Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233648 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #18180 on: July 12, 2023, 03:49:29 PM »
Yoshi is being an asshole again... only he is an adorable little jerk, even if he tears down the Picard Face Palm magnet down so many times off of my mini-fridge.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18181 on: July 12, 2023, 08:35:53 PM »
Yes, cats are adorable bastards.

A squawking bird woke me up early this morning. It went on for ages. By the time it stopped I was too awake to go back to sleep.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 08:58:23 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18182 on: July 13, 2023, 11:47:52 AM »
Yes, cats are adorable bastards.

A squawking bird woke me up early this morning. It went on for ages. By the time it stopped I was too awake to go back to sleep.
I have always loved cats for that very reason.
I have talked about losing my latest, very gentle and loving cat, sweet girl, but I also had a favorite who was so damn rambunctious and tough, played rough and expected me to play back just as rough. Amazing animal, who also loved me dearly.

I have actually kicked him halfway across the yard when he freaked me out with his greeting play and he would right hinself from spinning in midair, land on his feet and run straight back to me at lightning speed, then just hit me on the leg with all his claws and fangs drawn, but he just went "KISS" barely touching me and fell back, landed rampant ready to do it again. Daring me.

I did not like kicking him so hard but he always seemed want even more of that rough play.
He was a huge tom (24 pounds, looking skinny, just a big boy), named Blue, all blue grey including his nose, skin, eyes, paws, pads and claws all the same color as his coat. Barely see the guy until he stuck his pink tongue out.

He always played really rough and loved it. I still have scars after twenty five years or so. Then bedtime came and he was a snuggle bunny, all purrs and nuzzles, liked to stroke my cheek, soft paw.

I miss him, too. I used to take him all over with me when I went to the store and stuff close by.

I have had three neighbors come up to me and ask why I feed so many birds. Everyone has ideas on which birds and which food I should put out for which birds. They all want to help me.
Most don't like the "regular" birds. Some want to just feed finches or cardinals or redwings or doves.

I love them all and I even put out food that jays like and squirells like and rabbits and crows like.
Fuck them. I don't choose the animals. I let them choose me. I will help to fatten them all for the winter. No troubles being bird racist around here.
:LOL:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 12:06:54 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18183 on: July 13, 2023, 02:11:26 PM »
Sorry, but that was not a Bitch, but a short trip down memory lane.

I don't really have anything to bitch about right now.

One of the good days!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18184 on: July 14, 2023, 01:01:51 PM »
I need to stop bashing myself because I'm just an eccentric bloke who lives in his mother's basement not an idiot -__-

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18185 on: July 14, 2023, 09:47:46 PM »
Sorry, but that was not a Bitch, but a short trip down memory lane.

I don't really have anything to bitch about right now.

One of the good days!
What was your big, blue grey cat's name? He sounded like a great cat. Sort of like our Liam was. He was 2 when we got him and actually grew in size despite his age. We thought he was a stray because he was so thin, with sores all over and not sterilised. We took care of him and he became a lovely-looking cat. Kayleigh has a few scars from him.

I can't put food out for the birds because, well, cats. I don't want to give a menu to them.

I need to stop bashing myself because I'm just an eccentric bloke who lives in his mother's basement not an idiot -__-
You are clearly not an idiot, Genesis. Plenty of people live in basements (I'm assuming because basements in Australia are rare), it's just part of your house, why not use it?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18186 on: July 15, 2023, 07:14:32 AM »
What was your big, blue grey cat's name? He sounded like a great cat.

He was a great cat and best friend for many years. I called him, Blue, what else would I call him?
 :laugh:

He knew his name and came running when I got home, just like a puppy.
He did not like me calling his name too much, though.

I can remember times when I was falling asleep with him curled up under my chin, purring.
I would say things like, "What a good boy, Blue" "Blue is such a good boy" too many times.
He would bare his fangs and lay them gently against my skin and very gently move those fangs back and forth as it to remind me that he could take that much flesh out of my arm if he wanted, "Now shut the fuck up!"

Amazing cat!
 :lol1:

I have seen him attacked by nesting mocking birds (State bird of Texas and maybe ten times more agressive and territorial than jays, even Texas green jays) when he got too close to a nesting area. He usually went the other way, but I have also seen him jump ten feet into the air and grab one of those attacking mocking birds out of the sky if he was in such a mood.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 02:30:54 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18187 on: July 15, 2023, 08:44:29 AM »
NOW, it's time to bitch.

I was "questioned" about my use of a machete again in peaceful, civilized Indiana again this morning.
"Waddyyagonna do with that thing?" a dog walker asked.

I grabbed a inch and a half low hanging branch from a honey locust tree, blocking the sidewalk in our neighbor's yard and whacked it off flush with the main branch.

"I'm helping my neighbor who is old and a bit infirm to do this right now." I whacked off two more inch sized branches.

He said, "You know you could just use loppers for that."  I said, "This is my best lopper."

One more low hanger, little bit of trim up above which was bound to be a future problem and I was done, in about the time it took for this nosy bastard to have things explained to him.

"I don't think I've ever seen anybody use something like that to trim trees. I looks dangerous." 

I said that it could be and asked if he had loppers or a lawn mower? Sure!

I asked if he thought he could protect his family with his lopper and lawn mower.

He got this really weird look on his face, snorted and just walked away with his beautiful dog. I piled the branches in the pick up area next to the street.

Obviously a retarded, lame brained, liberal, nosy ass, busy body trying to control other people.

I saw that in him right away.
What a piece of human garbage. Leave people to themselves, asshole!!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 08:48:16 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #18188 on: July 15, 2023, 10:42:33 AM »
Feral cat had 3 kittens under my porch. One wandered into the road already. Two left, mother weaned them last week and took off. I can't take them in...my boys are having a fit and bitching from the window. Hell...the oldest one has never forgiven me for the taking in the other one. He still hates him. Trying to post them online and see if anyone will take them before the coyotes find them.  :(  They're fucking adorable.  :facepalm2:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #18189 on: July 15, 2023, 11:38:14 AM »
Awww, they look like little baby grumpy cats. :heart:
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #18190 on: July 15, 2023, 11:43:20 AM »
Awww, they look like little baby grumpy cats. :heart:

I know, and no way can I take them. This is a crazy old cat lady's worst nightmare.  :zombiefuck:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #18191 on: July 15, 2023, 11:47:25 AM »
Hopefully it will be easy to find them homes.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18192 on: July 15, 2023, 12:50:05 PM »
Cute cats.   The cat rescues take them around here and they get adopted out quick
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18193 on: July 15, 2023, 12:54:28 PM »
NOW, it's time to bitch.

I was "questioned" about my use of a machete again in peaceful, civilized Indiana again this morning.
"Waddyyagonna do with that thing?" a dog walker asked.

I grabbed a inch and a half low hanging branch from a honey locust tree, blocking the sidewalk in our neighbor's yard and whacked it off flush with the main branch.

"I'm helping my neighbor who is old and a bit infirm to do this right now." I whacked off two more inch sized branches.

He said, "You know you could just use loppers for that."  I said, "This is my best lopper."

One more low hanger, little bit of trim up above which was bound to be a future problem and I was done, in about the time it took for this nosy bastard to have things explained to him.

"I don't think I've ever seen anybody use something like that to trim trees. I looks dangerous." 

I said that it could be and asked if he had loppers or a lawn mower? Sure!

I asked if he thought he could protect his family with his lopper and lawn mower.

He got this really weird look on his face, snorted and just walked away with his beautiful dog. I piled the branches in the pick up area next to the street.

Obviously a retarded, lame brained, liberal, nosy ass, busy body trying to control other people.

I saw that in him right away.
What a piece of human garbage. Leave people to themselves, asshole!!

I've gotten those looks before :2thumbsup:   You get the same ones using a brush axe. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18194 on: July 15, 2023, 02:05:45 PM »
Yes, basically a similar tool with a long handle.

My favorite machete is a Mexican or Carribean style, made and designed specifically for harvesting sugar cane. Keep it sharp and it is a formidable tool.

Fear it and it appears to idiots almost as a Greek sword, but mine is high carbon steel, not bronze, and can hold an edge through many tortures.
Much like your craven and evil brush axe.
 :headbang2: