Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231311 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #1995 on: December 31, 2011, 02:06:45 PM »
I have a splinter in my finger that I have been unable to remove.

Maybe this?

A Miraculous Way to Remove a Splinter

You will need:

•about a teaspoon of Vicks' Vapour Rub
•1 large plaster
Method:

•clean the dry the area of skin around the splinter
•apply the Vicks' Vapour Rub to the splinter's area
•stick the plaster over the area - you may need to bandage the plaster on - it is very important that the plaster does not come off
•leave for a few hours or overnight
•remove the plaster carefully - the splinter will have worked its way out and be on the plaster
•dispose of the plaster carefully

Thanks.  I went out and bought some Vicks Vap-o-rub and put a big glob of it on my splinter and covered it with a Band-Aid and covered the Band-Aid with a white cotton glove because the Vap-o-rub was oozing out of the edges of the Band-Aid and I didn't want it to fall off in the middle of the night. 

I'll let you know if I can see the splinter after I remove the Band-Aid.  It still hurts a bit, but that could be because of all the digging I did.

I did try probing with the tip of a sharp knife, but I couldn't get under the splinter with it.

I couldn't see a splinter in the Band-Aid, but I couldn't see it in my finger either. It's still sore like the splinter might still be in there, but it could also be all the digging I did to try to get it out.

I put some Neosporin and another Band-Aid on my finger and I will take another look later.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1996 on: December 31, 2011, 03:37:27 PM »
The cold sore is tiny but it still hasn't gone away after a week of treatment!  :violin:

What was the active ingredient in the treatment? Acliclovir or penciclovir?

Acliclovir does nothing for me, apart from stinging. Penciclovir does help, for me.

*peers at the tube*  The active ingredient is soemthing called docosanol.  :orly:

Just googled that. Did you get headaches as side-effects? Seems to happen for more than 10% of the users.  :zombiefuck:

No headaches, though perhaps I should have mentioned that this is an ointment, not a pill.

I saw it mentioned as side-effects for an ointment that had to be applied 5 times a day.

Guess you were part of the majority, < 90% of the patients using it didn't get a headache.

Yes, I'm grateful for my success in keeping the cold sore tiny, I just want it gone!  :yarly:

Do you have them often?

This is the first one I can remember having.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1997 on: December 31, 2011, 04:03:38 PM »
Went to the store to buy ink for the printer after searching all over for the ink I knew we had only to come home and have my daughter had me a bag with the ink she had found cleaning up around her computer.  If that wasn't enough I told her I would give her $5 if she found my missing cordless drill battery I misplaced when we changed around the living room,  she walked back in the house then back out and handed it to me :facepalm2:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1998 on: December 31, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »
Went to the store to buy ink for the printer after searching all over for the ink I knew we had only to come home and have my daughter had me a bag with the ink she had found cleaning up around her computer.  If that wasn't enough I told her I would give her $5 if she found my missing cordless drill battery I misplaced when we changed around the living room,  she walked back in the house then back out and handed it to me :facepalm2:

Can I borrow her to find my stuff?   :zoinks:

Then again, maybe not....I don't think I could afford her right now.  :LOL:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1999 on: December 31, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »
Just got the $2,000 hospital bill the insurance didn't cover with mom.

Also found out the compressor (outside half of the unit for heat pump & air) is also toast. Still working, but noisy as hell right now. :zombiefuck:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2000 on: December 31, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »

Also found out the compressor (outside half of the unit for heat pump & air) is also toast. Still working, but noisy as hell right now. :zombiefuck:

You only have a heat pump?  No gas or oil?  They are very inefficient in northern areas.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #2001 on: December 31, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »
I have a splinter in my finger that I have been unable to remove.

Maybe this?

