Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232740 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #18315 on: September 15, 2023, 10:39:24 PM »
Busted a knuckle when a wrench slipped
Ouch! Did you have to go to the ED?

Reminds me of the time I was clamping a hose shut and I slipped with the screwdriver and stabbed my palm. I still have a tiny scar from that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18316 on: September 17, 2023, 02:46:33 PM »
Therapist appointment at 5:30pm  :-\ that's fine....

Not being able to work tomorrow, meh...

Dentist appointment on Tuesday?  :o :o :o :o :o

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18317 on: September 18, 2023, 10:33:49 PM »
^I sympathise about your dentist appointment. What will be done?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18318 on: September 20, 2023, 02:53:07 PM »
It always seemed strange to me that the US, a country that was literally built on the idea, would have such a change of heart. But I don't really know to what degree that is true. The media tend to focus on the MAGA crowd and other cunts when reporting, and I don't think it is a fair picture they are painting.

I guess it all depends.

The screams and yells of fear/hate mongering are what makes the MAGA crowd good copy for the media.  So I see what you mean.  Even Tim Scott, the "token" black and Nikki Haley, the token woman are following the script of the orange faced shit gibbon.

Nikki might be the most dangerous of them all. She might come off as sensible.

If you listen to her, her single spiel is anti China in every ad.   ::)

I have listened to her. She comes off as saner than some of the MAGA crowd, more likable than Ron, and, again, sensible. She's not going to get elected, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18319 on: September 20, 2023, 03:09:39 PM »
I've been doing this team lead thing for a while now. Sick of it, because all I'm doing is one meeting after another. There's a lot of talk but no substance.

The company is also changing their organisational strategies about as often as sensible people change their underwear.

I miss development. I get to herd many developers, most of whom probably see me as senior and their boss, but not really up to date. They tolerate me because I'm their necessary shielding to keep on working. Yet I'd sometimes like to scream at them, especially when doing code reviews or get them to push their bloody code to the server so we can all keep working if someone gets sick.

But if I drive through a change - an agile coach taking charge of project standups, say, because I don't have the time to do all of our dailies - there's a lot of passive-aggressive behaviour. I get that I'm no longer their colleague, but for fuck's sake, they behave like children.

So, yeah, I miss spending my days developing, solving problems. Very few meetings, maybe a few with customers, but nothing too bothersome or frequent.

But since we are in desperate need of more devs, I have also been interviewing loads of them, because that is also in my job description. All but one or two have been junior devs. Not that they can't learn, they absolutely can, but I keep thinking that I will need to spoon feed them if I hire them. It's not a good mindset because I am not as open as I would need to be.

Never mind me. Tomorrow is another day.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #18320 on: September 20, 2023, 07:32:18 PM »
It always seemed strange to me that the US, a country that was literally built on the idea, would have such a change of heart. But I don't really know to what degree that is true. The media tend to focus on the MAGA crowd and other cunts when reporting, and I don't think it is a fair picture they are painting.

I guess it all depends.

The screams and yells of fear/hate mongering are what makes the MAGA crowd good copy for the media.  So I see what you mean.  Even Tim Scott, the "token" black and Nikki Haley, the token woman are following the script of the orange faced shit gibbon.

Nikki might be the most dangerous of them all. She might come off as sensible.

If you listen to her, her single spiel is anti China in every ad.   ::)

I have listened to her. She comes off as saner than some of the MAGA crowd, more likable than Ron, and, again, sensible. She's not going to get elected, though.

No, she's the token woman, and she does seem more likeable.   being more likable than desantis is like having to choose between eating ice cream or shit.  The party she's a part of is about as misogynist as you can get. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18321 on: September 21, 2023, 12:15:46 PM »
 ::) No comment.... just too much stupid shit

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18322 on: September 21, 2023, 03:41:28 PM »
^I sympathise about your dentist appointment. What will be done?

It was 8.5 hours worth of cleanings within 3 visits... I go back in January, maybe sooner if my insurance kicks in on time.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18323 on: September 22, 2023, 02:50:18 PM »
Incredibly annoyed after today's meeting with a new coworker. This guy is an utter moron and I can't stand him.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18324 on: September 22, 2023, 04:25:09 PM »
Incredibly annoyed after today's meeting with a new coworker. This guy is an utter moron and I can't stand him.

I've seen my fair share of morons... how is it different in your neck of the woods?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18325 on: September 23, 2023, 02:11:31 PM »

I've seen my fair share of morons... how is it different in your neck of the woods?

There's different degrees of moron. This one is among the worst I've seen in a professional setting. He's an utter waste of oxygen.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #18326 on: September 23, 2023, 07:22:29 PM »

I guess it all depends.

They weaponized religion.

Rural America is a shit show. I'm out numbered here 10 to 1...go into these coal mining regions and the people with the most to lose by the Republican cuts are the biggest supporters. I'm all for curbing illegal immigration, just treat people humanly. I don't want anyone's guns, I just want better screening so one of these mentally ill nut jobs doesn't take out my family.  These people around here haven't left their hometown except maybe for a trip to Disney World in 20+ years. The only immigrants they see are maybe their heart doctors in Pittsburgh twice a year.

Estimated pop of 3,000...20 functional churches listed for the town, a McDonald's, 2 dollar stores, and a Walmart. I can't go to the post office or drive 3 miles without some evangelistic dude in a "Jesus" sticker covered car handing me fliers and seeing "Repent or GO to Hell" plastered on a telephone pole. It's toxic ASF.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18327 on: September 24, 2023, 07:18:10 AM »
It rained off and on at the big steam engine show I go to every year made less than half what I did last year
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18328 on: September 24, 2023, 07:55:44 PM »

There's different degrees of moron. This one is among the worst I've seen in a professional setting. He's an utter waste of oxygen.

So we're talking about a level 5 moron whose basically like a vegan whose afraid of his own shadow :-/

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18329 on: September 24, 2023, 09:57:24 PM »
Can you sack him?

Today I can't muster up the energy to do anything.
Tek'ma'tae