Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235130 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »
They're still special, even if others have them too.  Do you have the rainbow zigzag on one side of your visual field?   :nerdy:
Not special as in only me, more like maybe something important special but not really knowing what or why. Mine are more like moving lightning. Yes, off to the side, but white light squiggles moving. Hard to describe. This pictures is as close as could find.

You are weird even by autie spazz standards Jack.  :lol:
:laugh:

Do you have worms in your eyes like the Autistic kid in the House episode Lines in the Sand? That's what he saw and so he kept drawing wavy lines, but nobody understood him. Except House of course.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »
They're still special, even if others have them too.  Do you have the rainbow zigzag on one side of your visual field?   :nerdy:
Not special as in only me, more like maybe something important special but not really knowing what or why. Mine are more like moving lightning. Yes, off to the side, but white light squiggles moving. Hard to describe. This pictures is as close as could find.

Had those a lot as a kid, they were moving up and down, and I thought they were souls.  :laugh:

I was very disappointed when someone explained that it probably was remnants of a pre-natal artery in my eyeball causing that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »
I am frazzled and ragged from work. The sales aspect is fine the paperwork is terrible.
I am slow and methodical and yet completely disorganised. It is like the spinning plate thing where the guy has to maintain 12 plates spinning on long poles and rush between one to another and try to finish enough off one then race to complete enough of another and in the meantime make new sales which makes more paperwork to complete.
I get in early and leave late and do bloody well considering.
Wears me out though gotta admit.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2011, 09:05:21 AM »
That would be a nightmare job for me (especially the sales bit).

midlifeaspie

« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2011, 09:40:31 AM »
Ocular migraine is bugging me.

I've had a couple of those, mine fortunately don't last long.   :orly:
Am guessing to have them too, though have never had problems with migranes or headaches in general. It was reading odeon's description of them that made me look into it. Kind of a disappointment in knowing. Not a very common occurrence , and have always enjoyed them and thought them to be something speical happening. Guess they're not. Bummer.

Well, if you are really lucky and work hard at increasing your cholesterol and reducing your physical activity you can always hope for a good old stroke.  That might have some of the same effects.  :LOL:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »
I received an award from PEO(IWS) after being nominated by my Captain. PEO(IWS) is the Admiral who approved it. I also kicked at ass work all year and ended up covering the ass of the douchebag who had taken my lead position, but that I now have back after my Captain said Darryl needs to be in charge again. I got praise from all outside entities on my performance supporting them (they actually pay my salary).

Soooo...how come my management rated me as just 'adequate' and gave me a shit one-time monetary award for my year-end (FY) evaluation vice an actual raise or at least a large one-time award? It's actually no about the money, but rather the perception. I got some of the highest recognition we can get here with my award from the Admiral, so how come so many other employees got rated and compensated so much better?

If I find out the douchebag whom I got my position back from and was completely incompetent got a big raise and high rating I am gonna be pissed!!!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

midlifeaspie

« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »
I received an award from PEO(IWS) after being nominated by my Captain. PEO(IWS) is the Admiral who approved it. I also kicked at ass work all year and ended up covering the ass of the douchebag who had taken my lead position, but that I now have back after my Captain said Darryl needs to be in charge again. I got praise from all outside entities on my performance supporting them (they actually pay my salary).

Soooo...how come my management rated me as just 'adequate' and gave me a shit one-time monetary award for my year-end (FY) evaluation vice an actual raise or at least a large one-time award? It's actually no about the money, but rather the perception. I got some of the highest recognition we can get here with my award from the Admiral, so how come so many other employees got rated and compensated so much better?

If I find out the douchebag whom I got my position back from and was completely incompetent got a big raise and high rating I am gonna be pissed!!!

Can you ask?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #247 on: August 19, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »
Ocular migraine is bugging me.

I've had a couple of those, mine fortunately don't last long.   :orly:
Am guessing to have them too, though have never had problems with migranes or headaches in general. It was reading odeon's description of them that made me look into it. Kind of a disappointment in knowing. Not a very common occurrence , and have always enjoyed them and thought them to be something speical happening. Guess they're not. Bummer.

They are not, they are a fucking pain and I hate them. I can have them for days once they start. It's like the brain went into some special migraine mode. Sometimes the mode is on for weeks and I'll have a new ocular migraine every few days.

I can often feel when it's time. No way I can explain the feeling but it's there and I know, and I just hope I don't get the headaches.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #248 on: August 19, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »

I had something like that once, a line of black-and-white sparkles that kept dipping into my left field of vision.
 I was in a bookstore at the time, around Christmas, and thought the store manager had draped Christmas lights
 across the bookshelf where I was reading, but whenever I looked up to see the lights, they moved out of sight.   :nerd!:

A zig-zag kind of pattern?

The weirdest I've had looked like bubbles in my field of vision. Both eyes, but not synched.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2011, 05:42:11 PM »
Do you have worms in your eyes like the Autistic kid in the House episode Lines in the Sand? That's what he saw and so he kept drawing wavy lines, but nobody understood him. Except House of course.
No. Doesn't really look like the picture; that's just as close as could find. It's closer a retinal burn after looking at bright light; though lightning is also a good description, not only in shape but the flashing as well. Doesn't happen a lot.

Osensitive1

« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2011, 05:45:20 PM »
They are not, they are a fucking pain and I hate them. I can have them for days once they start. It's like the brain went into some special migraine mode. Sometimes the mode is on for weeks and I'll have a new ocular migraine every few days.

I can often feel when it's time. No way I can explain the feeling but it's there and I know, and I just hope I don't get the headaches.
That's terrible. Have always been lucky to rarely have headaches and never had a migrane.

Osensitive1

« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:13 PM »
Had those a lot as a kid, they were moving up and down, and I thought they were souls.  :laugh:
Used to see red dots now and then out the corner of my eye when younger. Turn to look then gone. Used to think something along the same lines.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2011, 06:32:47 PM »
Had so much oil and grease on my hands and arms today it took tons of orange cleaner to get it off I think I need a new jug of it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »

I had something like that once, a line of black-and-white sparkles that kept dipping into my left field of vision.
 I was in a bookstore at the time, around Christmas, and thought the store manager had draped Christmas lights
 across the bookshelf where I was reading, but whenever I looked up to see the lights, they moved out of sight.   :nerd!:

A zig-zag kind of pattern?

The weirdest I've had looked like bubbles in my field of vision. Both eyes, but not synched.

The "Christmas lights" were more like a string of sparkles, but my first ocular migraine was a classic rainbow zigzag.   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »

Fuck that is very close to what I see also but not just white  the color changes mostly its purple
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw