Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231198 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #1215 on: October 23, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
I always did better with  giant fucking earmuff headphones  for when my ears get irritated by other stuff and I still need to block out noise for my own sanity.

I love those headphones for music-listening!   :headphones:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1216 on: October 23, 2011, 10:46:24 AM »
I always did better with giant fucking earmuff headphones for when my ears get irritated by other stuff and I still need to block out noise for my own sanity.
Me too. And when I listen to music, I use them too. I like that they completely cover my ears. Wish I could use them when I'm out and about listening to my iPod but they kind of draw unwanted attention :P

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1217 on: October 23, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »
I always did better with giant fucking earmuff headphones for when my ears get irritated by other stuff and I still need to block out noise for my own sanity.
Me too. And when I listen to music, I use them too. I like that they completely cover my ears. Wish I could use them when I'm out and about listening to my iPod but they kind of draw unwanted attention :P

Last year on the bus, sennheiser headphones seemed to be on half of the fashionable heads. You may get away with it now.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1218 on: October 23, 2011, 04:01:29 PM »
The flea market sucked, poor sales,cold , damp and overcast :thumbdn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1219 on: October 23, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
I just got some weird message on my phone saying “this is an urgent message for the [insert my electricity company] account holder at [insert my address]”, but they left no contact number. I dunno if it’s phony or if I should go and check on the house at lunch. Surely they wouldn’t send that sort of message if my bill is only a few days overdue ???

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1220 on: October 23, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
I just got some weird message on my phone saying “this is an urgent message for the [insert my electricity company] account holder at [insert my address]”, but they left no contact number. I dunno if it’s phony or if I should go and check on the house at lunch. Surely they wouldn’t send that sort of message if my bill is only a few days overdue ???
Some companies will use scare tactics when you're slightly past due. That way people will call them back wondering what the heck is up and then they say.."oh you owe us money is all" Wouldn't worry about it.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1221 on: October 23, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »

How are you fixed for candles?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Psychophant

« Reply #1222 on: October 23, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »
Sounds more like a fishing scam.  Call the number and they will want your bank account numbers and other detailed financial info.  If it was real, you would get a letter from the electric company that would have the legitimate address and phone number.  IGNORE for now.   Scare tactics are popular scam techniques. 

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1223 on: October 23, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
Sounds more like a fishing scam.  Call the number and they will want your bank account numbers and other detailed financial info.  If it was real, you would get a letter from the electric company that would have the legitimate address and phone number.  IGNORE for now.   Scare tactics are popular scam techniques.

I can’t call them back anyway, they didn’t leave a number. The number in the message detail is Telstra’s as I have Message2txt turned on. I have a…phobia of voicemail, so I set up that and people leave me voice messages which get converted to SMS and then sent to my phone.
The caller ID just says “private number”.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1224 on: October 24, 2011, 05:44:43 AM »
Oooh Message2txt, I would like that as I hate voicemail. I don't know why I do, I just do. Is it just a Telstra thing? I am with Optus.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1225 on: October 24, 2011, 05:53:24 AM »
Oooh Message2txt, I would like that as I hate voicemail. I don't know why I do, I just do. Is it just a Telstra thing? I am with Optus.

Optus have it too but they charge per month for the service: http://optus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/434

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1226 on: October 24, 2011, 06:15:36 AM »
Yeah, they would! It costs about $7 a month. I hardly ever get messages so I wonder if it is worth it.
:plus: for finding that, I never knew something like that existed.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1227 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:20 AM »
I hate it too!! I don't mind leaving messages (prefer that to actually having to talk to someone on the phone) but I hate listening to them and avoid listening to them for days, sometimes weeks. I know I have 3 voicemails on my cell phone right now that I haven't checked. Two of them are a week old. But I know who they're from and have talked to all three so it's nothing urgent.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1228 on: October 24, 2011, 06:47:12 AM »
I was too anxious to even set up my voicemail (ie. record an answering message), and you can't retreive messages until it's fully set up. Message2txt gets rid of the voicemail altogether, but then people ringing you only have about 10 seconds to record a message.

I can't leave messages either. I dread getting put on the spot to say stuff after the beep. I either hang up and call back later, or if I have no choice I spend time rehearsing what to say in the message.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1229 on: October 24, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
Had a meeting with a client that showed just how little they understand of what I've tried to explain to them time and again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein