Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234823 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #990 on: October 09, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »

Poor girl. Is this your older or younger one?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #991 on: October 09, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »

Poor girl. Is this your older or younger one?

The older one. And, she is getting fed up with being tired and missing classes.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #992 on: October 09, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »

I bet. I hope she feels better soon.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #993 on: October 09, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »
I've been working for 5 1/2 hours, and the apartment STILL looks like shit!     :angrydance:

It has to get worse, before it gets better. :hug: Focus on what has gotten better, even if it is not obvious yet.

My bedroom looks absolutely awful right now. Still working on the books. Have been dusting a lot of them outside the window today, and a few shelves look neat, clean and well filled. For the rest, piles of dusty books everywhere. And the scent of both dust, and cleanliness. Weird mixture. Wonder how much I will be sneezing tomorrow-morning.

:hug:   I will try to remember that.  Unfortunately, I seem to have broken my shredder.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #994 on: October 09, 2011, 03:45:26 PM »
I've been working for 5 1/2 hours, and the apartment STILL looks like shit!     :angrydance:

It has to get worse, before it gets better. :hug: Focus on what has gotten better, even if it is not obvious yet.

My bedroom looks absolutely awful right now. Still working on the books. Have been dusting a lot of them outside the window today, and a few shelves look neat, clean and well filled. For the rest, piles of dusty books everywhere. And the scent of both dust, and cleanliness. Weird mixture. Wonder how much I will be sneezing tomorrow-morning.

:hug:   I will try to remember that.  Unfortunately, I seem to have broken my shredder.

Just make a pile of the papers you want to get rid off, and, on a moment you are too tired to do anything really big, but still want to do something, tear out your name from the papers that have your name on it. Do the rest of the paper at waste paper, and the name and addresses can go in the bin. They will get soggy and dirty and will be unreadable soon.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #995 on: October 09, 2011, 04:59:23 PM »
Or just separate the name, account number and the rest of the paper.  Throw the rest of the paper away at your house.  Throw the name away at work one week and the account number away in a couple of weeks.   That may have been what Hyke was suggesting, but I'm not sure.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #996 on: October 09, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »
 Thank you, ladies, I may try that but I'll probably just get a new shredder.  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #997 on: October 10, 2011, 05:54:21 AM »
Or just separate the name, account number and the rest of the paper.  Throw the rest of the paper away at your house.  Throw the name away at work one week and the account number away in a couple of weeks.   That may have been what Hyke was suggesting, but I'm not sure.
Her Majesty explained it better than I did. That was what I meant indeed.
Thank you, ladies, I may try that but I'll probably just get a new shredder.  :laugh:

Do you shred all your papers that you throw out?

Why? Is it the sound of shredding you love? The increase in volume, so that you get the idea that you did more than you actually did? Or do you just want to make sure nothing will remain that proves you once existed off line too?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #998 on: October 10, 2011, 06:12:34 AM »
Her Majesty explained it better than I did. That was what I meant indeed.

Do you shred all your papers that you throw out?

Why? Is it the sound of shredding you love? The increase in volume, so that you get the idea that you did more than you actually did? Or do you just want to make sure nothing will remain that proves you once existed off line too?

:lol:   I shred medical bills, utility bills, anything with account numbers or my Social Security
 number or any other identifying information, because I am paranoid about identity theft.

People forget.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #999 on: October 10, 2011, 06:14:39 AM »
^ Well, it makes sense to me too.

~

I was suppose to go to Breda today but I don't feel like going at all. (but tjah, need a new coat)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1000 on: October 10, 2011, 06:20:51 AM »

Three days my girl was in school last week, after over two weeks of being ill. Now her temperature has risen again.  :thumbdn:

Is it the flu, or something else?

Tomorrow we get the results back for the Epstein Barr testing. She has been sleeping an awful lot. But, the first two weeks she had no sign of fever. Did have the swollen glands though. Her getting a raised temperature now is not something I like. She is more tired again too.

Test results, general blood condition is good, no lack of iron, no inflammations.
Epstein Barr shows that she has had that, and that long ago that there are no active anti-bodies anymore.

Advise: "give it another few weeks, return if things haven't improved by then"  :zombiefuck:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1001 on: October 10, 2011, 06:27:33 AM »

Three days my girl was in school last week, after over two weeks of being ill. Now her temperature has risen again.  :thumbdn:

Is it the flu, or something else?

Tomorrow we get the results back for the Epstein Barr testing. She has been sleeping an awful lot. But, the first two weeks she had no sign of fever. Did have the swollen glands though. Her getting a raised temperature now is not something I like. She is more tired again too.

Test results, general blood condition is good, no lack of iron, no inflammations.
Epstein Barr shows that she has had that, and that long ago that there are no active anti-bodies anymore.

Advise: "give it another few weeks, return if things haven't improved by then"  :zombiefuck:

I hope things do improve in the next few weeks.   :crossed:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1002 on: October 10, 2011, 06:32:07 AM »
I'm shocked how he just lets her wait another few weeks. In itself, I am in favour of waiting to see what happens, and not over-react. But this girl is home tired and clearly not well for three weeks now. She is more knackered than she was in spring during pneumonia and bronchitis.

Oh well, if she is the way she was yesterday again, I'll call in on Thursday for an appointment. Different doctor.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1003 on: October 10, 2011, 06:34:22 AM »

Just make a pile of the papers you want to get rid off, and, on a moment you are too tired to do anything really big, but still want to do something, tear out your name from the papers that have your name on it. Do the rest of the paper at waste paper, and the name and addresses can go in the bin. They will get soggy and dirty and will be unreadable soon.

I put mine in a box and incinerate them when it gets full.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1004 on: October 10, 2011, 06:36:27 AM »

I put mine in a box and incinerate them when it gets full.

Nothing beats a goodbonfire.

No incinerators here though. I guess we live too close to our neighbours in general, to have those. I remember the burning pits my grandmother and aunt had. I liked burning the rubbish a lot.