Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233551 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #18105 on: June 03, 2023, 09:25:06 PM »
When it's "Damned if I do and Damned if I don't"......the easier "Damned" is the way I will roll.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18106 on: June 06, 2023, 09:13:49 PM »
So, still playing Daddy Taxi for two kids who will not fucking learn to drive. They can both do it, but neither wants to take the Big Step yet.

My son works two jobs, both just across town and near by each other, except that one job has been sending him to other locations lately.

Daughter, about the same, near the brother's jobs and OK usually as far a timing between the two goes. Until recently.

My son was sent to the wrong location today and I had to go back and pick him up after getting my daughter safely to work.
Then FFS, we had to drive on the interstate to get to the other location - not so much my thing anymore.

My car does fine and I was going EIGHTY FIVE fucking miles per hour just to barely keep up with ongoing traffic and people were still flying up on my ass and passing close, switching lanes in front of me with barely a car length to spare for incidentals like donuts or coffee.
Not my thing anymore!
It was awful!
I hate busy traffic!
I signed the fuck OFF, already!

... and yet, I am still the one most capable of having all passengers survive the trip. I keep pushing them to drive and this is what I am pushing them toward??!! FUCK!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 09:15:57 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18107 on: June 07, 2023, 03:45:55 PM »
Scheduled appointment to see my Shrink, bad news is it's not until 4 days before Dad's memorial service -_-

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18108 on: June 07, 2023, 09:29:12 PM »
The flooring people have not turned up, nor have they contacted me. I've texted the property manager but have yet to hear back from her. This whole thing sucks. :(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18109 on: June 08, 2023, 05:58:30 AM »
Scheduled appointment to see my Shrink, bad news is it's not until 4 days before Dad's memorial service -_-

Sooner would be better, but four days should be enough time for you to "digest" and recover from a psychotherapy session.
We're pulling for you and I think you'll do fine.
  :)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18110 on: June 08, 2023, 06:09:01 AM »
The flooring people have not turned up, nor have they contacted me. I've texted the property manager but have yet to hear back from her. This whole thing sucks. :(

Indeed!

I'm awaiting a callback and appointment scheduling from a plumber.
Two to be more specific. One needs to have a look at our water treatment panel because it does not appear to be cycling properly.

The other is a specialized company who handles care for our outdoor sprinkler system, which we need desperately. It appears that it is never going to rain again.
We've just passed our wettest month and partway through our second wettest month, about to enter our driest month with barely any big rains to speak of. We need rain that raises the rivers and fills the lakes, soon.

Every year the sprinklers have to be inspected and the check valve system to prevent water from this sprinkler system from returning to our kitchen water supply has to be certified.
In fall they have to flush the system with air pressure and seal the check valves, then in spring they have to come back out to free up things, flush the pipes with water and get it all going again.
I always thought having a sprinkler system would be great. I never knew how much bullshit there was to operating one.

My old watering system consisted of some hoses, a few sprinkler heads and some drip valves. No one had to certify anything, it all worked fine and we did not die.
 :hahaha:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 06:20:56 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #18111 on: June 09, 2023, 11:02:22 AM »
So, still playing Daddy Taxi for two kids who will not fucking learn to drive. They can both do it, but neither wants to take the Big Step yet.

My son works two jobs, both just across town and near by each other, except that one job has been sending him to other locations lately.

Daughter, about the same, near the brother's jobs and OK usually as far a timing between the two goes. Until recently.

My son was sent to the wrong location today and I had to go back and pick him up after getting my daughter safely to work.
Then FFS, we had to drive on the interstate to get to the other location - not so much my thing anymore.

My car does fine and I was going EIGHTY FIVE fucking miles per hour just to barely keep up with ongoing traffic and people were still flying up on my ass and passing close, switching lanes in front of me with barely a car length to spare for incidentals like donuts or coffee.
Not my thing anymore!
It was awful!
I hate busy traffic!
I signed the fuck OFF, already!

... and yet, I am still the one most capable of having all passengers survive the trip. I keep pushing them to drive and this is what I am pushing them toward??!! FUCK!

Ugh. Boy can't navigate the heart of Pittsburgh yet, but has been slowly exploring the outskirts of it.

Wish I could box up the guy I found to teach him and send him there. More than we could really afford at the time...but worth every damn penny. Older guy, farmer, dealt with a ton of kids on the spectrum...dude had nerves of steel, and could calm a rabid squirrel...last lesson was sad for us both, we miss seeing him.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18112 on: June 09, 2023, 04:27:43 PM »

Sooner would be better, but four days should be enough time for you to "digest" and recover from a psychotherapy session.

My shrink is the only one that doesn't know my father is dead. The only one of my doctors (as far as I know of)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18113 on: June 09, 2023, 05:00:59 PM »

My shrink is the only one that doesn't know my father is dead. The only one of my doctors (as far as I know of)

Sorry, but that's fucked up.

You might give him/her a chance to do more homework with a notiification of this important new news.

These people will usually attempt to work WITH you, but they must rely upon your honesty and your being as forthcoming as possible so they do not have to spend the first 90% of your session dragging this shit out of you.
It's the only way they can help is if you are honest and open.

I hate dealing with shit, but, unless you are planning to embarrass them in some way, you have to give them a lit ember to blow on.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18114 on: June 09, 2023, 05:07:12 PM »

Sorry, but that's fucked up.

You might give him/her a chance to do more homework with a notiification of this important new news.

These people will usually attempt to work WITH you, but they must rely upon your honesty and your being as forthcoming as possible so they do not have to spend the first 90% of your session dragging this shit out of you.
It's the only way they can help is if you are honest and open.

I hate dealing with shit, but, unless you are planning to embarrass them in some way, you have to give them a lit ember to blow on.

I'm not embarrassing them.... I respect their opinions..... the shrink I had in high school (I would embarrass the SOB)

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18115 on: June 09, 2023, 08:52:09 PM »
The flooring won't be done until next Thursday. They had a family emergency and couldn't come to our place when we thought they would.

The house is in chaos with stuff everywhere and half of it is out in the carport. It's been raining every day since Monday when the painters were here (thankfully they're finished) and so everything is damp. I stupidly did a load of washing and hung it out, not sure when it will dry.

And the flooring people are going to be here at 7:15am next Thursday. 7:15am!
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18116 on: June 10, 2023, 02:31:06 PM »
Found a crack in an axe I bought and was cleaning up
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #18117 on: June 10, 2023, 06:39:29 PM »
Um......

What

The

FRACK!?!?!?!?!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18118 on: June 10, 2023, 08:39:32 PM »
My washing is still on the line.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18119 on: June 11, 2023, 03:11:39 PM »
Another weekend that rushed by. WTF?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein