Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233554 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #17625 on: October 14, 2022, 09:53:59 PM »
The deli put olives on my roast beef sandwich  :puke:
Olives are gross.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17626 on: October 15, 2022, 02:51:49 PM »
This Saturday doesn't feel right... I usually sit and take care of LL's needs by now... but as of right this moment, I'm helping with taking care of Dolly until Tuesday at the latest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17627 on: October 15, 2022, 05:13:22 PM »
The deli put olives on my roast beef sandwich  :puke:
Olives are gross.

I love olives, but not with beef.
:puke:

Olives go great with sausages, cheese, crackers and various finger foods.
Beef stands alone!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17628 on: October 15, 2022, 05:54:07 PM »
If the new Shinkai movie is released in Japan on 11/11/2022 when will it be released in North America? January, February???

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17629 on: October 18, 2022, 06:29:33 AM »
Well at least one brother isn't coming on Saturday because he can't get there in time, so it's safe to assume the other brother can't as well.
Can't blame them. In fact maybe I should offer my pardon and see dad in the Ridge too
I protested for a Monday funeral so my brothers wouldn't have to cut their time with dad short, but my aunts seem to think spending time with dad isn't important.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17630 on: October 18, 2022, 07:23:45 AM »
Great, now mum's gone overboard and booked a 2BR family size room at the motel just for us two to stay in.
I said I only wanted that type of room if my brothers were coming with!
Plus she didn't even ask what day I want to check out/go home. She could have booked the stupid thing into next week for all I know.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17631 on: October 22, 2022, 03:32:56 PM »
Lots of stress at work... again. I keep telling them that this cannot continue indefinitely. I can't be expected to solve their lack of planning every fucking time.

Yes, Carla is feeling that too and she is ready to crack.  As  my favorite self made quote goes, "Bad planning on mgmt's part is NOT an emergency on mine".

It's getting ridiculous. I have work ethics. I feel responsible for the things I do, so I think they take advantage of that. Not sure if it's entirely conscious on their part but it feels that way. It's a ruse - you are given a title and responsibilities, but not the powers you need to make the problems go away.

Yes, that is exactly how Carla is feeling.  She takes her responsibilities as a Pharmacist very seriously.  And corporate walmart exploits it to the Nth degree!

The world's gone to hell when decent work ethics bring you down. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17632 on: October 22, 2022, 06:53:09 PM »
The Troll is a Whore!
That's obviously the point!!!!

It was? DAMN!!!!!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17633 on: October 23, 2022, 06:48:21 AM »
Car is playing up. It's currently in the garage with the battery disconnected and the wheels chocked. The transmission won't go into park and so the accessories in the car (ie. touch screen, radio, wipers, AC, inside lights) won't turn off. Oh and the foot operated parking brake is failing for some reason.
It started happening yesterday, right as I pulled into a car spot at the crematorium for the funeral.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17634 on: October 23, 2022, 10:45:07 AM »
Car is playing up. It's currently in the garage with the battery disconnected and the wheels chocked. The transmission won't go into park and so the accessories in the car (ie. touch screen, radio, wipers, AC, inside lights) won't turn off. Oh and the foot operated parking brake is failing for some reason.
It started happening yesterday, right as I pulled into a car spot at the crematorium for the funeral.

My daughter's car has decided it wants attention as well.

She does not drive, but we start the car every few days to keep the battery up and the juices flowing.
But, when she shuts it off she always restarts it immediately, draining a laege portion of the battery charge she just wasted gas acquiring.

A couple of days ago it did not start back up, but smoked instead. Most likely a starter solenoid.

:'(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17635 on: October 23, 2022, 08:45:06 PM »
Found a dead magpie outside the back door yesterday morning when I got up. Looked like it had been dead for a day or two so I'm not sure if one of the cats killed it. It had probably been brought to the door by one of the cats though, a present for us?

Anyway, I put a pair of disposable gloves on and picked it up with a load of paper towel. It was quite heavy. I put it in the outside bin.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #17636 on: October 24, 2022, 03:01:58 PM »
Turns out I'm healing up nicely from where the blood clot(s) were in the 2+ years prior... just need to continue with the baby aspirin, the compression socks, and other necessities therefore I should be fine for another 6 months.

Damn -_-

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17637 on: October 25, 2022, 02:14:09 AM »
I have to do some weird stuff for a blood test tomorrow. It's metadrenaline plasma. I can't have anything to eat or drink except water for 12 hours prior. I don't like water.

I can't exercise for 2 hours prior. That's ok because I'm going to get it done first thing in the morning.

I have to lie down for 30 minutes before they take blood.

What a pain in the arse. I have another appointment at 11am that is really important so I don't want to be late for that.

The reason for this test is to investigate the weird headaches I've been having where my temperature goes up and I get drenched in sweat. My doctor was stumped when I asked what it meant. He said it could be hormonal changes since I'm nearing the menopause age. I'm on Depo Provera which could be masking it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17638 on: October 25, 2022, 04:27:54 AM »
Turns out it was a bloody rock!! Caught in a lever on the outside of the gearbox somewhere.

A Bloody Rock.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #17639 on: October 25, 2022, 10:02:35 AM »
Lots of stress at work... again. I keep telling them that this cannot continue indefinitely. I can't be expected to solve their lack of planning every fucking time.

Yes, Carla is feeling that too and she is ready to crack.  As  my favorite self made quote goes, "Bad planning on mgmt's part is NOT an emergency on mine".

It's getting ridiculous. I have work ethics. I feel responsible for the things I do, so I think they take advantage of that. Not sure if it's entirely conscious on their part but it feels that way. It's a ruse - you are given a title and responsibilities, but not the powers you need to make the problems go away.

Yes, that is exactly how Carla is feeling.  She takes her responsibilities as a Pharmacist very seriously.  And corporate walmart exploits it to the Nth degree!

The world's gone to hell when decent work ethics bring you down. :(

Yep, you got that right!  Work diligently, with integrity and you will get your just rewards.............NOT!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant