Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230668 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #3600 on: August 01, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »
What's wrong with Ebayers?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3601 on: August 01, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »
I had this old Audi A4 off someone,  they owe me some money...so i stick it on ebay for £100  (i could get £150 scrap) and i put at the bottom
'I intend to let the auction run so please don't email me asking how much to end auction for?

What do you reckon the six questions i have had about the car are about?
blah blah blah

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3602 on: August 01, 2012, 05:43:46 PM »
I know what you mean there bodie. There are some right useless pricks on there. Got sent a Kipp gas generator with a missing part. Still haven't got the damn part from the son of a cunt.

A right pain in the arse, as its not exactly the sort of thing spare parts are all over the place for either.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3603 on: August 01, 2012, 07:29:20 PM »
I had this old Audi A4 off someone,  they owe me some money...so i stick it on ebay for £100  (i could get £150 scrap) and i put at the bottom
'I intend to let the auction run so please don't email me asking how much to end auction for?

Awww, six doofuses   :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:   who just want a nice Audi!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3604 on: August 01, 2012, 07:34:11 PM »
While cleaning some stuff with an angle grinder it slipped and hit my hand giving me a little patch of road rash near my thumb
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3605 on: August 01, 2012, 08:54:46 PM »

Awww, six doofuses   :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:   who just want a nice Audi!

They wanted nude photos of you washing the car?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3606 on: August 02, 2012, 02:16:44 AM »

Do you think I should send her another one? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #3607 on: August 02, 2012, 03:21:45 AM »
I found out that there are a couple of pronunciation rules in Latin that I have missed. It's not a disaster, but it is something like when foreigners can't pronounce "stjälk", "skjuta", "skön" etc. in a correct way  :thumbdn:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3608 on: August 02, 2012, 04:04:21 AM »

might as well :zoinks:

seriously, i have timed the auction to end when urchin's Dad next visits so he can deal with them :zoinks:

i have dealt with second hand car buyer's at the lower end of the market before....never again! :facepalm2:
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3609 on: August 02, 2012, 08:45:16 AM »

might as well :zoinks:

seriously, i have timed the auction to end when urchin's Dad next visits so he can deal with them :zoinks:

i have dealt with second hand car buyer's at the lower end of the market before....never again! :facepalm2:

Sold a few low-end cars in my time. I hate it, I hate all those idiots who think they can buy themselves a perfect car for no money at all.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3610 on: August 02, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »
Meh...just doing my driving training of late, personally I will be quite happy with something that moves, and gets me wherever I want to go without too much fuss.

I am really rather fucked off about that Kipp gas generator though. Seller pretty much blew me off, as if I didn't know what I should actually use one for. Bloody lucky I DO know what its used for and what to do with one...

They are intended for generating gases on tap, on a benchtop scale...such as in my case, HCN. NOT something that would be good getting loose thanks to equipment that lacks the inner separator part that I need for it still, that would have ended up with uncontrolled venting of cyanide fumes had I gone ahead and just used it without checking it out. Heh, the autie in me has that good ol' eye for detail and of course, makes it irresistible to give all my new lab glass acquisitions a thorough checking over the moment the postman comes.

Don't get me bloody started on paypal and their customer service either. Every time I have cause to deal with them its enough to make me want to drag whoever is responsible for the customer service into a soundproof basement and plug their family jewels into the mains. And that, is when one can even get hold of a real, living human being.

TheoK

« Reply #3611 on: August 02, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
Isn't HCN very easy to make? Potassiumferricyanide and hydrochloric acid?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3612 on: August 02, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »
HCN is pretty damn simple to make yes, strong acids like HCl or sulfuric on a ferricyanide, or cyanide salt will kick off HCN in large quantities.  Although buggered if I would use my HCl for that, I buy shitty drain-cleaner grade sulfuric for throwaway applications like that, its got purple dye in it, but its 93% H2SO4 and is perfect for that sort of application, wouldn't use it in an actual synthesis project, but for day to day stuff like generating gases from metals, or salts of weaker, gaseous acids like H2S or HCN it will do just fine (H2S is evil stuff just like HCN, similar toxicity, stinks to high heaven only to deaden the olfactory nerve, making one lose the ability to smell it after prolonged exposure, leading the incautious to think it has gone.)

Although I do have bucketloads of fuming HCl to hand in the lab, it wasn't exactly cheap, although that was because of the large quantity I ordered last. Bloody hazmat fees were murder :(

TheoK

« Reply #3613 on: August 02, 2012, 10:18:18 AM »
In Sweden you can still buy 30% HCl without a permit *touches wood* Costs about some 80 kronor (€8-9)/liter.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3614 on: August 02, 2012, 10:29:07 AM »
In Sweden you can still buy 30% HCl without a permit *touches wood* Costs about some 80 kronor (€8-9)/liter.

You can get it here at the hardware store right around 30% where it's sold to clean cement not lab grade but it works for most things
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw