Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231300 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17850 on: February 26, 2023, 04:28:45 PM »
I want my weekend back.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #17851 on: February 26, 2023, 09:24:45 PM »
The latest weather sucks, unsettled, snowy depressing
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17852 on: February 27, 2023, 08:32:04 AM »
Cub is sick today so I'm not looking forward to Monday anymore. Now I have to figure out how to get an overdue shower when he flips out when I disappear into the bathroom for half an hour.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17853 on: February 27, 2023, 09:07:26 AM »
Also, the book I was reading ended on a cliffhanger, and I'm still on the hold list at the library for the sequel.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17854 on: February 27, 2023, 05:14:33 PM »
Ron Desantis is a Douche Bag

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17855 on: February 27, 2023, 09:36:14 PM »
Ron Desantis is a Douche Bag

And that's being kind.  He makes stalin look benign.

"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17856 on: February 28, 2023, 05:08:48 PM »
He's an idiot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17857 on: February 28, 2023, 08:24:13 PM »
He's an idiot.

Now that is being kind!   Seriously, he is a demagogue fascist.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17858 on: March 02, 2023, 09:02:35 AM »
Cub is sick, I had to keep him home Monday and Tuesday, and then Wednesday I was totally fried so I made him go to preschool even though he was really hoarse and losing his voice. Now today he has a bad cough and is feeling like crap so I'm letting him stay home again. I don't want to covid test him because like many covid kids he's developed a terror of things up his nose, and with past tests it's always taken two people, a nurse to do the test while I restrain him.

I hate kid sick days, it's impossible to keep him entertained because he refuses to play by himself, everything he wants to do requires interaction.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17859 on: March 02, 2023, 06:15:07 PM »
Cub is sick, I had to keep him home Monday and Tuesday, and then Wednesday I was totally fried so I made him go to preschool even though he was really hoarse and losing his voice. Now today he has a bad cough and is feeling like crap so I'm letting him stay home again. I don't want to covid test him because like many covid kids he's developed a terror of things up his nose, and with past tests it's always taken two people, a nurse to do the test while I restrain him.

I hate kid sick days, it's impossible to keep him entertained because he refuses to play by himself, everything he wants to do requires interaction.

Sorry the cub is getting sick. Keep watch for a fever!
Right now TeH Sick is everywhere I turn. Almost everyone I know and everywhere I shop, someone is either sick as Hell or caring for someone who is.

This whole family got pretty damn sick before Christmas, but most got past it fairly quickly. I was the last to fall, right after Christmas day. But we all had tummy troubles first, fever and not able to eat, which to me usually indicates a kind of flu and not just the normal common cold stuff.
I was bad off until the end of January. So bad off (I lost a couple of days) that I took two of those OTC Covid tests, both negative, four days apart as directed.

Then I had two weeks of "Alright, I'm over it finally!"  But last week I got a sore throat and damn if I am not sick again with what seems like a common cold. This sucks!

I have been watching for fever and none so far.

I hope Cubby snaps back soon!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 06:17:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17860 on: March 02, 2023, 06:23:45 PM »
What I came to bitch about is my thrice damned, inflamed arthritic knees, swelling again.

I have not done anything, I have not been anywhere, except for some instant quick pick ups at the grocery and driving my kids to work and back. Mostly, the kids will run through the store for me. SO I have not done anything!
I have actually been too sick for too long to even consider working in my shop with cool shit I like to do.

... and yet my knees get pissy and blow up! WTF!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17861 on: March 02, 2023, 06:48:28 PM »
Oh, Pyraxis, after some thought, that interaction he seeks may be a large part of the cure he needs for right now.
He feels like crap and he needs to know everything is going to be OK.
 :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17862 on: March 03, 2023, 02:54:55 PM »
He's an idiot.

Now that is being kind!   Seriously, he is a demagogue fascist.

He's a very dangerous fascist. He is Trump 2.0 because he's not going to repeat Trump's idiocy.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17863 on: March 03, 2023, 02:56:11 PM »
Why s censorship such a contentious subject?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #17864 on: March 03, 2023, 03:08:56 PM »
Why is everybody taking those with a huge lack of critical thinking skills seriously?
:dog: