Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234253 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17895 on: March 12, 2023, 10:23:33 PM »
This pain is TOO MUCH!!! I hate it -_-, I need to go to a dentist.... but which one will accept my insurance?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17896 on: March 12, 2023, 10:41:13 PM »
I used mould killer on my tiled floor when I first moved in and the grout came up a treat. Just used it in the bathroom on saturday too.
Ignore the stay-at-home-mummy hacks, go straight for the nuclear option.
I've used mould killer in the shower and the hand basin. Gonna have to go in wearing white to do the whole floor. It's a big bathroom in the middle of a small house.
Yeah? No kidding? 

We have to scrub the grout on our tiled kitchen floor every couple of weeks, no matter how careful we are to keep the kitchen floor clean every day.
The collective wisdom says do not wax tile, but I wonder if there is a product that will protect grout a little longer between knee job scrubbings.
 :dunno:
It would drive me nuts to have to scour the bathroom and toilet every couple of weeks. I'm thankful the rest of the house (apart from the laundry) is vinyl tile even though I don't like that either.

Gary - I need a long-handled grout brush.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #17897 on: March 13, 2023, 07:18:55 AM »
Do you know what throws me off about a beautiful woman who's dressed scandalously adding you randomly on Facebook?

The fact that it's not a beautiful woman who's dressed scandalously adding you on Facebook. It's an extortion cell going from places down in Ivory Coast, The Philippines, India, and even possibly Thailand.

I used to get them a lot.  So bogus and obvious bait for whatever they do. ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17898 on: March 13, 2023, 11:42:43 AM »
Do you know what throws me off about a beautiful woman who's dressed scandalously adding you randomly on Facebook?

The fact that it's not a beautiful woman who's dressed scandalously adding you on Facebook. It's an extortion cell going from places down in Ivory Coast, The Philippines, India, and even possibly Thailand.

I used to get them a lot.  So bogus and obvious bait for whatever they do. ::)

yeah  :nerdy:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17899 on: March 13, 2023, 12:02:00 PM »
Spilled water while doing the dishes and soaked one of my socks :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17900 on: March 13, 2023, 05:02:30 PM »
I'm going to lose one of my favorite trees, it seems!
:bigcry:

The city is going to update, redo and level up the neighborhood sidewalks. This beautiful red maple tree is a part of the problem.
It is technically not my tree since it lives on the street side of the sidewalk, within the city's property easement.

There are many trees which are heaving the sidewalks out of place, causing the sidewalks to no longer meet compliance with city code for walk ways.

The City Parks Division arborist wanted to meet with us to discuss this (a courtesy I would not have expected after my last dealing with the city over our old house) and he promised he would do all he can to save the tree.

His "job" is to use city funds as meaningfully as possible however. He says usually when you remove half a root system from a tree this large they die anyway or a storm blows them over before they can reestablish a good root system on that side of the tree.
Either way spells almost certain doom.

He aslo asks if I wanted the tree replaced. "YES!!" I asked for it to be replaced with another red maple, PLEASE. But I also told him that I do not want a locust tree (constantly dropping sticks) or a silver maple (not much fall color and very weak in storms) to replace it. Most anything else would be fine.

He had me sign stuff saying I was notified and gave me a file folder with my "Case Number" on it. WTF!?!  A case?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17901 on: March 14, 2023, 04:50:49 AM »
Our housing association has sent two contractors out to view and measure our house for renovations. Part of these renovations is replacing the floor (vinyl tiles). I'd like it to be done but it would be a huge upheaval in our lives.  We'd have to move everything out of the house, including the four bookcases and books, the tv and sound system, the fridge and oven, our beds, etc.

I don't know if we can refuse because they say they have to spend the funding they received from the government.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17902 on: March 14, 2023, 05:10:03 AM »
Our housing association has sent two contractors out to view and measure our house for renovations. Part of these renovations is replacing the floor (vinyl tiles). I'd like it to be done but it would be a huge upheaval in our lives.  We'd have to move everything out of the house, including the four bookcases and books, the tv and sound system, the fridge and oven, our beds, etc.

I don't know if we can refuse because they say they have to spend the funding they received from the government.

Couldn't they do it one room at a time and move things from room to room?

When I got the carpets done at my old place I got most stuff downstairs but left some of the heavier things for them to move as needed. I dismantled my bed of course, but left it in the room. And my dresser stayed in there too. The flooring company charges extra if they have to move/remove too much but the burden shouldn't be on you to spare the landlord the extra cost.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17903 on: March 15, 2023, 09:00:08 PM »
^Exactly. And we don't know where to put the cats either. Cattery maybe but they are pretty expensive and I'm worried Kira will have a heart attack. He poops himself just going to the vet.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17904 on: March 16, 2023, 04:50:53 AM »
I left my cats with my mum (I stayed over one or two nights too). I know you mightn't have the same privilege though.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17905 on: March 16, 2023, 01:49:39 PM »
Why am I cold? Is the heater going bonkers again????

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17906 on: March 16, 2023, 09:40:05 PM »
I left my cats with my mum (I stayed over one or two nights too). I know you mightn't have the same privilege though.
That would be ideal if my parents didn't live so far away. And all the family members that live close-ish have dogs.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17907 on: March 17, 2023, 01:28:53 PM »
Book Bannings, Censorship, Don't say this, Don't do that? WTF is going on????

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17908 on: March 17, 2023, 02:41:06 PM »
How do you troll a troll?

The same way as the non-trolls.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17909 on: March 17, 2023, 02:48:11 PM »
I fucking hate passive-aggressive.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein