Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233476 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2011, 06:03:01 PM »
One answer would be:

"Coach, if you are going to allow that sort of shit with this team, or even in this league, then I'm withdrawing my son and will find somewhere else where this bullshit doesn't happen. If you are not prepared to do something about it, then maybe I should go to the team administration."

That's one way around it.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »
It's County Parks & Recreation, so I could complain to them, but I'd like to think the coach will correct the bad technique and do his job and teach the proper technique. He comes across as a stand-up guy, but...

Time will tell! I don't want to be that kind of parent and interfere, but this is illegal play in practice from his own teammate. In a game it would be a penalty and in the NFL it'd be a personal foul and maybe even unsportsmanlike conduct on the helmet tackle, which nowadays could result in a fine and possibly a suspension.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:39:21 PM by Trigger 11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #212 on: August 16, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »
It's County Parks & Recreation, so I could complain to them, but I'd like to think the coach will correct the bad tchnique and do his job and teach the proper technique. He comes across as a stand-up guy, but...

Time will tell! I don't want to be that kind of parent and interfere, but this is illegal play in practice from his own teammate. In a game it would be a penalty and in the NFL it'd be a personal foul and maybe even unsportsmanlike on the helmet tackle and would result in a fine and possibly a suspension.

In our game, anything above the shoulder is a free kick, and a deliberate head high tackle or deliberate touch of the head and it's a report by the umpire. Rugby League has a similar stance on anything head high, but they even stop the kicker from being charged, especially when he's left the ground after the kick.
Charging the kicker is an automatic penalty, and can result in a 'sin-bin'.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #213 on: August 16, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
Fantasizing about murdering my father, especially for the shit that just happened today a while ago concerning me and my loved ones without my knowledge and awareness.

No, I haven't murdered anyone yet and don't plan to. But I really hope he fucking leaves this planet soon.

My fantasies usually involve car accidents so there is no guilt or fear or prosecution.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2011, 10:19:17 PM »
Fantasizing about murdering my father, especially for the shit that just happened today a while ago concerning me and my loved ones without my knowledge and awareness.

No, I haven't murdered anyone yet and don't plan to. But I really hope he fucking leaves this planet soon.

What did your father do?

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #215 on: August 16, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »

What did your father do?

It's a long story. My father lives his life gossiping about his wife and his own sons and daughter with everyone whether we're close in contact or far apart from each other and haven't talked in years. He's the kind of person who has no regard for how anyone other than himself feels but manages to get relatives and random strangers all feeling sorry for him and thinking of him as the victim. Yesterday, after a long time of no contact with me or my siblings, he sneaked up on my brother and tried to have some contact with him just so we could all have a meeting with him and talk things through and make some "peace". While this may have been a good thing to do the first few times he had us do it, I know more than enough that he's only doing it to get close enough to get some money from us that he could waste for his own entertainment. It's never for the sake of actual peace in the family. Which is why we always end up fighting a few days after making "peace". It pisses me off because he keeps doing this without remorse or consideration for why we're even upset with him at all.

That's what you call your typical narcissistic person (and I mean it in the clinical sense).

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »
Depending on what he says he needs the money for, you could pay the bill directly or make the check out jointly to him and the company.  That way it would almost be guaranteed to be used for what he says it will be used for.

Reminds me of my Grandma Teenie.  When the panhandlers would panhandle for a meal outside the Krystal Hamburgers, she would tell them that she would pay for the meal by going in with them and buying it for them.  Understandedly a lot of times the guys only wanted booze or cigarettes and didn't take her up on the offer.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2011, 11:13:10 PM »

What did your father do?

It's a long story. My father lives his life gossiping about his wife and his own sons and daughter with everyone whether we're close in contact or far apart from each other and haven't talked in years. He's the kind of person who has no regard for how anyone other than himself feels but manages to get relatives and random strangers all feeling sorry for him and thinking of him as the victim. Yesterday, after a long time of no contact with me or my siblings, he sneaked up on my brother and tried to have some contact with him just so we could all have a meeting with him and talk things through and make some "peace". While this may have been a good thing to do the first few times he had us do it, I know more than enough that he's only doing it to get close enough to get some money from us that he could waste for his own entertainment. It's never for the sake of actual peace in the family. Which is why we always end up fighting a few days after making "peace". It pisses me off because he keeps doing this without remorse or consideration for why we're even upset with him at all.

That's what you call your typical narcissistic person (and I mean it in the clinical sense).

I'm so sorry that you grew up with that.

It's difficult to deal with a narcissist as an adult but it must be much worse for a child when it's their parent.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »

It's difficult to deal with a narcissist as an adult but it must be much worse for a child when it's their parent.

Thanks. It was a very rough childhood for me and my brothers. And I've had a good talk with my youngest sister about all this so she doesn't get confused about why her siblings don't interact with her father and why her father is the way he is. Thankfully, in our case, it's just one narcissistic parent. I feel very bad for those who have to deal with both parents being messed up. The sad thing is it's not uncommon.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #219 on: August 16, 2011, 11:39:37 PM »
Depending on what he says he needs the money for, you could pay the bill directly or make the check out jointly to him and the company.  That way it would almost be guaranteed to be used for what he says it will be used for.

Reminds me of my Grandma Teenie.  When the panhandlers would panhandle for a meal outside the Krystal Hamburgers, she would tell them that she would pay for the meal by going in with them and buying it for them.  Understandedly a lot of times the guys only wanted booze or cigarettes and didn't take her up on the offer.

Advice appreciated. I just don't want to be so nice with him anymore especially that I have strong hatred for him. Let him go manipulate his poor fans and cheerleaders to give him money.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:27 AM »
I'll never get my phone connected, will I? :bigcry:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2011, 11:41:01 AM »
I've had a sore throat all day long. Still do. Worried about it cos I (almost) never have a sore throat. Going to buy me some ice cream before supermarket close at 9 PM. Hope that helps.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2011, 12:43:15 PM »
I've had a sore throat all day long. Still do. Worried about it cos I (almost) never have a sore throat. Going to buy me some ice cream before supermarket close at 9 PM. Hope that helps.

Ice cream is a wise choice of medicine for most ailments.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:29 PM »

Hope it feels better soon and that you aren't coming down with a cold.

You didn't do a lot of yelling, did you?  That would do it.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »

Thanks. It was a very rough childhood for me and my brothers. And I've had a good talk with my youngest sister about all this so she doesn't get confused about why her siblings don't interact with her father and why her father is the way he is. Thankfully, in our case, it's just one narcissistic parent. I feel very bad for those who have to deal with both parents being messed up. The sad thing is it's not uncommon.

My cousin's dad was a narcissist, she realizes now.  Everything always had to be about him and what he wanted like he thought he was the center of the universe or something.  My aunt had to marry him because he impregnated her when she was just 15 years old, but he never treated her well, cheated on her with any skank that would put up with him, and brought home STDs.  My aunt finally got out of the marriage when my cousin was a senior in high school, but of course he was still her dad and she was stuck with that fact.  He cared very little for her, but he doted on her younger brother.