Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232858 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17820 on: February 15, 2023, 02:55:58 PM »
walmart never fails to astound me with their upper managerial incompetence.

The incompetence is one thing, me being glad I left... Yep

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #17821 on: February 15, 2023, 05:17:23 PM »
walmart never fails to astound me with their upper managerial incompetence.

The incompetence is one thing, me being glad I left... Yep

Oh, I hear you on that one.  They lost my trust and loyalty time and time again.  Glad I only work 2 days a week!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17822 on: February 15, 2023, 06:40:37 PM »
^Facebook is kind like that.  ::)

Well I was at work yesterday afternoon and i saw that the lunch room had run out of tissues. So I went to get some more from the cleaning cupboard. They were piled high on the top shelf. I couldn't reach them. I went and got a chair and got up on it and passed some boxes of tissues to the lower shelf. Then I heard the chair creak ominously and I panicked (I didn't want to be responsible for a broken chair). I stepped quickly backwards, fell to the floor and broke my right arm. I didn't know at the time it was broken so I got up and took a blasted box of tissues to the lunch room.

I finished all the cleaning that needed to be done. Squeezing the trigger of my sanitiser bottle hurt somewhat but I was very glad I'm left handed because I use that hand to wipe surfaces with a sanitised cloth.

Driving was a bit difficult but I live only five minutes from work. When I got home I said to Kayleigh that I might have to go to the ED  because I couldn't straighten my arm. She said let's have dinner first and I'm glad I did because sitting in the ED hungry and in pain would have been unpleasant.

We also had to wait for our grocery delivery from Coles. When it came, Kayleigh put everything away and then I drove us to the ED. I was seen almost straight away and had x-rays (that really hurt because I had to move my arm to various positions) that confirmed I broke my radius at the elbow. I got a fancy grey sling to wear that the doctor took a long time to put on me. So much so that I broke out into a sweat from the pain. I was given some pain medication and anti-inflammatories and sent home. I'm to expect a call from the fracture clinic within the next week. I'll have to go there and they're supposed to give me exercises to do or something.

I think I had about four hours of sleep last night. I was very uncomfortable. I have also been worried about the phone calls I'll have to make to my workplace and the Salvos. I have to make a worker's compensation claim which I don't want to do.

So that's my quick bitch. Oh and I also have to do everything one-handed which sucks.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 06:49:04 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17823 on: February 15, 2023, 08:57:31 PM »
:hug: I hope your arm heals quickly. :emosad:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17824 on: February 15, 2023, 09:17:30 PM »
^Facebook is kind like that.  ::)

Well I was at work yesterday afternoon and i saw that the lunch room had run out of tissues. So I went to get some more from the cleaning cupboard. They were piled high on the top shelf. I couldn't reach them. I went and got a chair and got up on it and passed some boxes of tissues to the lower shelf. Then I heard the chair creak ominously and I panicked (I didn't want to be responsible for a broken chair). I stepped quickly backwards, fell to the floor and broke my right arm. I didn't know at the time it was broken so I got up and took a blasted box of tissues to the lunch room.

I finished all the cleaning that needed to be done. Squeezing the trigger of my sanitiser bottle hurt somewhat but I was very glad I'm left handed because I use that hand to wipe surfaces with a sanitised cloth.

Driving was a bit difficult but I live only five minutes from work. When I got home I said to Kayleigh that I might have to go to the ED  because I couldn't straighten my arm. She said let's have dinner first and I'm glad I did because sitting in the ED hungry and in pain would have been unpleasant.

We also had to wait for our grocery delivery from Coles. When it came, Kayleigh put everything away and then I drove us to the ED. I was seen almost straight away and had x-rays (that really hurt because I had to move my arm to various positions) that confirmed I broke my radius at the elbow. I got a fancy grey sling to wear that the doctor took a long time to put on me. So much so that I broke out into a sweat from the pain. I was given some pain medication and anti-inflammatories and sent home. I'm to expect a call from the fracture clinic within the next week. I'll have to go there and they're supposed to give me exercises to do or something.

I think I had about four hours of sleep last night. I was very uncomfortable. I have also been worried about the phone calls I'll have to make to my workplace and the Salvos. I have to make a worker's compensation claim which I don't want to do.

So that's my quick bitch. Oh and I also have to do everything one-handed which sucks.

At my age that is one of my major fears, falling doing something routine and breaking a bone.  Hope you heal soon and feel less pain sooner.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #17825 on: February 16, 2023, 06:07:25 AM »
Found out today that the school my kids go to have have 4 lockdowns this year already (school has only been back for 2-3 weeks this year so far). Today my daughter who is in year 7 hid in a locker while a kid in her class had a meltdown and eventually started threatening people with a sharp stick, saying he was going to kill someone. This is a school that has a high percentage of neurodiverse kids. This is a K-12 school in the Dandenong Rangers of Victoria Australia where they don't have a school uniform (most Australian schools require a uniform) and they call the teachers by their forst name. A lot of Hippy/Arty people live in the area.

When my wife picked the kids up, my daughter burst into tears when she got in the car and it ruined her makeup (makeup is her 'thing').

This is one of the better schools out kids have gone to but still, pretty messed up thing to have to go through.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17826 on: February 16, 2023, 06:18:39 AM »
I've hurt my ankle and I don't know how I did it (nothing compared to a broken arm though :()

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17827 on: February 16, 2023, 08:35:04 PM »
I've hurt my ankle and I don't know how I did it (nothing compared to a broken arm though :()
When you get older, things like that can happen in your sleep! :o

The novelty of wearing a sling has totally worn off. And taking pain meds does nothing so I've stopped bothering to take any.

Phlexor, I think your daughter was wise to hide away from the kid who had a meltdown. She stayed safe.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17828 on: February 17, 2023, 02:51:23 PM »
DAMN!
Everyone is getting banged up lately.
Adding myself with another ugly fall. Ice got me again. I did not break anything, but I sure pissed of my "good" knee. It is still swollen like a I'm smuggling a cantaloupe under the skin and I can not bend it.
So, there's my latest booboo to add to the collective misery.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17829 on: February 17, 2023, 03:43:33 PM »
Friday on the Highway driving......I'm going 70 and people passing me like I was standing still and weaving in and out of traffic to pass everybody.  And talking to the cell phone in THEIR hand while driving.  What could possibly go wrong! ::)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17830 on: February 18, 2023, 07:52:52 AM »
Nikki Hailey will be a good candidate
She did a good job as governor
Being Libertarian I hope the major parties come up with good candidates in 2024

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17831 on: February 18, 2023, 03:57:16 PM »
Friday on the Highway driving......I'm going 70 and people passing me like I was standing still and weaving in and out of traffic to pass everybody.  And talking to the cell phone in THEIR hand while driving.  What could possibly go wrong! ::)

I saw someone texting while driving on the motorway. He was barely looking at the road.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17832 on: February 18, 2023, 10:35:44 PM »

I saw someone texting while driving on the motorway. He was barely looking at the road.

Boggles my mind.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17833 on: February 19, 2023, 12:54:42 PM »

Boggles my mind.

Mine too. I wouldn't mind if they drove off the road on their own but innocent people always get in the way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17834 on: February 19, 2023, 02:07:48 PM »

Boggles my mind.

Mine too. I wouldn't mind if they drove off the road on their own but innocent people always get in the way.

I feel the same way about drunk drivers.  Last night as I was driving home at 10pm.  The car in front of me was weaving a fair amount before getting on the highway.  I kept my distance well in back of them.   :-\