A Miraculous Way to Remove a Splinter

You will need:

•about a teaspoon of Vicks' Vapour Rub
•1 large plaster
Method:

•clean the dry the area of skin around the splinter
•apply the Vicks' Vapour Rub to the splinter's area
•stick the plaster over the area - you may need to bandage the plaster on - it is very important that the plaster does not come off
•leave for a few hours or overnight
•remove the plaster carefully - the splinter will have worked its way out and be on the plaster
•dispose of the plaster carefully

Thanks.  I went out and bought some Vicks Vap-o-rub and put a big glob of it on my splinter and covered it with a Band-Aid and covered the Band-Aid with a white cotton glove because the Vap-o-rub was oozing out of the edges of the Band-Aid and I didn't want it to fall off in the middle of the night. 

I'll let you know if I can see the splinter after I remove the Band-Aid.  It still hurts a bit, but that could be because of all the digging I did.

I did try probing with the tip of a sharp knife, but I couldn't get under the splinter with it.

I couldn't see a splinter in the Band-Aid, but I couldn't see it in my finger either. It's still sore like the splinter might still be in there, but it could also be all the digging I did to try to get it out.

I put some Neosporin and another Band-Aid on my finger and I will take another look later.

generally splinters will work there way out on there own i find if i cant get them out, just takes a few day. if not than get the tweezers and pick at the skin around the splinter [this will hurt and make you bleed a bit] until enough of the splinter is out. this is how i always get rid of them if i cant pull it out by my teeth

UNTIL ENOUGH OF THE SPLINTER IS STICKING OUT!... didnt type that right, sorry. dont dig around the splinter until it falls out, that could make take ages and you may get a nice big scar or something... maybe even stitches
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:46:03 PM by General Armin Metrac »

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2002 on: December 31, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »

You only have a heat pump?  No gas or oil?  They are very inefficient in northern areas.

Originally the house was all-electric baseboard heaters, but the bills were a killer so my dad had a heat pump installed with central air in 94, they had a bitch of a time just running the ducts (there weren't any). The main unit itself is in the attic.

I've been considering a woodburner for downstairs. I'm just thankful the house is small and insulated to the max + half of it sets in the hillside so it keeps pretty warm.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2003 on: December 31, 2011, 09:14:10 PM »

Originally the house was all-electric baseboard heaters, but the bills were a killer so my dad had a heat pump installed with central air in 94, they had a bitch of a time just running the ducts (there weren't any). The main unit itself is in the attic.

I've been considering a woodburner for downstairs. I'm just thankful the house is small and insulated to the max + half of it sets in the hillside so it keeps pretty warm.

I have oil but want to get a wood stove.  I feel I could basically heat most of the house for free with my scavenging  ways.  I think you could also
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:03:39 AM by parts »

George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2004 on: January 01, 2012, 08:47:09 AM »
Just downloaded iTunes and some music, spending a gift card I was given. It took ages to set it all up. Now I find that my iPod Nano is borked - it won't turn off or show the menu or anything. >:(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2005 on: January 01, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
Whinging voices 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #2006 on: January 01, 2012, 04:50:03 PM »
No idea what I'll do tomorrow. Going to my grandparents' house for the first time after their deaths to select something for me to remember them by. Unlike the others I never grieved properly so I'll probably cry like a fool whilst they're busy fixing light fittings and that. What the hell do I choose?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2007 on: January 01, 2012, 05:08:45 PM »
No idea what I'll do tomorrow. Going to my grandparents' house for the first time after their deaths to select something for me to remember them by. Unlike the others I never grieved properly so I'll probably cry like a fool whilst they're busy fixing light fittings and that. What the hell do I choose?

It's hard to say without knowing your relationship with your grandparents.  I have a quilt my grandmother made for me and her old Kenmore sewing machine.

I think you should choose something that makes you think of them with a smile when you see it.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2008 on: January 02, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »
If you grieve then, then that is your time to do it. There is no wrong time to grieve. I am with Callaway on deciding what to choose. Something that has nice memories associated with it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2009 on: January 02, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »

Something that makes you feel good. :hug: