Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231566 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »
Oh, ok ... I had no idea. I didn't notice that I called your attention to my post. :autism:

Osensitive1

« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2011, 07:05:21 PM »
:laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2011, 11:42:02 PM »
OK, my bitch for today.

Why do people misunderstand what people are saying so readily and why do people refuse to accept that their point of view isn't the only one that is correct?

Case in point - there are times I've posted here (and maybe it happened at zOMG and Wankplanet as well) where what I've posted has been misinterpreted to mean something completely different, or people just refused to get my point and went of on a rant saying how wrong I was. Then there is the sarcasm when people think what I'm saying is bollocks; hell, I don't mind sarcasm now and then, but when peole don't want to understand what I've said for whatever reason, it gets a bit hard to take.

Really, am I that fucking hard to understand?

Or am I making too much of this?

Sometimes, what people say sounds different inside their own heads than it does to others.  I think that's what often happens.  It sometimes can be a difference in the words that they are using, like when I didn't know what someone meant by "fuck all" and interpreted a sentence containing it completely the opposite way of how the person using the term intended.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
OK, my bitch for today.

Why do people misunderstand what people are saying so readily and why do people refuse to accept that their point of view isn't the only one that is correct?

Case in point - there are times I've posted here (and maybe it happened at zOMG and Wankplanet as well) where what I've posted has been misinterpreted to mean something completely different, or people just refused to get my point and went of on a rant saying how wrong I was. Then there is the sarcasm when people think what I'm saying is bollocks; hell, I don't mind sarcasm now and then, but when peole don't want to understand what I've said for whatever reason, it gets a bit hard to take.

Sometimes, what people say sounds different inside their own heads than it does to others.  I think that's what often happens.  It sometimes can be a difference in the words that they are using, like when I didn't know what someone meant by "fuck all" and interpreted a sentence containing it completely the opposite way of how the person using the term intended.

Could be.

Just sometimes I get the impression that when I say something or reinforce a point, some people are reading them as

Quote from: Jimmy Hopkins
Blah blah-deblah blah blah deblah blah

And what I've posted is to me in clear English. Whether some people are deliberately taking the Mickey as well, or just not trying to understand me, I dunno.

As I said, maybe I'm making too much of it.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2011, 07:38:22 AM »
Arrrrhgghhh!!! My eye suddenly started hurting and now it's bright red :zombiefuck:

Currently typing with one eye and one hand.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2011, 09:47:07 AM »
Changing the brake rotors on the van is a pain in the ass
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2011, 10:37:37 AM »
OK, my bitch for today.

Could be.

Just sometimes I get the impression that when I say something or reinforce a point, some people are reading them as

Quote from: Jimmy Hopkins
Blah blah-deblah blah blah deblah blah

And what I've posted is to me in clear English. Whether some people are deliberately taking the Mickey as well, or just not trying to understand me, I dunno.

As I said, maybe I'm making too much of it.

Honestly?

My take on your debating style is that you take a position based on a gut feeling and then you try and create the logic behind it after you have already stated your opinion.  This leads to violently defending indefensible positions, or defending them from weak ground.  You then find yourself making arguments such as "look at the kid in that video game, he got away with being bad because nobody smacked him around and that proves that you need to smack kids".  You defend your positions with irrationality and weak logic.  You are entitled to your own opinion, but you seem unwilling to simply defend your opinion by saying "this is my opinion".  Instead you try and change everyone's mind by using completely daft examples and logic and then telling everyone you are leaving the conversation when you lose ground instead of gaining it.  You try too hard to defend yourself and get lost in the weeds in the process.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2011, 10:43:47 AM »
Arrrrhgghhh!!! My eye suddenly started hurting and now it's bright red :zombiefuck:

Currently typing with one eye and one hand.

Go see a doctor. Now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
"My take on your debating style is that you take a position based on a gut feeling and then you try and create the logic behind it after you have already stated your opinion.  This leads to violently defending indefensible positions, or defending them from weak ground.  You then find yourself making arguments such as "look at the kid in that video game, he got away with being bad because nobody smacked him around and that proves that you need to smack kids".  You defend your positions with irrationality and weak logic.  You are entitled to your own opinion, but you seem unwilling to simply defend your opinion by saying "this is my opinion".  Instead you try and change everyone's mind by using completely daft examples and logic and then telling everyone you are leaving the conversation when you lose ground instead of gaining it.  You try too hard to defend yourself and get lost in the weeds in the process."

OMG.  That is me and why I don't argue much (I think I don't argue much.)  I've never claimed to be logical, merely intuitive and generally comfortable with what I believe.  Although, I will often say, "Just because it's what I feel comfortable believing."  So if anyone has a problem with my arguments, refer to MLA's post.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »
FUCK! I thought they had fixed my sound processor but there it is again. The same bloody problem
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:54:27 PM by odeon »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2011, 01:12:14 PM »
Got all wet at work fixing gutters in the rain
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2011, 02:23:45 PM »
I'm so shit at starting important conversations. I just kinda drop hints and hope the other person will start it off. Fucking hell

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
Phone still not working. Was away all day, so couldn't act upon it. Hoped it would be sorted now. It isn't.

I've had it with my provider. This has gone on long enough.
Will change provider, and boost up my internet speed at the same time.

I've had it.

LOL, trying again, now it works, I need to bitch more often.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »
Phone still not working. Was away all day, so couldn't act upon it. Hoped it would be sorted now. It isn't.

I've had it.

Surely you've heard of that old saying, "A bitch in time saves nine"?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »

I've had it.

Surely you've heard of that old saying, "A bitch in time saves nine"?

:laugh:

Actually I had not heard of that one.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!