Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231145 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17670 on: November 12, 2022, 09:05:51 AM »
It doesn't work.
Something's gotta give!

Exactly. I've applied for a nightfill job at Woolworths, but the ideal is to find a better day job. As I always say. I'll surprise you all and it will actually happen one day, I swear  :P

Good luck! Adding a second job and reducing your recovery time between shifts will be tough. May be the only short fix most of us can try.
We were feeling OK about everything, until this 15% inflation or even more for groceries.

As much as I would love to just blame the current Presidential administration for our troubles, this new dynamic economy goes far wider worldwide that anything any USA president can influence.
We are all in trouble! It's not just the USA.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17671 on: November 12, 2022, 10:43:39 AM »
WTF is with people doing multiple transactions on several different cards at the ATM when there are like five people in line behind them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17672 on: November 12, 2022, 04:25:46 PM »
Recognize Royalty when you see it. They are more important than you mere subjects standing in long lines.
You must wait for your rewards until they decide it is your time.

Consider yourself well off and give thanks to those who made your paycheck possible for you.

Mother fuckers!!
We are still at war with these assholes. We have told them several times to fuck off, but they just won't!

This is why Americans do not bow, we do not kneel. Unfortunately, there is more work to do ridding our country of these useless Royals.
 :viking:

There is more to this, BTW!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17673 on: November 12, 2022, 06:21:05 PM »
"Where's my God Damn shoe!?!"  (Pacific Rim reference, for those living in caves)

Actually, it is my peanuts.
I ordered a case of Planter's Cocktail Peanuts four days ago, with the Amazon Prime promise that they would be here next day. My favorite canned peanuts! I eat a lot of nuts this time of year; always have. Maybe I am part squirrel, who knows?

It has now been four days and they were supposedly shipped from the local warehouse. Each day the tracking changes.
Now, it seems as if they are "in transit" from Philadelphia, instead of at my door next day, meaning two days ago.

Where's my God Damn Peanuts!?!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17674 on: November 12, 2022, 09:02:08 PM »
WTF is with people doing multiple transactions on several different cards at the ATM when there are like five people in line behind them
That's just rude!

I've become so used to online banking and paying things with Paywave that i haven't used an ATM in about six months. And I'm glad if people are now messing around with this multiple cards shenanigans!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17675 on: November 14, 2022, 02:53:56 AM »
Well, Woolworths have already deemed me unsuccessful :-\

I'ma try for this full-time state government job with some new fandangled "Regional NSW" department.
Helping people rort the system and get grants from them all day. That'll be fun :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17676 on: November 14, 2022, 07:09:35 AM »
WTF! You did not get the job? That seems shit!
I actually thought that Woolworth was gone and done, sold to another conglomerate. Pretty sure there are none here in the USA. Similar to other old names like Sears, Kmart, Globe, Ben Franklin and Ward's.

:dunno:

Good luck with the job search!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17677 on: November 14, 2022, 07:13:10 AM »
My peanuts arrived at about 9PM, right in the middle of football. Perfect!
It had been dark for hours and these Amazon guys were still out there Doing It!
I kind of feel guilty, but hey!
... they are gainfully employed.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #17678 on: November 14, 2022, 07:38:34 AM »
I actually thought that Woolworth was gone and done, sold to another conglomerate. Pretty sure there are none here in the USA. Similar to other old names like Sears, Kmart, Globe, Ben Franklin and Ward's.

Woolworths here is a completely different company than Woolworth in the US. Also Kmart here became a seperate entity from Kmart US in 1978 I believe. It's actually doing quite well here.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17679 on: November 14, 2022, 02:34:51 PM »
I start my new job soon, but question is.... will I see my family on Thanksgiving or would I have to work?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17680 on: November 14, 2022, 06:19:37 PM »

Woolworths here is a completely different company than Woolworth in the US. Also Kmart here became a seperate entity from Kmart US in 1978 I believe. It's actually doing quite well here.
A friend of mine said that Kmart should be called Anko since that is the name on all the products that they sell.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17681 on: November 14, 2022, 06:46:16 PM »
Extremely anxious the last few days not sure why :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #17682 on: November 14, 2022, 07:56:17 PM »

SAD????   :o
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #17683 on: November 14, 2022, 08:45:24 PM »

I've been anxious too. :aff:
:gopher:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #17684 on: November 14, 2022, 09:52:39 PM »
I'm also more anxious, but I get this way every yeah because of Christmas. It freaks me the fuck out. I worry we aren't going to be able to get all the presents we need on time, I worry that we won't be able to find the right gifts. I worry we wont be able to tidy enough for the day (we are slight hoarders), and I worry I won't be able to find a good gift for my wife (I get panic attacks easy). I really hate any gift giving event as I suck at it and personally I hate my own birthday and don't want gifts/celebrations. So basically Christmas is everyone's birthday all at once to me. And it's not even SAD as it's coming into summer down here.

FML