection that appears to have localized itself to an area of muscle tissue. As you can doubtless imagine, its pretty bloody grim, to say the least. I haven't got a wink of sleep in the best part of 4 days, and barely anything to eat, I can't keep it down properly.
:hug: that bites
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3837 on: August 29, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
Headache doesn't want to go away. :(

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3838 on: August 29, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
Hope that gets better odeon.

I had a bastard of a headache earlier, the kind that feels like its trying to dig a trench in the back of one's neck and set it ablaze. That responded to 2x80mg of oxycontin, 40 via IM and 40 via IV, as well as an induced adrenal blockade, though.

I'm not at all prone to migraines, but very occasionally one will happen.  I'm just glad that mine, when I do get one, respond to conventional painkillers, rather than needing triptans/ergotamine etc (although the latter does make for a lovely LSx precursor :D)

I feel bad for my dear stalker, she has had week-long ones before, gets terrible, incapacitating migraines. I've never had one that bad, although I would sooner it fall upon me than on her, were I given the choice. She had an awful run in with serotonin syndrome thanks to an unforseen interaction between a triptan migraine reliever and an SSRI, she thought her number just came up that night. And she is NOT a girl who scares easily, nor the type to be intimidated and back down (not that I've ever tried, but of course, I would want nothing in this world less) I just wish that i had been close enough to have helped treat it when it happened, as she was left immobile on a bathroom floor, unable to go for help, and I could have reversed it had I been on the same continent when it happened :()                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3839 on: August 29, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »
Migraines are a bitch. Ordinary painkillers won't do anything for me, but some of the migraine meds will replace my budding headache with nausea if taken early enough. :P

- Albert Einstein