Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235108 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2011, 01:33:49 PM »
^ Lot of talking/socializing I did the last couple of days (sister and her daughters were here). Youngest was sneezing and coughing a bit. Might caught something from this. Happened before. Kids around, me acting silly uncle, 'kids all over me', day later, and Luut sneezes and coughs a bit too.. but dunno..

(oh, not blaming anyone/-thing other than my own (body) resistance failing)   

Well, ice cream (the watery/pear taste kind I bought), lots of cold water, occasional tea spoon of honey, hot tea, early night attempt, etc.. probably feel better tomorrow.

Thanks for the well-wish.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »
Got covered in blown in fiberglass insulation today even got some in my mouth :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »
My cousin's dad was a narcissist, she realizes now.  Everything always had to be about him and what he wanted like he thought he was the center of the universe or something.  My aunt had to marry him because he impregnated her when she was just 15 years old, but he never treated her well, cheated on her with any skank that would put up with him, and brought home STDs.  My aunt finally got out of the marriage when my cousin was a senior in high school, but of course he was still her dad and she was stuck with that fact.  He cared very little for her, but he doted on her younger brother.

I find that last sentence interesting. My father dotes on any pet animal we've had and tells him he loves him - something he has never said to his own children when they needed his love and affection.

I laugh about it now as an adult, but back then it wasn't funny.

Good luck to your aunt and cousins.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »
Got covered in blown in fiberglass insulation today even got some in my mouth :zombiefuck:

Mmmmm! Good cotton candy!!!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2011, 10:55:12 PM »
My cousin's dad was a narcissist, she realizes now.  Everything always had to be about him and what he wanted like he thought he was the center of the universe or something.  My aunt had to marry him because he impregnated her when she was just 15 years old, but he never treated her well, cheated on her with any skank that would put up with him, and brought home STDs.  My aunt finally got out of the marriage when my cousin was a senior in high school, but of course he was still her dad and she was stuck with that fact.  He cared very little for her, but he doted on her younger brother.

I find that last sentence interesting. My father dotes on any pet animal we've had and tells him he loves him - something he has never said to his own children when they needed his love and affection.

I laugh about it now as an adult, but back then it wasn't funny.

Good luck to your aunt and cousins.

The male cousin is going to inherit his business which I think is worth at least a million dollars when he dies and my female cousin is going to inherit $100.  I can sort of understand the male cousin inheriting the business since he is more involved in running it than she is and willing it to both of them equally could cause problems if they disagree about how the business should be run, but IMO, their dad should have made an effort to give her something more personal and more substantial than $100, which I think he put into his will only so she couldn't contest it because he also willed $100 to several other less closely related people.  He has more property than just the business and for my female cousin, it's just another slap in the face.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #230 on: August 18, 2011, 12:15:36 AM »
The male cousin is going to inherit his business which I think is worth at least a million dollars when he dies and my female cousin is going to inherit $100.  I can sort of understand the male cousin inheriting the business since he is more involved in running it than she is and willing it to both of them equally could cause problems if they disagree about how the business should be run, but IMO, their dad should have made an effort to give her something more personal and more substantial than $100, which I think he put into his will only so she couldn't contest it because he also willed $100 to several other less closely related people. He has more property than just the business and for my female cousin, it's just another slap in the face.

Sucks, doesn't it? They're a fucked up type, these narcissists. A normal father would feel shitty to just give the daughter less than 1% worth of what would be given to her own brother. Narcissists don't suffer such feelings.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »
These pretzels have no salt on them :thumbdn:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2011, 12:38:24 PM »
So many phone calls today at bad times(while driving, on a ladder, ect)
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2011, 03:14:07 PM »
Ocular migraine is bugging me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »

I've had a couple of those, mine fortunately don't last long.   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Osensitive1

« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »

Am guessing to have them too, though have never had problems with migranes or headaches in general. It was reading odeon's description of them that made me look into it. Kind of a disappointment in knowing. Not a very common occurrence , and have always enjoyed them and thought them to be something speical happening. Guess they're not. Bummer.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2011, 07:48:58 PM »

Am guessing to have them too, though have never had problems with migranes or headaches in general. It was reading odeon's description of them that made me look into it. Kind of a disappointment in knowing. Not a very common occurrence , and have always enjoyed them and thought them to be something speical happening. Guess they're not. Bummer.

They're still special, even if others have them too.  Do you have the rainbow zigzag on one side of your visual field?   :nerdy:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »

You are weird even by autie spazz standards Jack.  :lol:

Osensitive1

« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »
They're still special, even if others have them too.  Do you have the rainbow zigzag on one side of your visual field?   :nerdy:
Not special as in only me, more like maybe something important special but not really knowing what or why. Mine are more like moving lightning. Yes, off to the side, but white light squiggles moving. Hard to describe. This pictures is as close as could find.

:laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
Not special as in only me, more like maybe something important special but not really knowing what or why. Mine are more like moving lightning. Yes, off to the side, but white light squiggles moving. Hard to describe. This pictures is as close as could find.

:laugh:

I had something like that once, a line of black-and-white sparkles that kept dipping into my left field of vision.
 I was in a bookstore at the time, around Christmas, and thought the store manager had draped Christmas lights
 across the bookshelf where I was reading, but whenever I looked up to see the lights, they moved out of sight.   :nerd!:

People forget.